Recent content by Ironlion45

1. Ironlion45

Resolved Can't play Mu'Tere with Noble Ladies

Seeing this exact issue again on 1.6.4e beta.
  2. Ironlion45

Resolved Board game broken: Mu Torere - player can't make move to center with any token

Any update on the fix for this? I've had this bug since around february.
  3. Ironlion45

Resolved Game stops responding during the battle

Seeing occasional freezes during big battles in similar fashion. It seems like it might be related to reinforcements popping in.
  4. Ironlion45

[Main quest]Don't get the third Dragon Banner pieces

Yeah can confirm this bug, last save was way to far behind to reload, hopefully it'll get hotfixed :party:
    For the record it did
  5. Ironlion45

then you go into the console and enter storymode. and select the one about starting kingdom quests. Then just cancel whichever quests you don't want to do. (choose one). Spoilers, but basically that just relates to who you brought the banner to, and whether you chose to start your own faction, or create a new one (either pro or anti imperial).
  6. Ironlion45

Install that mod, and check out the commands recently added:

- Developer Console is now enabled by pressing the CTRL and ~ (tilde) keys together in-game.
    - Added campaign.list_active_quests command.
    - Added campaign.cancel_active_quest command.
    - Added campaign.complete_active_quest command.
    Tip: you can just use part of the quest name in these command

So if you have a broken save where the bandit camp vanished, just use that command to complete the "Find another piece" quest. A workaround that hopefully will...erm...work?
  7. Ironlion45

Resolved Dragon Banner quest stuck at 2/3

If you have a save from before you finished meeting all nobles you can use the console mod to retry getting the banner pieces.
    I used the command storymode.complete_banner_investigation

Using that Nexus mod, there is the command campaign.list_active_quests and campaign.complete_active_quest that you can use to solve this. if you have a broken save, just raid the bandit camp, execute the command, and "pretend" that it all worked normally.
  8. Ironlion45

Sea Raider Hideout - Infinite Loading Screen.

Yeah, I'm running across this issue too.
  9. Ironlion45

Getting rid of prefixes for heroes

Late fix, but also specific to this mod: going into camp, and exporting the character...then you can change the name (in the file, not the filename) to whatever you like, then import it back in.  As long as the filename matches what's expected, you'll change their name.

If anything, it wouldn't hurt to just correct the speling to "Palatinus", if that's what is intended... I have no earthly idea what Palantinus is supposed to mean, either. 
  10. Ironlion45

Battle strategy - duels

Makememove said:
    Thanks, Computica. Mh maybe I change my tactics to the old Aden Cavalry Attack till then :wink:

Hey, Swadians were doing heavy cavalry first :grin:
  11. Ironlion45

The Mod History Page (Part 1) 12/14/2011: "Winter Shade"

Most of them aren't too imbalanced; I guess some of the two-handers could use a bit of tweaking too; some might think the javelins are overpowered, but I always thought they were heavily under-powered in vanilla, so I don't have an issue there  :mrgreen:

The main area where balancing was needed was firearms imo.
  12. Ironlion45

The companions I'm making

Well, I'd really hope that there would be faction-specific companions, whose stories would also tell you about the culture of the factions they came from;  I'd also like to see maybe one or two old friends from native companions return, as well.  They could update you on the history of events since the last update. 
  13. Ironlion45

The companions I'm making

You know, with such a big world, Maybe there ought to be more than 16.  :wink:

BTW, adding extra code for companions is well and good, but I do remain skeptical on whether that's going to be the best implementation of companions; remember that Mount & Blade's main appeal is the sandbox nature of it, the more you script in, the fewer options that players have; and that will be detrimental to the mod.
  14. Ironlion45

The Mod History Page (Part 1) 12/14/2011: "Winter Shade"

You asked for feedback on what was great about the mod specifially;  So I thought I'd give you an objective opinion. 

I haven't played any prior version to 3.92, and I didn't try your mod back in the old M&B days either...though looking at it I wish I had taken a closer look.  So my feedback is based on outside perspective, which might be a useful perspective to you since you want to get more people playing your mod. 

The Good: 

• The map is pretty good; the layout is fun and interesting, with lots of variety and different elevations.  I love that this map is freaking huge; It always was kind of dissapointing in Warband, that there were only X number of cities that you could have (And he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer...).  Here, You can have 20 vassals and give them each a city, a castle and all their respective villages! You can actually 'explore' this map.  Some of the textures, however, make it a little bit hard to 'read' this map up close.
    • The items.  This mod adds a ton of items, really an insane variety.  This is a good thing.  That said, I can't help but observe that most of these items that are added are of the 'uber' variety.  Also, some of the balancing is slightly odd in some cases, with price-performance of new items 'clashing' a little with the vanilla items that have been left in.

