Recent content by iamthecircle

1. iamthecircle

Separate infantry formations

Update: By telling one formation to be neutral (that is, no preferences) and the other to prefer shields, I've gotten a pure shield formation and a pure shock trooper formation. I'm not sure why I can't have preferences in one of them, but so be it. Problem solved I guess.... Lets hope there's an easier way to specify formations in the future.
  2. iamthecircle

Try only putting a preference on 1 group, say shields, I think it weight each option equally so if you mark armor on both it throws them into both even if you marked other things too. Whole system need to be replace IMO, it's always annoying and has just gotten worse over time.
    Yeah, I dont think that's the problem. From my two formations, the first has shields preferred, the second has heavy armor and throwing weapons (hoping that'll get the palace guards placed there and not the legionaries, as they don't have throwing spears...) so the preferences don't overlap. I agree, the system needs an overhaul. Either specific spots beyond infantry/archers/cav or a way to put the units in a formation outside of combat. Like, rather than having two drop-down menus in the party menu, let us be able to make tabs for each formation and place the units manually that way.
  3. iamthecircle

Yeah, that's exactly what I know. I have 40 legionaires, 40 palace guards, 60 sharpshooters, and the rest are cav. But even if my two formations are at 50%, 40 in each, it's a mix of both.
  4. iamthecircle

So, I've got a bit of an issue with my infantry. I'd like to have (at least) 2 divisions of infantry, one with shock troops, aserai palace guards for the most part, and another with shields, imperial legionaries or sturgian whatevers. However, even if I put one formation with shields recommended...
Back
Top Bottom