Recent content by Icewood

1. Icewood

PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Thanks Cyprian2, that is exactly the plan.. Let me lay it out for everyone the timeline.

1. Finish my current project with another development team.
    2. Taleworlds has to complete their software development kit along with the map designer and release it.
    3. We must develop a project plan (design documents, lore documents, writing documents, art bible, coding manifesto and data dictionary) for POP.. added features, factions, artwork, banners etc.
    4. I have to obtain, install and learn C#. Then I have to learn what they did in Bannerlord and how their system works and understand if the designs from #3 can be done, or modified or dropped.
    5. I need to contact Taleworlds with a completed #3 and explore if this is a standalone product, dlc or something else.

This all has to be done before a single line of code is written, or any artwork is done or lore is implemented into the game, or music is explored and selected or voice overs (if we do them) are written, directed and implemented. Once we can code it, then we are looking at many months of work; 18 to 36 months at a wild guess before "The first" playable version is available depending on everything above. I know we all want answers, and I would love to give them to you. But I would be remiss if I set something in stone when I know very well that there are so many factors in play that it would have no real value. I refuse to commit to something if I cannot guarantee the integrity of the answer or results.

There are a few other variables that will modify this, such as the available talent pool and how that talent pool is recruited and compensated.

For those of you who are players and have never been part of an entertainment development process I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that this is not simple. This is many thousands of hours of coordinated skilled labor. The original POP in mount&Blade was two thousand hours to reach the 1.0 version. Then another four to six thousand hours in maybe 10 development cycles to reach where it is today and that only by the efforts of a top tier coder who donated his time to the conversion and to the extension into Warband and the superhuman collective effort of highly skilled folks who took a passion to this work and donated their effort and time to make this project come alive.
    It's been a while since i was looking around here, waiting for BL to come out first.
    First I wanted to thank you for PoP, it changed the way I looked at WB completely, and even more than that, Pop is the main thing that made me go back to school at my age ( 40) and sign up for university to get a bachelor's degree in game design ( on my third year now), wanted to learn how to make mods like that and more.
    Now I'm aware developing an all-new PoP for BL is going to take a long time, and I'm aware that last time I checked it was still in the air if you guys were even going to do it or not, so I was wondering if there are any plans to make it and if it's a definite yes, did you guys started the process yet or not and any other info you can tell us please including a Patreon for the project, or job board if you guys looking for more people to help etc...
    Thank you in advance.

Inspiring Level designer.
  2. Icewood

Question for devs about update map.

>Looks up Star citizen
    > Star Citizen is an in-development multiplayer
    >multiplayer
    All interest lost
    actually it's a precourse to squadron 42, but again, u all talking **** about the game when i'm not even talking about the game, i'm talking about their roadmap!!!!
  3. Icewood

Star citizen is a pretty miserable example given its track record.. pretty much how not to develop a game
    whatever you might think of the game, i was talking specifically about the way they present their roadmap, i don't know how you got to the point that it's a miserable example. have you even looked at their roadmap?
  4. Icewood

It has been a recurring point of dissatisfaction for a lot of forumites, yes, however

this isn't remotely accurate. There's a number of developers that actively engage in discussion on this platform, even creating own threads to showcase what they work on etc. You can usually find those in the Citadel instead,
    There's even a team of the developers actively competiting in one of the communities Skirmish tournaments and obviously the community managers are also involved in the forums. Hell, Dejan was a moderator not long ago before he entered a paid position at the company.

While not all of them, a lot of complaints regarding developer interaction on this forum are based on suggestions that don't get into the game or receive developer responses, the assumption that just because you have an idea it should be added is naive and suggests a false sense of entitlement.
    Criticism is much appreciated and before someone pulls the "you just say that, because you're a moderator" I would like to point out that most of us have their fair share of issues with the game, or have suggested features and changes that have gotten no direct developer response.
    But: We do know that developers check these threads and read them, which is why we have dedicated suggestion boards and collection threads to keep track of them here and here.

Would weekly patches be good? I reckon not, since I doubt there are enough meaningful additions and fixes made in a few days by the limited resources TW as a development studios has. It'd be great if they were to announce an estimate for the next patch though. The "roadmap" has already been linked, but I understand why a more detailed plan with estimated dates etc would be appreciated.
    i did not say i think anything bad about how the devs work and how long it takes for updates etc... and i'm not asking for dates on certain add-ons/fixes i would like to see what each team is working on, i don't care how long it would takes cause i would wait, just a map that shows who's working on what and what's their progress on that subject would be really nice to get some people at least to stop with the undeserve sometimes critz. again i took example from star citizen just cause of the way it looks on their website, i do suggest that if u never looked there, you might want to take a look at how they do their road maps.
  5. Icewood

First of all i wanted to say thank you for all hard work, since i know it's hard to work on a game with so many people trying to put you down in forums and reviews, don't mind them keep working to the best of your abilities. that being said i want to say i do not mind stop playing every once in...
  6. Icewood

Development Priorities

Greetings,

First of all, thank you for taking the time for writing about these topics.

