Recent content by irish09

1. Resolved General 1.6.5 Endless freeze on campaign map

We have resolved the issue however this definitely still needs attention from Talesworld.

In 1.6.5, a great deal of changes were made to tournaments. Let's take a look at some of these changes.
    Tournaments are now auto-simulated after 15 days without player interaction.
    Non-hero troop distribution has been changed to around 40% Tier 3 troops, 40% Tier 4 troops and 20% Tier 5 troops in both tournaments and practice fights.
    If there aren’t enough troops to hold this condition in the garrison, the remaining slots are filled with random Tier 3-5 troops.
    Prior to 1.6.5, it was not a problem to have a culture with troops that only go up to tier one or two. However since 1.6.5, it is necessary for all cultures that own a settlement to go up to tier three (maybe five?) or else this will create a deadloop in the code, the same as the one detailed below by our head programmer.

When a tournament is going to start, the game will try to gather 16 participants. It searches from garrisons and heroes in the town first. If these aren't enough, the game will try to place some upgraded troops of the basic troop of the culture of the town. When my game froze, it was trapped in a dead-loop for gathering participants in Underground Geyser Center, where the culture is Youkai. The basic troop of Youkai is youkai_recruit, who has no upgraded troops.
    At the very least this requires a hazard warning, because this potentially affects every culture's custom troop trees and it's very difficult to locate this error. Our modding team, which has around 6 active programmers, and the Old Realm's, which must have a decent number of programmers as well, were unable to locate this bug for months. I can easily see other development teams encountering this issue as they come further along in the development of their mod. Thank you for listening :smile:
  2. Resolved Atmosphere Editor Editor is not WYSIWYG for custom worldmaps

Agreed. I'm working on a mod and it's extremely difficult to get the colors of the main map to be as-desired due to my inability to properly view them (outside of loading the game) or to see them in the editor. Would +1 any solution to this issue.
  3. Resolved General 1.6.5 Endless freeze on campaign map

Ever since updating from 1.6.2 to 1.6.5, our modded main map has started having a freezing issue. After playing for a seemingly random amount of time in sandbox or campaign mode (anywhere from 3 seconds to over 10 minutes), the game will permanently freeze. We're not 100% sure if it's permanent...
Back
Top Bottom