Recent content by hunharibo

1. Question about face animation xmls

I recently noticed there are some voice line ogg format files and xml files in Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\Languages\VoicedLines\EN\PC folder which control the face animation when the correspond voice line was played. I have a question about that, did these animation xmls generated by game it self? or the developers crafted those xml file by hand? could anyone ask that question?
    They use a library called Rhubarb to generate those xmls. It's easy to use, here is a tutorial: https://docs.bannerlordmodding.lt/guides/custom_audio_with_lipsync/
  2. e1.6.0-v1.2.7 Modding Changes

@Dejan
    Would it be possible to remove the "IsBanditFaction" check condition in the FactionManager class?
    All the methods allowing to manage the relation between the factions have this check condition which result in the following:
    It is impossible to set the hero faction neutral with any bandit faction.
    C#:
            // Token: 0x06000AA1 RID: 2721 RVA: 0x00037308 File Offset: 0x00035508
            public static void DeclareAlliance(IFaction faction1, IFaction faction2)
            {
                if (faction1 != faction2 && !faction1.IsBanditFaction && !faction2.IsBanditFaction)
                {
                    FactionManager.SetStance(faction1, faction2, StanceType.Neutral);
                }
            }

// Token: 0x06000AA2 RID: 2722 RVA: 0x00037327 File Offset: 0x00035527
            public static void DeclareWar(IFaction faction1, IFaction faction2, bool isAtConstantWar = false)
            {
                if (faction1 != faction2 && !faction1.IsBanditFaction && !faction2.IsBanditFaction)
                {
                    FactionManager.SetStance(faction1, faction2, StanceType.War).IsAtConstantWar = isAtConstantWar;
                }
            }

// Token: 0x06000AA3 RID: 2723 RVA: 0x0003734B File Offset: 0x0003554B
            public static void SetNeutral(IFaction faction1, IFaction faction2)
            {
                {
                    FactionManager.Instance.GetStanceLinkInternal(faction1, faction2).StanceType = StanceType.Neutral;
                }
            }

I understand it is a default stance you want to keep for the native game.
    But in my case I would like to allow the player clan to at least become "neutral" with the bandits.
    Maybe you could add a method that could be called by modders?
    C#:
            public static void SetNeutralForModders(IFaction faction1, IFaction faction2)
            {
                if (faction1 != faction2)
                {
                    FactionManager.Instance.GetStanceLinkInternal(faction1, faction2).StanceType = StanceType.Neutral;
                }
            }

I know this is borderline necro :grin: but recently I had come across a similar use case and it is possible to do what you want.

You can get the StanceLink object between 2 factions, by calling the GetStanceLink and setting the IsAtWar property directly.

As an example of what worked for me:

Code:
    foreach (var chaosClan in chaosClans)
    {
        if (chaosClan.IsAtWarWith(chaosBanditFaction))
        {
            var stance = chaosClan.GetStanceWith(chaosBanditFaction);
            stance.IsAtConstantWar = false;
            stance.IsAtWar = false;
        }
    }
  3. Can These Things Be Fixed? <Long>

Just some friendly advice. These forums are a wasteland. Nothing ever happens here, that's why you might feel the modding scene has died out. It's because the scene is on Discord instead.
    The modding server is usually lively and there are a lot of helpful people.
  4. In Progress General Reproducable crash with musicians in taverns for cultures with a single Town only

For mods that have custom cultures (so, like all total conversion mods) and only a single Town with that culture, then talking to a Musician in that town's tavern will always lead to a crash. Reason: in TavernEmployeesCampaignBehavior.conversation_talk_bard_on_condition...
  5. In Progress Scene Editor main map snow flowmap bugs

Problem persists in 1.2...
  6. Issue: The OnGameLoadFinishedEvent don't load when you create a new game

As the new suggests, that event only fires after you have LOADED a saved game, not when you create a new game. There are different events for targeting new game. If you want to get an event that fires both when creating a new game and when loading a savegame use OnSessionStart.
  7. Resolved Graphical / Texture Error is present for preview images of meshes (Reproducible with mod, but has been reported on vanilla assets as well)

