Recent content by Ishtarin

1. I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

The more time it takes, the more content and new stuff will be in the next branch.
    Not true at all considering how long 1.4.2 took and how little it brought.
  2. Looters vs Spearmen

Ignoring that currently in MP no melee weapon is being significantly overused compared to everything else (at least not to the degree spears were) and spears still have utility as support and anti-cavalry, yes, with how Taleworlds designed spears in Bannerlord a spear spamfest would be much worse than pretty much every other melee weapon in the game. They're two-directional with long range, which led to infantry fights that were just players trying to poke at each other and made group-fighting and outnumbered fights chaotic and impossible.
    the current meta is just menavliatons swinging wildly without even bothering to block, I'd rather have a spear spamfest than this cancer
  3. Looters vs Spearmen

In my experience, the AI never tries to use spears against anything but cavalry anyways and outside the arena I don't think any unit only has a spear. Even if they have their spears ready after being charged by cavalry, they'll quickly switch to their primary weapons when they meet enemy infantry. This behavior indicates that Taleworlds never intended for spears to be a strong weapon versus infantry, which isn't that surprising if you've played Warband.

Also, the multiplayer hate is unwarranted. The nerfs to spears mostly had to do with their overtuned speed and damage compared to other melee weapons. The AI would still have been terrible at using them and would still switch to their primary against non-cavalry even without the nerfs. I think most MP players would also prefer SP and MP combat become unlinked, especially if it were to mean they'll actually listen to suggestions more. If you're upset about spears, don't blame MP players for wanting MP to not be a spear spamfest, blame TW for their initial design.
    so now we have an axe/swinging polearm spamfest and that's alright, or a sword only spamfest and that would be alright too, anything but spears huh?
  4. Fix Pikes, Lances, Spears

That video also shows one of the greatest weaknesses of mounted combat in this game: damage windows are unaffected by relative speed. Doesn't matter if you're early or late in a thrust animation the damage of a horse running into you or you running into someone on a horse should still do a ton of damage but it just bounces off for whatever reason.
  5. How will they fix Sturgia getting completely eliminated in one year, and Khuzait and Vlandia taking half the map in 3 years?

By reducing your progression and making them even more dominant when you finally get strong of course! The player can't be expected to make money or get troop XP reasonably before the world turns to ****, devs just can't allow that.
  6. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Well I might be a minority but I have zero interest in any "passive xp" especially for the troops in your army, they spend their time moving on the campaign map and carrying your goods why should this increase their proficiency in their fighting skills ? Also promoting units give them better equipement and you don't pay much for that, I like to think they mostly get their stuff while looting the defeated ennemies and you just give them a little extra.

However as it has been said before I 100% agree for better Xp for garrison/training camps units that spend their days training and not just idling (since they eat food from the castle/city and we also pay for their wages might as well make them work for it) or a facility to train actively with our troops to give them XP.
    For me it would also makes sense for the player to inject money into his low tier troops to "kickstart" them like paying for a shield and better armor for your recruits so you can get some T2 faster instead of just F1F3 your recruits against looters (even if I don't mind it personnaly but I can understand why people might find it frustrating after a while).
    This would also create an easily manageable gold sink for late game.

However this should be limited, higher tier units requires real fighting experience to improve beyond T3, your T4-T5T-6 should be earned with blood and sweat and their loss should always be a pain and meaningful.
    Completely agree. No army would run into combat with farmers carrying a sword. They'd have at minimum shielded spearmen even if they were levies. Lords should have the ability to pump gold to go to T2 or T3 in addition to looter grinding. Active training in the form of mock battles would provide much entertainment and fighting experience for the player in addition to easing the mindless looter grind.
  7. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

That seems on the extreme end of things. What you're suggesting is giving troops 55xp a day for doing nothing as a reward for getting to level 25 in leadership. At that rate you could get 200 tier 1 recruits to 200 tier 4 troops in only ~27 days.
    That sounds about right, AI lords get that stuff in a week
  8. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

I was aganist removal of 25 days truce from first days. I also informed players here you can make a search in forum about this issue and see what was happened. There are about 80 people working in company and I am not final decision maker of all decisions. Probably some of them are wrong decisions. Especially perks are not my area. If something is wrong it will be corrected after a time.

