Recent content by hotcobbler

1. hotcobbler

I keep seeing people saying you can recruit Viking troops if you're a ruthless pagan (as I am). Where do you do this? Are you talking about Svear warriors in taverns or the troops you recruit in villages in Denmark and the North?
  2. hotcobbler

How to make money?

kraggrim said:
    If you have -10 reputation or under then you can sell to bandit merchants at bandit lairs/landings.  They get more money and space every time you talk to them and their goods prices do not decrease the more you sell like normal merchants. So much profit.

I don't think I've seen these bandit merchants? Are they random spawn camps or preset locations?
  3. hotcobbler

Rome at War: Previews + News!

Amazing work, this is awesome!
  4. hotcobbler

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Just posting because I **** myself when I found out about M&B2. That is all.
  5. hotcobbler

NW Completed North American Monday Linebattle Event - Hosted by Reddit Brigade

More coverage of the weekly calendar is good. I also propose we host a Gladius linebattle on Fridays or after this on Mondays. I'm willing to help w this.
  6. hotcobbler

Suggestion: the wounded will be left behind

I think this would also be a historically accurate option for when the battle is over (and you won). There are many documented cases of commanders leaving the wounded or even killing them off so that they can make a quick escape from a larger incoming force without being slowed down by the wounded.
  7. hotcobbler

Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

Yeah, I supported myself for a while selling cheap ale/mead from Oxford in Wales, picking up cheap minerals/silver/stone in a couple towns there at the same time, and then killing dena raiders and big groups of bandits on the way back.

I just got a small city efoeffed to me, as well as two villages, and now I'm starting to run a surplus. Thanks for the additional tips!
  8. hotcobbler

Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

Trade in 1.39 seems a lot different than what those above describe. I'm on day 130 and have never been close to being able to afford an enterprise. I've been trading and just took my first (tiny) castle for my faction with ~150 men, 75 of which were basic peasant cannon fodder.

Trading and selling loot and now war trophies has kept me above 10,000 for a while now, with sometimes bumps to 20-30k, but no higher than that. Anyone have tips?
  9. hotcobbler

Unable To Connect To Server

hotcobbler said:
    I'm also having the unable to connect to server problem. I've been doing everything I can for 4 days now and can't get it to work.

I've tried everything I can find on the forums.

After trying all the other fixes, I hard reset my router and what do you know. Works fine now. Thanks for the help all.
  10. hotcobbler

"Join Server" Crash and "Unable to connect" (FIX)

Milson said:
    Hi, I recently had also the problem with the Unable to connect error window, but the use_safe_connection was fine, already set to 0 in the first place. My first install was by Steam, but it kinda started to crash for no apparent reason, so then I downloaded the game from Taleworlds, put in the serial key from  Steam, but then the error bull**** came up. The solution for my problem was to delete Warband registry in the regedit before  reinstalling Warband, as the serial key was kinda messed up,written in a weird format (I'd bet I wrote it right lol).

I have absolutely no idea if this will help you, but giving it a try won't cost you anything

I'm having no luck with any other fixes, and want to try this. Where do I find the Warband registry in regedit? I'm not familiar with this.

Thanks for your help.
  11. hotcobbler

Unable To Connect To Server

I'm also having the unable to connect to server problem. I've been doing everything I can for 4 days now and can't get it to work.

I've tried everything I can find on the forums.
  12. hotcobbler

Byzantines

I don't even play this mod, but I'm gonna vote for some half-nude Gaelic dudes.
  13. hotcobbler

Status of the "Banate of Croatia"?

This seems to be a common request, and it's frankly a bit silly in light of all the previous comments from othr.

Though it may have been a technically separate state, it was under the same king as Hungary. That would be like saying we want to split up France and England into Dukedoms, fiefdoms, etc...

While that may be somewhat historically accurate, which is something I support, it's neither plausible or possible at this point. There is simply not enough space on the map nor enough resources (system or game) to make it playable with more factions.

Why is it that everyone in Eastern Europe on these boards seems to be so nationalistic? Don't let your national pride cloud your vision so much, and you'll be able to see the world more clearly.
  14. hotcobbler

So many features that SHOULD be in native too.

Beezarandy said:
    All this mod needs now is the New map your waiting for, the heraldry editor mention in another suggestion thread for Native, (when someone creates it). Some balancing around the troop wages (please!!!). The NPC comments to be rewritten so they don't refer to places in Native when you pass by some towns and for England not to be assaulted by every nation near it and virtually destroyed in 6 months every time i play and I'll be the happiest fanboy alive lol

I'm working on the heraldry, I'm just a perfectionist with very little free time, so it will take a while. I'll try to get some up soon!
  15. hotcobbler

Troop tree length?

I know some is already in game.

I guess my point about "upwardly mobile" troop trees is that peasants wouldn't ever make it to knighthood. It was a class thing, not a richness thing.
Back
Top Bottom