Recent content by immortalfrieza

1. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Mod for OG Mount and Blade:

Is there or could there be a mod that makes tax collection for any fiefs the player owns instantly collected each week, like Warband allows for by default? One that applies regardless of the mod you're using, more or less? There's a lot of really nice mods for original Mount and Blade but lacking this one thing in particular kinda spoils the enjoyment.
  2. B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

TLD items txt file can be opened and be worked on by the old Item Editor for the original M&B. :grin:
    Thanks. I'm still testing it but it seems to have worked. Now I should be able to remove that animation from any mods that have it.
  3. B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

Well, just do it as explained only the other way around ^^
    Tried it. The game crashes after altering the actions.txt and opening the item_kinds1.txt with Morgh's WB/WFAS editor shows it as empty.
  4. B Tutorial Other Adding things such as overhead stab, crouching, extra formations options.

Hello.

Could I get step by step instructions on how to remove the overhead stab animation from mods? I'm currently playing the Last Days of The Third Age mod for Warband and I don't like the overhead stab, I prefer the overhead bash that the native game uses for spears.
  5. Can't scavenge points of interest anymore

Hopefully someone is around that can help figure out what is causing this issue and how to fix it, if there is one. Apparently after going to somewhere about 2 or 3 dozen points of interest, scavenging them, and then turning the resources I got in mostly for troops I suddenly lost the ability to...
  6. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

I'd love a Terminator based mod, something heavily firearm focused akin to The Reckoning with Futuristic weapons. The story would be a post Skynet war world, where humans have settled down and started to rebuild while the Machines now leaderless have hidden themselves in the more inhospitable portions of the world. Both have splintered into factions and are frequently fighting against each other.

Naturally, the player could choose to play as a human or a terminator, with significantly different mechanics for each. I'd leave it to the modder to figure out some other mechanics (I want the two to end up very different in the end so they're both worth playing as) but one thing that comes to mind is equipment. While humans start out the much weaker of the two and are overall more fragile they have access to a much wider range of armors that'll boost them up to the Terminator's level provided they have enough money. On the other hand Terminators start out stronger statistically and are able to take and block more damage, they have cosmetic slots that just change their general appearance such as wearing a leather jacket and jeans but don't improve them statistically. Terminators have to salvage from battles with enemy Terminators better body parts which are almost always heavily damaged and thus only very marginally better than what they start with. Either that or by increasing their level and crafting skills find the materials, blueprints, and tools to make better and better body parts in a much slower progression that likely would take the player all over the map.
  7. Overhead Spear Thrust animation remove?

awkwarrd said:
    Whats animations you speak of?
    Got a gif or something to see the diff?
    Well, this is one handed but the best I could find, it's the same animation more or less that the spear uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u7jG8Q-cgI

As for the native animation I can't really find one. The native animation for the forward spear attack is raising it over the head and smashing it downward rather than stabbing it. Basically like this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/cC9o8zipE5lZIKW9LQ/giphy.gif

...which I greatly prefer, not only because it's a blunt attack but because it's easier to use effectively.
  8. Overhead Spear Thrust animation remove?

First time using this mod and I say it's pretty good. However, as a polearm user in all Mount and Blade I don't like the overhead thrusting animation that this mod uses, I much prefer the overhead smash that native has. Is there any options in the game, installation, modding, whatever to...
  9. Suggestion: Custom Player Troop Tree

Balexander said:
    that Topic was already discussed, there wont be custom troops for player in native but Mods will do the Job
    Sad to hear it, it means that custom troop trees won't be built into the system and thus work with all mods whether they be small time or total conversions. I hope Bannerlord being built more for modding means that whoever makes a mod like this doesn't need to wrangle make it work with 50 different mods, like with the custom troop tree mod Warband has.
  10. Suggestion: Custom Player Troop Tree

