As Kalarhan said, VC is full of historical, mythological and cultural details of the time. From our experience of when we created the brytenwalda mod, we discovered that there are many players who enjoy these details as much as we do.
Alright so Ima make this as short as possible, the format will be a basic and direct question followed by a spoiler with more rambling and info. Obviously if you have an answer dont bother reading more of my jargon than is necessary.
1. Horns, is it possible to aquire one and do they have an affect on troops like the hornmen do?
Ive seen rumors of people saying that they have seen horns, but getting precise info on fringe topics for this game is very difficult, in part because of its major patching and of course the reforged edition, which changed a lot of stuff and thus the specifics of things like "can my character get a horn"
2. So I know there is info about this out there, but I have yet to see an admin or reliable source state what exactly the requirements are and what exactly the effects are of the various traits (Beserkr, Strong, Tough, and Inspiring... I think that's all of them) Any info on how to achieve and what they specifically do would be nice.
I recall in my first story line play through I had achieved a trait that made me bash my shield but I forgot it name and cannot recall any effect, also, which do you guys prefer for campaign effectiveness??
3. More on traits, there are more that can be acheived I am aware of that much, the special or minor traits I believe they are called, but again what are they, what do they do and how can one achieve them?
4. Troops, anyone know which Celtic culture has the best heavy assault infantry?
I can figure that the Britons have overall the better infantry, but is the true of sword wielding units? Are the 2H of Goideli and Pictish cultures too exposed for wall taking in seiges or are they just fine, basically just looking for a celtic troop that can take walls and work the flank on vikingr and anglo saxon shield walls. Gracias
5. What is the Elf's helm based off of?
Ive done alot of digging and cannot seem to get google to give me relevant search results on a kings stolen helmet in ancient britain..
6. Trade in Western half of map. What are the best trade routes and materials?
Ive had my fill of being a germanic (ew ew) aka viking (triple grody) in my storyline campaigns. The Frisia to Denmark, Denmark to Norway, Norway to Anglaland, and Angland back to start is a fantastic trade route to make about 10k-15k each run through, but are there any in Ireland/Cornubia/West Seaxe that are just as good that you can give me a tip on? I have yet to really play a lot in that part of the map and am about to start my exclusively Gaelic campaigns and I want a head start in KNAWLEDGE (and bookshelves ofc).
7. Are there any other ways to rank units up faster than the trainer at your refuge?
I don't necessarily mean with more spead, but simply alternatives to the refuge trainer. I actually enjoy to slow process of grinding down a large force of rabble to an elite force of experienced professional warriors, but is there any other way i.e. certain quests with huge exp dumps into party, certain bandits that are not OP and unstoppable but give decent exp for defeating etc.
I suppose that is it haha, thanks for any help in advance
1. Yes, it is possible get horns in game. Hormen have their own horns.
2 and 3. You have info in your ingame log.
4. You can check troop tree out (camp menu)
5. We talked about this in other thread, right?
6. Some players did guides about trade: http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/594820656452864401/
I am aware of 20% chance of conversation happening and relation requirements, I've set the chance to 80 and still they don't talk back to me. It's Day 244 already.
I've heard that there it was bugged or something in previous versions and fixed but not to me at seems.
Nobody reported bug here till where I know. You remember that camp conversation starts when you Wait, it is 20% and you need 20 or 40 relation (depend on companion). Some conversations need over 2 companions.