Recent content by icthulu

1. Why do 5 looters kill my men all of a sudden?

I liked it much better when looters couldn't kill, I hope the bug is restored, or at least give your army deathproof if you outnumber then 2 to 1 or more. Quite annoying having to manually resolve battles in your regions to improve prosperity late game or chance loosing a tier 5 troop you spent hours training.
  2. Please adjust respawn mechanics

I am grateful for the discussions here, it gave me an opportunity to hear other's prospective on the game's mechanics. I have to say that the Viking Conquest mod sounds far better than the current peasant spam, but I am curious about two things.

Why don't some of these steamrolled Fiefs revolt? I would think that would stop the inevitable Khuzait conquest, as the AI would need to stop their army and rebuild order in the newly conquered Fief? Which makes me wonder why being parked in my own Fief has no impact on loyalty.

The other is that the toll for attacking a Fief of any kind doesn't have a high enough death count for the attacker. If the game had a more clear cost to attack a Fief I think that would add value to the possession of the territory and stop large kingdoms from snowballing until late game when they really should be encouraged to do so.
  3. Fan made seige

Oh it's definitely not mine. I don't have any of this level of talent. My apologies to anyone for not making the share clear.
  4. Fan made seige

Thought you might like to share this on your site like you did the parody video. Really well done cinematics for your game! Mount&Blade 2 Bannerlord Massive 2000 Men Cinematic Siege Battle l Empire vs Battania Ultra Graphics
  5. Please adjust respawn mechanics

But when they do come back, it should be with a strong army. Its just not fun fighting these armies of crap tier troops.
    Yes, agreed. When they come back after a much longer delay than 1 day, I hope they have a substanative army.
  6. Please adjust respawn mechanics

I see one issue, the militia isn't effected by starvation. So their 297 militia never was effected by any modifiers.

@Lord Irontoe I don't agree, if those lords were destroyable permanently, I wouldn't mind, but they are like looters that just repawn each day no matter what you do. Having 30-40 on your border getting 1k free troops is not a great experience... for me anyways. Even if you kill them, their family member or friend just takes that spot so there's no real winning. Just a matter of bribing them so they stop bothering you directly.

Not sure if there's some endgame mechanic that cleans up these un-landed clans, but that would be helpful. In my game the western empire was down to 1 leader, but no idea how that happened, and that was altered by a couple dozen patches so probably a fluke.
  7. Please adjust respawn mechanics

I imagine the perks Raise the Meek and Combat Tips (first tier in Leadership) will be refactored to apply their daily XP to each troop instead of each stack. That will provide a similar experience to Warband for us as players. Whether the NPC lords need a bonus on top in the long term, we will find out as other systems are fleshed out and stabilised.

@icthulu 's observations about AI garrison strength are interesting, since that doesn't match the intended behaviour @mexxico states. Perhaps there's a bug.

Potentially, or I might be misinterpreting other actions like troop respawn as mentioned for the lords. Since they get 25% currently for free, it could be that they are deserting from lack of food then the system spawns in 25%?

If I would make a recommendation, I would rather a respawn of 0% and rebalance injuries to produce more troop deaths so that armies can't snowball as easily and retreat be a tactical strategy.
  8. Please adjust respawn mechanics

There are only 3 cheats currently :
    -npc lords are spawning with 25% of their part size is filled (this will decrease to 10% soon)
    -npc lords get extra small amount of xp to troops daily (starting with 1.3.0) to allow them have more elite troops otherwise they have 50% tier-1 troops
    -npc lords know your garrison sizes at your distant towns

There are no other cheats.
    Thanks Mexxico, you have a fantastic game and I can't wait to see this all balanced out.I look forward to future patches and rebalances.
  9. Please adjust respawn mechanics

Hi Hurza, while the 30-40 clan armies of 20 troops are annoying, my main issue is the city which is starving and losing 50 prosperity a day would get 500 troops from nowhere each day to restock the garrisons from my observations.

I was waiting outside after taking 3 fief to see a decrease in those defenses before building an army to siege the last holdout, but the AI was just outright cheating. I gave it a week hoping the foodstock and prosperity depletion would affect the garrison strength, but it just kept resetting over an over to indicate that there was no way the current programming would allow it.

If half of the 30+ armies ceased to exist because of the crippling of their power, that would make the free troop spawn tolerable, but combined, it's frustratingly unreasonable. While I do appreciate how much this company is spending effort to improve game performance, I would love if they would address some of the kindgom balance issues.
  10. Please adjust respawn mechanics

The last fief of the Kingdom and this is what they muster... They should be broke and all their armies deserting from starvation, but they constantly get an infusion of 500-1k troops per day. I sat here and watched for a week to see what the AI did. I love your game there is so much good here...
  11. AI Stealing Fiefs

For now I am setting this game aside until some changes are made to the Kingdom leadership AI. The battle combat is a lot of fun, and while I have some complaints about respawn rates for enemy armies, I figure this is something that will come along soon, but the latest couple hours of play have...
  12. Feedback from the front lines

As I help my Kingdom conquer their latest enemy I am coming across issues with trying to make a foothold into new lands. Luckily I stocked up on hundreds of units of multiple foods thinking that once again I would be the only one bringing food to a siege, which is nice for free inf. but seems...
Back
Top Bottom