However yes I reduced the effect of perks and I do not think it is a wrong decision. Previously that perk was giving 30 xp to every stack. In each stack you can have even 1 soldier or 30 soldiers. It was giving 30 xp in all situations even you have 1 soldier or 30 soldiers. It was giving 60 xp to second stack and 90 xp to third stack and 120 xps to fourth stack and so on, tier 1-2s are in first stacks and they get 30 or 60 xp. It was a bug (not intended) and it was making all AI parties full elites, I see that bug from forum reports, I am not coder of these parts and fixed while fixing I reduced 30 to 2 because now we are giving xp per troop not per stack. Now this perk gives 2 xp per troop in stack (tier 1-2-3). So if you have 10 vlandian recruit this perk will give your vlandian recruits 20xp daily. Actually giving xp to only 1-2-3 tier troops is not so logical. We have 5 tiers and xp gains of only 1-2-3-4 tiers make sense because 5th tier is not levelling up. So I will change this perk to giving 4 xp to only 1-2 tiers or you can select other perk 2 xp to all troops per day. This means if you have 30 tier-1 troops in your party this perk will give your troops 120 xps a day. I think it is not a small number. By this every 3 days one of your tier-1 troops will level up even you do not enter any battle. If this is not enough for you, you can use mods or make cheats because having OP perks is something like cheat imo.
    Thank you for the response, but frankly grinding most of your T2s and T3s from fighting looters is ridiculous. We need a system that allows for active training of units without putting them in direct danger. Have it cost money, time, what ever else I don't care. A training camp system is desperately needed.
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

That isn't even the part of the game he works on though :smile:. I am just saying, it's OK to be annoyed with how the overall development process is going, but you are barking at the wrong tree. He is not the one calling the shots. And it is not part of his job to be here and talk to us, he does it because he wants to, and I think it is beneficial to the community. Let's not sour that.
    This isn't a matter of shooting the messenger, he's the one directly advocating for this to be nerfed.
    I checked raise the meek and it is working right currently and giving xp to only 1-3 tiers but I think amount is too high. Its only a perk it should not upgrade even 25% of your troops, maybe 5-10% can be upgraded by this perk and still 90-95% should be upgraded after battles. It's effect should reduced by 50% at least with others.
    It's absolutely ridiculous that he thinks 95% of your units should upgrade from fighting battles (more realistically, farming looters) and that hard nerfing XP perks is a good idea.
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

You realize that this is not helping anyone right? Mexxico is not singlehandedly responsible for everything that is wrong with the game, and actually spends time talking to people in the forum and trying to figure things out together with the players.
    Trying to figure things out together is not the same as reducing the effects of perks that were well received by players to 20% of their current effects. It's a case of fixing problems that don't need to be fixed and actively make the game worse while players wait for the bandaid that may or may not come. They ended up putting a 20 day truce back in anyways if you want to look at a precedent of how well this development policy works.
  11. Troops xp gain before the last hotfix was just right

Tier 3 should be the most common units in an army. I think raise the meek should be powerful, but the other perk not so much. Passive training troops up to T3 then getting battle hardened veterans at T4/5/6 is how it should work
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

If you have tier-1 soldier group consist of 10 men you were getting 30xp in old calculation. Now you get 2xp per soldier means that in total you get 20xp for your tier-1 group. So xp gains did not changed much for tier-1 groups. If you have 20 men in one group you get 40xp for that group which is more than previous implementation. Any one perk does not supposed to train your troops by itself only. We have hundreds of perks and any of them cannot be so powerfull. You will also go into battles time to time if you have this perk probably about 15% xp gains will applied by this perk to your 1-2-3 tier soldiers and 85% will gained by battles. We cannot make effect of one perk equal to battle rewards.

These perks are only side effect. We will add more. If you collect several of them you can upgrade your soldiers easily without battles.
    I'm sure you will make this nerf after the other perks have been implemented and not give us a **** show like the 25 day truce thing again right? Or have you learned nothing from that?
  13. 1.4.1's Broken Diplomacy - and what we can learn from it

I'd rather have the Khuzait trait affect only the cavalry bonus (something like 30% extra speed if an entire army is mounted) rather than giving a straight 10% buff to the entire party if a single horse exists.
  14. SP - Scenes Workshops

I feel like steward is too strong of a skill already and another incentive isn't needed to level it. Tying it to the trade skill would be nice, or give players the ability to assign a companion for workshops over the limit.
  15. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Kingdoms seem to put every policy to the vote when you as a mercenary open the kingdom page. Before this none of the policies are implemented. I preferred the old way where policies occurred organically throughout the years even if it wasn't realistic. Also, mercenaries can propose peace through the kingdom diplomacy screen still and lose 100 influence for doing so, putting their income to the negatives. Peace will never be accepted of course.
Back
Top Bottom