Recent content by Hound_of_Culann

1. Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

Thanks a lot man, you're a gentleman and a scholar  :wink:
  2. Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

This really sounds like something I would like to implement, but i don't know much about modding.  Where do I find game_start?  In the program files or do I need an editor?  I looked in the program files but couldn't find it.  Or am I missing the mark completely?
  3. Only plays in windowed mode

Knock on some serious wood here but I just restarted 1.003 successfully twice in a row for the first time.  I'm going test it now.  Looks like another notch in your belt Darian, thanks again.  (knock knock).
  4. Only plays in windowed mode

It does sound familiar with the windowed aspect.  I just found another dimension to this.  Here's a post I recently did with what I thought was another problem:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,43185.msg1192773.html#msg1192773. 

I thought the problem was solved but it just became something else.  When I get the options screen, I can place the cursor over the upper left portion of the screen and get the normal spearhead pointer and can click the background in that area to my heart's content.  But when I place it over the other 3/4 part of the screen, the pointer turns into a regular Windows pointer, and if I click the background, the game crashes onto the taskbar only to give me the Direct3D prompt from before. 

Here's another glitch: if I fart around and change settings from the properties when right-clicking, then change them back, then I can run the game normally.  When I quit and try running it normally again, it gives me the Direct3D bit and crashes.  I've tried deleting everything I can think of M&B related.  It's weird this problem has persisted from .960 to 1.003 when I've never had a problem before, especially when it appears to have started when downloading mods and I've done complete uninstalls only to never shake this problem when I ran .960 for so long with nothing.  Damn  :evil:

EDIT- Oh yeah, a couple of other things.  When I get the "could not reset the direct3d device", a black box appears in my upper left quadrant (like the old option screen problem from my other post and the cursor issue above).  Also, whether it is working or not, when the game loads it appears for a brief second that M&B is opened in a window, although I've always had that issue never to have problems with it before.  But now as it loads and the Mount & Blade name appears at the top of this window, it also says (Not Responding) after it.  ****, there's too many nuances to this I must stop typing now.
  5. Only plays in windowed mode

My bad, I resumed a saved game.  So I stopped for the night, then started the game again.  But this has happened repeatedly.
  6. Only plays in windowed mode

Downloaded 1.003 and played fine.  Next day, when I click Resume Game, the game minimizes.  When I clicked the taskbar, I get a window that says "Could not reset the Direct3D device.  This sample will now exit" and the game closes.  I updated my video drivers and re-downloaded.  The problem...
  7. Lower right of startup screen appears at upper left

I tried putting a -window and -w at the end of the target.  The only thing that happens is the launch screen appears mostly whole but the right edges of it are "broken" off and appear at the right edge of the screen while the launch window is left-center.  When the splash comes up, its business as usual.  I can't describe what it's like to finally get here only to see the splash out of whack and the game unplayable.  :cry:

SERIOUS EDIT!  Darian, I just took a second look at your post and realized in my frustration what you were referring to.  I thought you were referring to the documents shell.  It works.  Many thanks to you and to Archonosod for helping me.  My girlfriend or career definitely won't agree.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  Thanks again.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
  8. Lower right of startup screen appears at upper left

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I did delete that.  I deleted everything except the registry.  This is weird, I never had any problem before.  I don't know why, I've never had a problem, and then keep getting the same one everytime I reinstall.  I can't think of what to do.
  9. Lower right of startup screen appears at upper left

So I get back from vacation, eagerly awaiting M&B v1!  I down load, only to find I have the same problem!  Only it's a little different, I can't really describe it, but it happens to where I get the lower right of the screen displayed to my upper left.  I have deleted and reinstalled countless times.  I have not fully uninstalled my serial key because I cannot fing M&B in my regedit under run.  I found licenturion but the computer wont let me delete it.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you can help.  I'm really frustrated that it has gotten to this moment only to be denied.  Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  Sorry dfor the double/triple posting but I really need help with this and I wanted to move this up.
  10. Lower right of startup screen appears at upper left

So i just got back from the Democrat/Republican Conventions and decided to reinstall M&B, but after I did, the same problem persists.  I even deleted the savegames.  Should I delete the registry info too, then install?

EDIT-I tried to uninstall again to no avail.  I tried to get rid of the licensing through regedit, but couldn't find the M&B file.  It seems my M&B is permanently jacked now since I started messing with Hegemony 268, my advice is to stay well away from it for now.  Hopefully version 1.0 of M&B will work.  I have no idea what is going on.  Major Bummer.
  11. Lower right of startup screen appears at upper left

The pre game splash and the menu, the entire screen is displaced.  If I could click around and enter a game somehow, it would play, but only the lower right quadrant in the upper left.  I figured on a re-install, I was just trying to play the mods too.  Guess I should re-install and try it again.  Thanks for the input, I'll give word on what happens.
  12. Lower right of startup screen appears at upper left

I downloaded .960 and been playing perfectly for a while.  I downloaded Hundred Years War Mod, again with no issues.  I downloaded Hegemony 268 B.C., and on the startup screen, the lower right quadrant of the startup screen appears in the upper left.  A black L occupies the upper and lower right...
  13. How to copy items from one mod to the other (Tutorial)

D'Sparil said:
    Hound_of_Culann said:
    Was wondering, does the armor code to enable armor to be sold in shops work with clothing also (courtly/nobility outfits)?
    Not sure, you can always try tough.

EDIT-Perhaps we could get a code to enable boots for the Khergit boots?  Also a question:  unlike mods where the item files seem accessible, to do this in Native I'm guessing we need the brf editor?  Thanks for the info!
    The code for "metallic" foot armor is 65550. So change:

itm_khergit_guard_boots Khergit_Guard_Boots Khergit_Guard_Boots 1  lamellar_boots_a_L 0  3854 0 254 126976 1.000000 100 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

to:

itm_khergit_guard_boots Khergit_Guard_Boots Khergit_Guard_Boots 1  lamellar_boots_a_L 0  65550 0 254 126976 1.000000 100 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

You don't need to do anything with the brf to add this boots, the meshes are included in native.

Thanks for the help man!  Sorry, been away for a loooong time.  And just to let anyone know, the code to activate costumes is 553713677.  So now you can look like the noble you deserve to be in your castle.
  14. M&B featured on Gamespy

"Holding the mouse button will build up more power, assuming you have the time to do so before the enemy strikes."

Is this true?  I've never noticed this.  I always wait until the last minute to keep anyone from dodging.

I guess M&B will get a lot more press now that it's getting retail distribution.
  15. Version 0.901 Bug List

I took a quest from the Great Khan to collect taxes from Tulga.  Eventually the people got pissed and revolted.  Me and my guys beat some asses until the only peasants left were behind the gate to the castle as it was cracked open and we couldn't pass through.  My guys continued to fight through the gate and I tried to get through the crack but couldn't, so I had to resort to the F4 cheat.  Damn!  It was really fun too.

Suggestion:  after doing so, maybe the people you collected taxes from should now be pissed at you, after the quest, they were indifferent to me.
Back
Top Bottom