-The factions- I like the fleshed-out cultures, they have a heck of a lot more life to them than those seen in many other mods, and definitely more than the basic Warband.  They give the world some life and intrigue

• Integration with Diplomacy  (essential mod!).  Though I'd quite like to see you updating this to the latest version of diplomacy at some point.  Of particular importance here is a feature of diplomacy that lets you 'choose' your faction culture; and to disable that unpleasant horse-damage-speed 'feature'.  I'm not sure I like conquered cities switching to your 'native' culture automatically, I'd like the option to leave the villages spawning their original recruits too.
    • Random events- these are pretty cool.
    • New construction projects, etc.  Wow, finally my engineer is good for something other than the odd siege tower.  And these projects really affect the way your center works.
    • Religions are a great concept, particularly how they come with custom faith troops and improvements for villages; I also like the challenge that religion gives to owning a kingdom- now you have to  worry about your subjects hating you because you are a heathen.
    • Reinforcements!  Villages automatically sending troops to fortifications.  Love it, 'nuff said.
    • recruiting many mercenaries in pubs.
    • recruiting peasants in pubs.
    • Nobles and Battalions.  This is the stuff that separates the men from the boys, as mods go.  Though perhaps it bypasses the 'feudal lords' dynamic of the game, it does simulate sub-barons who are subject to you- This should be extended out to also include vassals of the kingdoms with their own sub-vassals.    In real feudal societies, often Counts (or Earls, Jarls, etc.)  Would have barons or baronets or even hereditary landed knights who were sort of 'sub-vassals' under their command; this adds extra realism to have an extra layer in the organizational chart.
    • The Imperials!  Man, these guys are great.  I know they're the 'bad guys', but really they're not bad guys!  I like them.  I don't want to see them go, and in fact I'd like to have the option of helping 'restore' the empire, and quite possibly also allow the character to be 'from' this faction as well, so he can make himself his own empire in The Empire's image. 

The not-good:

• Well, the lag.  I know, there's little you can do about it.  Nonetheless, it's bad, it's unpleasant, and is perhaps one of the most noticeable rough spots for this mod.  Even if there's not much of a way around it without seriously scaling down the map, It's a problem and it's going to turn people away.
    • Demands on the system- a lot of M&B players aren't running an uber-modern system.  This mod loads a ridiculous number of textures and models into memory.  I really don't see someone running this well on a lower-end system.  This part is easy to fix, and you've already got some of this implemented in 3,92.  You just provide an install package that is specifically designed for lower-end systems, with lower-res textures, possibly also fewer of them, and lower-poly models, etc.
    • Some of the textures and models are...strange.  One that specifically comes to mind is 'ornate armor'.  This may have looked better years ago in M&B, back with it was low-res and the graphics were extremely basic (it's almost hard to remember those days...fighting the black knights, walking around Zendar...).  But they really look weird in Warband's engine.  also the specks on dull armor remind me of the awful  blocky shaders in Skyrim.  Overall I love many of the new textures though, don't get me wrong.  Of partucular note is the 'ornate iron crown' or whatever.  Perfect helmet for a high king.
    • Some balances here and there.  A few troops seem ridiculously overpowered, a few less so.  For one, Aden's heavy cavalry basically is the ticket to victory almost any time.  While cheaper than Swadian Knights, they are also about as well-armored and make horrifyingly effective shock troops for a blitzkrieg attack.  They're backed by cheap and crappy units, but you don't need them.  Basically- heavy cavalry is the toughest thing in the game.  An army of elite heavy cavalry can roll across the continent like Alexander the Great.  I think a good foil to this would maybe to significantly increase the pay-grade for mounted troops. 
    • Guns.  While the guns and their models are great, they are implemented poorly.  There should me more of a scale from the crappy to the good guns; even the top-tier guns as implemented are useless.  They need to be faster, and do just a little bit more damage.  Now I can understand not wanting them to become overpowered, they need to at least be a little powered.  Upping the speed a bit for all weapons, and the damage  on the pistols makes them much better and actually useful-while not overpowering bows, crossbows, and javelins. 

Also, hand cannons should be the worst and cheapest firearms, period; an arquebusse should be quite innaccurate and slow to load, but the damage it does when it hits should be pretty nasty. 

I've experimented with re-balancing the firearms in this mod and I've tweaked it about as such:  For muskets, the mid-range musket should have a speed of about 30; it should do a base damage of ~65.  Then the cheap ones go down to a speed of 29, and a damage of maybe 50 .  Accuracy will also vary a bit, but should never be lower than 80 for the worst musket (otherwise, why even get one?).  Carbines should be between pistols and muskets, or perhaps "rifles for cavalry", as god intended them to be.  An average speed of about 40, with the slowest going down to 35 or so and the best going up to 45.  Damage should be only slightly lower than comparable long-guns.  Accuracy should average 75, with the very best maybe being close to 80, and the worst being about as good as a good pistol. Pistols should have a base speed of 50, and going up as high as 60 for a flintlock (except for the double-barrel, which should go to a speed of about 47).  Damage should be lower, but still useful (at the moment they do maybe 10 damage against medium armor :p)  maybe an average pistol doing 50 damage, with the weak puffer pistols going as low as 48 (for non bent/cracked), and the fine wheellocks doing 55 or even better.  Accuracy for pistils is pretty good- from 50 to 60, maybe 65-70 for the finest long-barreled flintlock.  Pistols are supposed to be very personal weapons, you really should need to go right up to within 15 meters or so to be effective.

My complaints are few, and my praise is long for this mod.  I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing it develop.  Also, if there's anything I can do to give you a hand, don't be afraid to let me know; shoot me a pm or something. 
  15. Ironlion45

Anti-Cheat System

It's a clever idea, but I'm a bit unsure whether or not it really makes that much difference...

The only effect this option has had on my gameplay is that I no longer win 100% of tournaments; sometimes you just get unlucky and now I have to live with that.

BTW, I was more or less astonished at how much money one can win at the tournaments.  I was going to comment that I thought it was a bit excessive.  Until I managed to spend the 300k Denars I saved up from tournament winnings on just a couple suits of armor for my companions and myself...
Back
Top Bottom