Recent content by int19h

1. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

C# Scripting, No Relation, and Petty Kingdoms mods have been tested on 1.0.3 and 1.1.0 beta.
  2. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

C# Scripting, No Relation, and Petty Kingdoms mods have all been updated for Bannerlord 1.8.0 release.
  3. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

A new day, a new mod! Here comes Petty Kingdoms, for 1.8.0 beta only so far:

4. SP Native Petty Kingdoms

Petty Kingdoms THIS MOD IS TESTED TO WORK WITH BANNERLORD 1.8.0 BETA ONLY! Download Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4137 GitHub: https://github.com/int19h/Bannerlord.PettyKingdoms Description Calradia was a patchwork of small city-states before great conquerors...
  5. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

C# Scripting is tested to work with 1.7.2 final. However, it is known to be broken in Bannerlord 1.8.0 beta.

No Relation now has two versions: the old one that supports up to 1.7.2 inclusive, and a newer one (GitHub only currently, not on NexusMods) that supports 1.8.0+ only.
  6. Is the dynasty mechanic wasted feature and is it also the reason fast paced combat agenda pushed by TW?

It's one of my favorite features in the game, and most of my playthroughs see at least one generational change, and often two or more. My favorite long-term playthrough is to start with a pure merchant character who basically just accumulates money and levels trade, without getting involved in any factions (and thus staying out of wars), until they can buy fiefs. All that money then goes into establishing a foothold for a new kingdom, and children are raised with more military-minded training so that they can wage war effectively once they're in charge. The next generation then starts their world conquest with a solid power base of happy well-developed cities producing a steady supply of gold, and lots of trained troops - but without any strained relations with other lords.

That said, I also spend an inordinate amount of time micro-managing the clan. Marriages are carefully arranged to forge connections with influential families, but also to ensure the right mix of cultures (since babies inherit mother's culture) for future governors. Family members are rotated (or not) between governor and field duty to min-max the desired skills.
  7. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

Yep. The user-visible name is "C# Scripting", actually - it's what shows up in the mod list in launcher. "CSharp Scripting" is what it's called on NexusMods - if I remember correctly, it's because it didn't allow me to use # in the name there.
  8. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

New year, new beta! C# Scripting and No Relation seem to be working fine on 1.7.1.
  9. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

C# Scripting and No Relation are both tested to be working on 1.7.0 beta.
  10. Lord defections still make no sense

Oh, there's plenty of war! Those fief-less kingdom will basically declare war on you as soon as possible, and will maintain it for a very long time (there seems to be a different bug at play here where, even though they get hammered hard, peace tribute calculation still favors them for some reason). So most of the time there's war, and enemy parties for my lords to fight, just no fiefs to target.

I looked at the code for this calculation, but it's rather convoluted. Seems to boil down to "value" of the given clan to either kingdom, but it also seems like there's basically a non-zero random chance to defect once you get past some (too small?) threshold.
  11. Lord defections still make no sense

Given that the resulting pattern on the map is very clearly along cultural lines, I think that cultural preferences must have something to do with this. I might flip all the governors' culture to imperial and see what happens then. Although even so, the security concerns of switching should largely override that IMO (one thing that the map above doesn't clearly show is all the fiefs that have defected but then besieged and taken by my kingdom's lords - but there are quite a few).

I suspect that, fundamentally, the issue is that every day, the model calculates some score internally to determine the desire to secede, and then does a random draw. Which means that, even if the desire is very low, so long as it's non-zero, a daily check will pass eventually and defection will happen. It should only be possible if it crosses some critical threshold first. And furthermore, as with fiefs themselves rebelling, there should be a clear indication that said theshold is being approached, so that the ruler can actually do something about it.
  12. Fun things to do in/after late game?

I did a couple of playthroughs with an Aserai merchant character who basically does not interfere into kingdom politics at all, just making money and grinding Trade until I can buy fiefs. Then I buy them from the other kingdoms, one by one, until I take over the entire map. Obviously, the more you have, the faster you can afford the next one, but there's also some room for strategy here - fiefs that have just been besieged, or better yet looted, or generally frontline ones with villages that are constantly raided, can be relatively cheap. And, since I'm not involved in any wars, they recover pretty fast.

The amusing part about it is that you can be a single clan - not a kingdom, even - and yet fully control the map. Not only that, but AI kingdoms don't declare war on you if you're not a kingdom yourself, so you don't ever have to fight one; only skeleton garrisons are necessary to boost Security, and all the money this saves can be invested into the fiefs and caravans (which are also a lot more profitable when they're not molested by enemy lords). Similarly, all the XP clan members earn can be invested into Trade, Steward, Charm, Smithing etc, without even bothering with any combat-related attributes and skills, since the most dangerous enemies you'll be facing are bandits and deserters.

In the other playthrough, I only bought out the Aserai fiefs, and declared my own kingdom in its place. Then got all the Aserai clans except for the ruling one to join mine, using their own former fiefs as enticement. So, effectively taking over the Aserai kingdom from within as an oligarch of sorts. Of course, at that point, other kingdoms start declaring war at you etc - but it all takes long enough that you have kids all grown up by then. And for those kids, you can dump all their XP into combat- and army-related skills, and they also get the best weapons and armor money can buy from the get go, and crafted uber-items where applicable. Thus, your kingdom eventually gets a new ruler that can effectively expand it by the sword, and a bunch of martial nobles for that ruler to form the core of their army. From there it's straight-up conquest.
  13. Lord defections still make no sense

Even in the most recent beta patch. I did an experiment with scripts recently to amuse myself - took all the fiefs for my own clan, created a kingdom, hired many companions, and created new clans with them, one for each fief. All fiefs were fully upgraded before granting them, too, and all towns...
  14. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

Yep! In fact, it works fine on any stable or beta version from 1.5.7 on up to and including 1.6.5 beta.
  15. SP MP [Bannerlord] Mods List (updated 17/04/24)

Oh, one other thing - the No Relation mod supports up to 1.6.5 now (ironically, without any changes since publishing itk).
Back
Top Bottom