The fix was not part of the hotfixes we sent.
    Any news when this fix is going to hit live? 1.1.4 did not contain it either. It is kind of strange that it has been fixed yet you choose not to push it to live. May I ask why?
  8. SP - UI Overhaul mods - stripey thumbnails

We found the bug causing this issue. It will be fixed but it will take some time unfortunately. Thank you for your patience.
    Good news! Thank your for taking the time to debug this. The fix will make many people happy.
  9. SP - UI Overhaul mods - stripey thumbnails

Also, if you can reproduce this bug with only a single asset, It would make my job easier to directly test the failed scenario. I would be glad to have a module with a single item that fails the thumbnail renderer. Please let me know if this is possible.
    Forgot to tag you or send my post as a reply. Hopefully this creates a notification for you. See info above.
  10. SP - UI Overhaul mods - stripey thumbnails

Ok I prepared a test module for you. It has a single item: Testbox in the TradeGoods category of the inventory.

The test module has 2 variants: unpublished (called StripeTestSource) and published (called StripeTestPublished). These 2 are exactly the same module with the same content the only difference being that one is published the other is not.

StripeTestSource has nothing removed from the module folder. Includes assets and assetsources like this:

Bgec8KR.png

This produces a clean thumbnail image like so:

FJ2YcNN.png

The other module is called StripeTestPublished which is exactly the same module, but published from the editor and thus, has the assets and assetsources removed.
    L7l2jQF.png

This produces a striped thumbnail image like so (its a little hard to see sorry):
    xkSYwl0.png

I have uploaded the test modules here for your convenience: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bxxYlAllZYzwyXphFDi9c68Slkk_dMFz/view?usp=share_link
  11. SP - UI Overhaul mods - stripey thumbnails

Hi there,

I tried creating a new module and moving a Native asset to it (by removing from Native, adding to the newly created module). Say, a helmet. I added this item as a helmet in the newly created module and gave it an observable name. I can observe it in the game yet the thumbnails look fine. Can you reproduce this scenario with a single asset, or does it happen only when you add the whole module? I need to reproduce it but it doesn't seem to be happening on my side.

Thanks
    Very nice that you are taking steps to try to solve this! Cheers!
    I am not sure that a native asset will produce the bug, because it could be present in the compressed_shader_cache.sack even if you remove it from the Native module.
    Can you try with a completely custom asset?
    If this proves to be something that you cannot do, I am happy to put together a test module for you with a single item.
  12. SP - UI Overhaul mods - stripey thumbnails

These thumbnails are taken with the default material textures and properties, meaning without applying team color, banner texture etc. I've seen mods that add new equipment not have a problem with the thumbnails, so I would imagine it's case by case and not a general issue.
    Wow, so oblivious to the problem...
    It is absolutely a general issue. The reason you saw mods that don't have a problem with the thumbnails is that those mods - incorrectly - included the Assets and AssetSources in their download files...
    This was reported in May and Taleworlds doesn't even take it seriously.
    Now with your full release and modding kit publishing removing Assets and AssetSources forcing mod makers to correctly publish their mods, ALL mods with custom assets have this problem universally.

It is very easy to reproduce, the fact that TW hasn't acknowledged this bug even exists shows that TW never even tried.
    • Make a new empty module
    • Import any item
    • Publish the mod
    • Play the published mod, open inventory with cheat activated so you can see the thumbnail
    • Observe how it has the stripy look 10/10 times
    • Now manually copy over the Assets and AssetSources from the source module to the published module and run it again
    • Observe how the striped look is gone

It is most definitely a bug with the thumbnail renderer.
  13. Need More Info why pay for my own troops to go on a mission, why high level troops running away

This is a new feature they added. You have to pay the daily wages of your men even if they are away on a quest mission.
  14. Resolved Graphical / Texture Error is present for preview images of meshes (Reproducible with mod, but has been reported on vanilla assets as well)

This is a massive problem for us. Since we added new races as well, all the characters that have the custom race's custom meshes on their faces look like that even ingame, not just the editor. Since the new publishing to Steam Workshop procedure removes the Assets and Assetsources by default, this is kind of baffling...
Back
Top Bottom