1. Jabarkis

B Other Combat Animation Enhancement - Fifth Release with Trailer 15/11/10

Fourth Release - Archery

Trailer

Download

2. Jabarkis

Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

mtarini said:
    As a backup solution, you can still edit vertex animatins by importing/exporting individual frames.
    There are a few caveats about that procedure, see [this] post.
    Depending on what kind of vertex animation you want do to, that could be just what you need.

Naturally using a file format for vertex animation would be a lot faster.
    I don't know much about .vta file format. I think I might have built an importer for it once in another project, but I'm not sure.
    You can try pm-ing me an example of the data you would like to be able to import in openBRF, I'll see.

However, I wonder if it is maybe possible for XSI user to grab some MD3 importer instead.

Very useful information, thank you! And it looks like the .obj import will work for my purposes. I'll PM you a .vta file in a little bit, but I think my problem is probably solved, at least as far as my experiments have gone.

Thank you for the speedy reply and for the links and everything!

Edit: there is currently no MD3 importer or exporter for XSI. It seems .vta might be a useful format to support, if it's at all straight-forward  as it's included in the Source Exporter which allows for the export of SMDs. Of course, I don't profess to know anything about this stuff, and I absolutely don't want to sound like I'm demanding anything :mrgreen:
  3. Jabarkis

Thulgar said:
    Just downloaded and watched the trailer
    Very nice piece of work^^
    The cuts are good and the idea of a chasing scene is awesome :grin:
    mouthnhoof said:
    Excellent work on the polearms! looks very nice and the trailer is action movie quality!
    Also, thanks for liking the trailer somewhere not on youtube. Sony says I am not allowed to watch it.
    Blobmania said:
    just checked out the polearm vid. Totally friggin awesome.
    DanAngleland said:
    The polearm animations look fantastic, well done. The trailer was also very cool :wink:

Thanks everyone! And I'm available to work on trailers for other mods, too :wink:
  4. Jabarkis

Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

I've been reading through this thread looking for information on OpenBRF's support, or otherwise, of the .vta vertex animation format and I was disappointed to see that it wasn't supported.

As a user of XSI I don't have access to an MD3 exporter, so I'm unable, with the current capabilities of OpenBRF, to edit vertex animations. Is there a plan to introduce support for .vta files in the future, or am I stuck?

As an aside: OpenBRF is an excellent package, and given BRFEdit's complete failure to run on my system, it's particularly appreciated!
  5. Jabarkis

elorian said:
    Youre Video trailer was real movie quality!

Many thanks!
  6. Jabarkis

Outlawed said:
    Boy would I like to see the bow animation worked on =p
    A tip. Makes all bows Crossbows so they have a 2 step animation. A knocking animation (reload) paired with a special walking animation while its knocked, and a loose animation for firing the arrow xD
    I do not know how doable it is, but changing the xbow meshes would be easy and I guess all you'd need is an animation.

:cool:
  7. Jabarkis

It's worth remembering Papa's method for making these animations - I film him and then Papa essentially rotoscopes the animations from frames of the filmed footage. A lot of the perceived strangeness in the wrist therefore comes from a combination of a fairly basic in-game rig (with crude, separate hand models which are not attached to the rest of the arm and so do not deform at the wrist), and any individual qualities of the strength and flexibility of Papa himself in real life.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the technique you are seeing, even if not technically perfect, is still being performed by a real person, who has trained in martial arts (Eastern and Western) and who is using a pretty good analogue of the weapon in question. If Papa's wrist didn't break when we filmed the reference (often with multiple takes, or with a hard-target to strike) then the average person's wrist should hold up fine.
  8. Jabarkis

CounterPoint391 said:
    Nice video. Well put together

Many thanks for the kind feed-back :smile:

And anyone who is interested: as my signature says, my video-capture and editing services are available for other projects on request. Just send me a PM and I'll get down to consultation with you on what you want for your promotional videos as soon as I can!
  9. Jabarkis

Modelling, texturing and importing tutorial - which sword would you like to see?

Hello everyone, I'm planning on writing (over as long as a few months!) a tutorial on modelling, texturing and importing a weapon into Warband (for use in single-player and multiplayer). There are already several fine tutorials on this topic, and I propose to do nothing more than consolidate...
Back
Top Bottom