DtheHun said:
    I think, balancing is the main obstacle. Cost is not a real problem in endgame. Devs buff and nerf troops manually - from now on not just with abilities and equipement stats, but class related variables - to make the game enjoyable with different playstyles, but no one will have a personal developer to make that for his custom troops, so it would lead to exploiting the system, spread of perfect troop builds and overally a monochrome and less challenging gameplay.
    By the endgame balance isn't really an issue. By then the player has probably got money somewhere in the area of a couple hundred thousand at least, stats out the wazoo, equipment that lets them wade through an army knocking them all down without hardly taking a scratch, and the most effective infantry, archers, and cavalry that exist, custom troop trees or no. I doubt being able to make literally any kind of troop trees they could want would make the player unbalance the game any more than it already is, by that point they SHOULD be overpowered. The point of the costs and penalties isn't to balance for endgame but to ensure they wouldn't be able to make OPed murderbeasts from the word jump, or even for a long long time into the game.

As for builds and playstyles, having a custom troop tree wouldn't really change things from what we've got already with the previous M&B games. We've already got the ability to recruit whatever troops we want from whatever kingdoms we want, that leads to the player just cherrypicking ones to get the perfect line of troops available, ultimately being the same thing in the end. All a custom troop tree does is give the player yet another avenue to make their perfect line of troops, with a massive amount of options. The point of the system as I described it is to allow the player to be able to be that personal developer themselves, to make the troop trees they want to. If that leads to exploitation of the system and perfect troop builds so be it. At least those who picked up the game day 1 or don't look up "best X evar" guides for everything will have the enjoyment of figuring it out and those that do would do the same thing with the standard troops if we don't anyway.
  11. Suggestion: Bounty Hunters and Bounty Hunting

Rungsted93 said:
    DtheHun said:
    Assassins worked like that in Warband. If you had stepped on someone's toes, they could turn up in any town for you. It spiced up the early game, but they didn't mean real danger later for a player in heavy armor. However, I think similar "one/few agains many" ambushes - with developing enemies - would work better than map encounters, because bounty hunter parties couldn't compete with the player's growing army for long.

Agreed, also late game lets assume the player is perhaps one of the most famous warriors in the whole world and earns several fiefs. How many bounty hunters would basically want to even try attack someone like that?
    Either the really stupid, green, and overconfident ones looking to make a name for themselves and get way over their head, or the really really REALLY good ones that can either take on a small army solo and/or have a large army of their own behind them. You could throw that the caliber of bounty hunters coming after the player goes up while the frequency of attempts decreases as your renown goes up and if you're bounty hunting yourself the target might even give up outright instead of fighting you if you've proven yourself to be a good enough warrior.

In any case, I'd say this is intended as more of a early to mid, maybe mid to early late game (if that makes sense) kind of challenge at the most. Let's face it, chances are by the late game the player is probably going to easily slaughter anything the game could throw at them with an OPed PC and soldiers. Trying to keep up the challenge for something like this is pretty pointless at that point. By that point the player would probably be annoyed with having to deal with bounty hunters coming after them and no longer need crime to make money anyway, so they'd probably just pay off their debts and get down to finishing conquering Calradia.
  12. Suggestion: Bounty Hunters and Bounty Hunting

With the addition of the Crime and Punishment system, why not introduce Bounty Hunting into the mix? Both for the player to partake in and be a potential obstacle for them. If you smuggle a crate of illegal booze, murder a dozen guards, and soil yourself on the Battanian king Caladog's cat, then...
  13. Suggestion: Custom Player Troop Tree

One feature I'd like to see is the ability for the player to create their own troop tree. From my thinking this would start out as a base troop, one upgrade, then split off into 2, and each of those splitting off once, with a final upgrade after that. This way the player could create a tree with...
  14. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

This is for the standard Mount and Blade. I was playing the Solid and Shade mod the other day and noticed that I don't obtain taxes from fiefs I own automatically and have to go to each fief manually, only to find out that this was an addition to the system that Warband included but the original didn't have. Therefore I'd like to see a mod that adds this feature to to the basic Mount and Blade game as well regardless of the module the player is using.
  15. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

I want a mod that gives all Mount and Blade modules the ability to instantly collect all taxes from all properties the player owns rather than having to stop by at each personally, like how Warband can.
Back
Top Bottom