Recent content by Inukshuk

1. Inukshuk

How to stop a gate troll

This is sort of all beside the point. I was just suggesting this might work in situations when there's a gate troll, no team damage and no kick polls. Wasn't really about specific people or servers or other problems.

This might be a useful tip to bear in mind since the WESTre server, being very popular, is not going to be without it's trolls, and if there don't happen to be admins around at a certain time (not sure how frequent that may be) then this looks like the way to stop a gate troll.
  2. Inukshuk

How to stop a gate troll

Hi, really quick post 'cos there's quiz shows on telly. I play as 'Ludwig' on WFaS multiplyaer. On the Westres siege we had a real gate troll just now - 'WhiteSilver_OTTOMAN_TR' or something. Anyway, he was constantly opening the gate and since on this sever you can't poll to kick people and...
  3. Inukshuk

Fencing in Fire & Sword - suggestion to make it profitable

I'm afraid I haven't the time to read this entire thread, but I just want to throw my opinion in and you can do what you like with it.

I rather loathe the melee system in this game, and I think it DOES have problems because Warband is great fun in a fight with the same weapons. Specifically, I like to fence with a one handed weapon, which is what I invariably use in Warband. My reasons in order of importance, highest to lowest: 1) Fast weapon speed. 2) Weighs less. 3) Makes me feel like a pirate.

I went into WFaS thinking the same thing, and so always chose a 1 handed sword. And I'm finding it way too difficult against people who like to swing pole axes in any old direction. Now before people say "You're not doing it right!" I became fairly proficient in Warband through lots of practice, and while I'm definitely not the best, I'm decent. To put it another way, in fights against opponents with 2 handed weapons, I'd win over 50% of the time. Maybe over 60%, but I wouldn't say as much as 3 out of 4 fights. But in WFaS, I probably lose about 90% of the time. It doesn't help that when I can successfully keep blocking long enough to earn opportunities for a hit, they just won't die (I think I estimated at least 8 hits once), and yet when they inevitably hit me, since few people can keep a stream of successful blocks up forever, it's an instant kill.

But the main problem is that I can't distinguish between the speeds of the weapons. Yes, they have different stats, but the difference isn't enough, and it looks as though most people agree with me here. However, I can't notice a difference in speed between 2 handed weapons in Warband and WFaS, but it does feel like my 1 handed sword is so much slower and more unresponsive. Sometimes a guy with a pole axe even manages to hit me before I can finish priming the block - and again, before you say I have awful reaction speed, I do well in Warband. I don't know if that's all to do with the game though; I'd love to know what combat speeds the servers are set too. Basically, a 1 handed sword just seems too slow.

But the way I see it, all you have to do is make the melee system just like Warband, and we're laughing. After all, there aren't nearly as many complaints about Warband as there are for WFaS. And I agree with people on here in the earlier pages; that you could get further with skill in Warband.
  4. Inukshuk

play

Load the game. On the menu screen, click 'Multiplayer'. Then you want to click the 'Join server' button on the right hand side of the screen. You'll see a list of servers pop up in a table that, for each server, shows the game mode, the map, the number of players and so on. Find one you like the look of, click on it to select it, and click the button in the bottom right corner, which I think says 'join' or 'connect'. Alternatively, I think you can just double click the server in the table. Then you just sit back as it connects to the server, and in a few seconds you'll be in the game. Hope that helps.
  5. Inukshuk

Brains!

I'd half suspected that, and if that is the case, then really they ought to just change that server to team death match. However, I don't think these people are being very clever for reasons like the situation at the gate I described in my previous post. Or the fact that they seem to think standing in the open taking pot shots at a heavily fortified enemy is going to go well. Regardless, anybody who does want to try and complete the objective is going to be in for a frustrating time and a high death count. That's why they ought to just change it to TDM, and treat it as serving the majority (since the majority of people play that way). If it's exciting combat they want, I'd have thought TDM would have been the natural choice. I'd be interested to see whether the conjecture at the end of your post turns out to be true, though. I hope it will.
  6. Inukshuk

EU siege servers conexion issues.