1. Archers had always been an important aspect of warfare. Although we do not think a massive balancing is needed, we are always keeping an eye on what could change and how possible changes effects the game in simulations. We will be making further armor and balance changes within troop trees. Before making any more changes we would like to see how it will be received within the player base. If we feel that there is an imbalance towards archer heavy parties, I can assure you that we will take necessary actions.

2. We are trying to focus on the strengths of each faction and show them in a meaningful way. This, of course, does not mean that they would demolish the battlefield their special units. If players somehow make their parties/armies based on these units to some extent of the game it is good enough for us.

There will be a big armor value and equipment change we are working on ( Still needs to be thoroughly tested before it is good for the public builds) and we may make some more changes on troop weapons and troops if it is necessary but each change requires heavy testing to see how they synergize with every element of the game.

3. We are aware of the crafting system is being used for making easy money as of now. The crafting system will see some changes and pricing changes on weapons are also being worked on. I can't get into details but hopefully, it will turn out in a way where it will satisfy both crafters and traders.

4. Khuzait's being too dominant in the early stages (ergo snowball) of the game is something we know of. Our design team is doing some changes and testing to balance it out.

If I am to give a more general reply since they are more or less about the game balance, it is an extremely demanding task to balance out a game with so many different aspects into it. We do not want the community to do the testing for us that is why we are working so hard to find and examine each outcome of every small touch and change that we can possibly do. At the same time, we are keeping a close eye on player feedback as well. Hopefully the outcome will be able the please as many players as possible :smile:
    Great answer, altgough something that really need to change in battanian don't have archer units other then Nobles and i do believe most players think the same about that if not all.
    also what he said about factions having different type of troops should really be implemented in the Noble lines. other then bettanians all nobles are horseman, nobles should be the strongest unit of what that faction is known for, so empire nobles should be heavy inf, battanians should staylongbows, valandia should be Cav, sturgies should be throwing and 2h etc... should really not have cav for nobles in all factions.

also need to change the fac buffs for battanians and some others cause they are complete under whelming compare to others
  7. Icewood

Resolved death/watch cam + companions role assignment

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.
    thx for the quick response :smile:
  8. Icewood

Resolved death/watch cam + companions role assignment

so when you die in a turny or just watch a turny your view is fixed or you can just click and see it from one of the fighters prespectives, for some reason you can't move cam freely which is not game breaking but it's annoying. more urgent which for some reason havent got taken care of in the...
  9. Icewood

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Wonderers reworked and some newbies please please please

I'd add in that their generation rate should be increased a lot now that they can die. Also XP gain, but I wanted that even before they could die, lol.
    +1
  10. Icewood

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

This is an odd issue. I'm not sure it is BL that is the problem. I'm certainly not having any trouble with saving. As an IT guy, I can say that I've seen the issue on a variety of windows apps. Often it is antivirus or a permissions issue with the destination folder. Have you tried white listing BL with your antivirus?
    it is whitelisted, and by the look of the forum, i'm not the only guys who having this issue.
    also it saved just fine, it startedgiving me error afte alrdy playing a while and saving just fine and thenstarted getting the error in mid game.
    i'm starting to wonder if i should just compltly uninstall the all game and files related and try reinstall everything...
  11. Icewood

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

It could be the issue but of course it could be another issue.

But checking your Steam cloud storage won´t cost you anything. I just tried to help, sorry.
    you don't need to be sorry for trying to help, i'm sorry if the way i typed sounded like i have something against what you said, i didn't mean it in that way and i do thank you for your imput :smile: sorry if i sounded like a D*** didn't mean it like that :smile:
  12. Icewood

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

1.42 save -> loading in 1.5.1 > - trying to save and instead of just failing, I now get this.

(In 1.5.0, it would just fail.) :-

Here
    i'm getting the same in 1.5.1 with a brand new game
  13. Icewood

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

Someone had this issue too, he said it was a Steam cloud issue, maybe your Steam cloud storage is full?
    never heard of such a thing steam cloud is full, and also after new patch i delete all my saves and start a new one, so it would make no sense for it to be full.
  14. Icewood

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

after playing the new Beta for about 1 hour or so, all of a sudden every time i try to save the game again, it won't let me, saying save failed.
    it's after 13 days in game
    was trying to insert a screen shot, but don't know how.
  15. Icewood

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.1

great work devs.
    can we please at some point get some level 0 or level 1 wonderers and also explanations about the traits. thank you for all your hard work :smile:
Back
Top Bottom