There were some problems that wouldn't have been to do with you - too many people with high pings connecting or something. I have an even lower ping than yours typically, and I was having the same trouble. However now, it seems to be fixed. Although I will say that I looked at some of the other servers while it was happening, like the captain co-op ones, and I found they were much more fun to play  since the siege server is full of morons who think it's team death match. You should probably give those a try if you haven't already.
  7. Inukshuk

Brains!

Yeah, that much is already known. I'm just saying that highly populated siege servers would be much more fun if people knew how to play. Was on one just now. We were attacking and the enemy kept opening and closing the castle entrance for some reason. It was the nomad camp map or something, the one with the big breakable double doors. Everytime they opened one, I was able to rush through it and open the other straight away. Everytime I died (nor more than two seconds later) I looked round and the rest of my team were just strafing about outside the doors. Nobody would follow me in. What's more, there were probably enough of us to take them, or at least hold the gates until reinforcements came. Had to leave in the end, since it just wasn't fun and I couldn't get through to anybody. Absolutely insane. :sad:
  8. Inukshuk

Brains!

Hi. It's hard not to make this sound like a moan, and it probably will, but it's not really meant as such. So anyway: I've been playing on the multiplayer servers and many times it's been good fun, notably on battle mode, or a siege server with only 20 or so people on. But it seems that on the...
  9. Inukshuk

Suddenly, massive pings on most servers.

Hi. I recently got a new laptop, and installed Warband. It's been working fine for a few days, then yesterday, I joined a server and noticed that my ping was over 600 and I kept dropping out. When I looked at the server list, I saw that only about one or two had 2 digit pings, while half the...
  10. Inukshuk

MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

I'll have a think and try some sketches. I presume you're going more for atmosphere than an attention-getting feature; something that won't distract, but blends nicely in the background. I'll see...
  11. Inukshuk

MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

There's super work going on here. Great uniforms as always, Dain, and vlad, those look stunning.

With regards to the soundtrack, I have been considering writing some things and getting in contact with you once I have a few ideas sketched out, but since the point has just been raised, I'll make a move now. I'm a composer-in-learning, as it were, but boy am I learning a lot at the moment (A Level music at school helps). I was considering some music with a classical orchestra (the likes of which is used by Mozart and Beethoven, if you're familiar with any of their stuff), and should hopefully work nicely since it fits the period in which the mod is set; classical to early romantic. Youtube Beethoven's 'Egmont Overture' to see and hear the kind of thing I'm thinking of.

I would like to make it clear that I am studying for my A levels at the moment, and like you, Dain, with your degree, time is not always excessive. Furthermore, I am somewhat of a perfectionist, which means the longer the amount of time I have, the better. As and when I can sketch out some ideas I'll try and upload them as MP3s to a fliesharing site, and you can have a listen and see what you think. I don't know how they'll turn out, since it is rather a new field of creativity for me, but I'll try my darndest and see what I can come up with. And of course, if you don't think it'll work, just say (and I'll almost certainly agree). I was playing around with some harmony work this evening using some things I picked up from a one-on-one lesson with my music teacher recently. I was rather encouraged, and if I can develop what I've picked up, I should hopefully be able to produce some satisfying work.
  12. Inukshuk

On that note, Dain, I hope your exams are going well! I've got the bulk of mine next week.  :mad:
  13. Inukshuk

Ealdormann Hussey said:
    Arg... Pressed remove not modify...

Dain Ironfoot said:
    Yup, I'm with Exeter.

How are you finding it? If I can get the Navy bursary I'll be choosing between Oxford (I have the three A's required, still a fairly long shot though I guess), Exeter and Bristol. I' appreciate your views on Exeter.

What degree are you doing? I'm thinking about putting in an Oxbridge aplication when it's my turn in a year or so. It would be a long shot, of course, but there's no sense in not trying.

OT: Dain, be sure to post some screenies when you finish those Portugese uniforms!  :grin:
  14. Inukshuk

SP Musket Era New Mod "Napoleon Ways To The Power"[CAncelled to further Notices]

Which is unexcusable, on an English forum.

Rofl! It's "Inexcusable". How ironic... :lol:
  15. Inukshuk

I'll try to get ingame and take a new vid if I can pull myself away from E:TW for long enough.

Ahh, you've been hooked too?  :roll:
Back
Top Bottom