• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Recent content by Horrux

1. Horrux

Jailbreaking was one of my favorite early game activities in Warband...

You're asking questions no one has answers to, TW doesn't talk at all so who knows what will ever be implemented
    They don't? Damn, well then maybe they have people reading these threads at least.
  2. Horrux

Unless they changed it recently, I tried breaking out a Lord of the faction I was with. I went through the usual dialogue with the dungeon guard and he exclaimed, "Help, jailbreak!" when I tried to take the keys. Which normally leads to combat but lead to nothing - he just stood there.
    Hopefully they will finish it soon.
    So you successfully disguised and entered the castle or town? Nice. I haven't done that yet, although with the number of well-armed guards I saw in the dungeons, I feel there is no way I'd jailbreak anybody with just my civilian clothes on...
  3. Horrux

It was great because it let me build relation, honor and also most importantly, keep the map in better balance by systematically freeing lords of weaker factions. Right now we have very little to help us contribute to keeping the map in balance while our puny clans grow into real powers. And...
  4. Horrux

[Language] One does not "fire" an arrow...

The expression to "fire" a shot at the enemy came along with, well, FIREarms. Arrows are LOOSED. I know, it sounds like nitpicking, but for some of us, it's a constant nerve-grater, as much as if a medieval character said "ROFL how they run" or something like that. Thanks ;-)
  5. Horrux

Where are all the 2h maces/mauls/blunt weapons?

Hoping they will add them too.
  6. Horrux

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Only if leveling in and of itself is more of an incentive than maxing a skill. Generally the best implementations of this system avoid that - in an ideal world, once I've hit the maximum in my chosen skills there's no longer any purpose to levelling up my character because doing so won't benefit my chosen playstyle.
    The issue with the system at present is that you can't top out a given skill without investing in a bunch of other skills simply to be able to raise your level to the point you can top out in your chosen skills, which forces the opposite behaviour - if I want to max my one handed, I have to invest in every other skill in order to be able to invest in one-handed.

I suspect it'd be easily fixed if they just removed the skill caps and had focus points purely increase the speed at which you gain in a given skill rather than limiting how much you can gain in the skill, and allow companions to cover for skills you don't want to invest in.
    Well trading isn't actually an infinitely repeatable task in the usual sense, such as the "craft 10,000 potions" you would do in TES to get good alchemy. Trading takes time, and you can't just trade WHATEVER, you have to think things through. So it may be technically "infinitely repeatable" but in reality you can't do ONLY that. You have to at least move around and look for opportunities. But then again WHY WOULD YOU do only that when there are so many more things to do in a M&B game!?
  7. Horrux

Leaving Razih game crashes

Why am I reading my post as having been written by "Lady Calantina"?
  8. Horrux

Leaving Razih game crashes

Even staying there it crashes. I would just send a crash report but it returns "403 Forbidden" or somesuch. Also, in Razih, all the notables are together in a maybe 7m long stretch of ground at the side of the market. Anybody else getting this crash?
  9. Horrux

Quest issues

For the fight it's not a bug. When you are in town you automatically use your secound layout. It's civilian equipment. Go in your inventory.
    Thanks, that helps. :grin:
  10. Horrux

Quest issues

So I went with a quest to help one gang drive another out of town. When the fight begins I realize I have only a small hatchet and no armor. Did I miss the opportunity to gear myself? A bug? Work As Intended? Also, I made a deal with a bandit gang to take their stolen goods to another town. I...
  11. Horrux

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Gorvex said:
    I don't know about you, but in my opinion the Vanskerries are crying to get a unique spawn. The leader should be named either Jarl Haggar Three Fingers or Queen Agnus. With lots of Vanskerry Jarls and Queen Agnus Freebooters :iamamoron:
    That would kick some serious butt. HOWEVER, given the Fierdsvain's geographical, political and tactical disadvantages, they would need a buff.
  12. Horrux

Gorvex said:
    Horrux said:
    Nicodemus. said:
    Horrux said:
    playing as one of his own troops after being taken out
    this has been rejected 38 times (approximate value)
    I would love to understand why. It would be a toggle, you could enable and disable it, play it the way you want to. Maybe lose the ability to give new orders once you play as a soldier?
    I think these are the 2 main reasons why this idea didn't make it to PoP ever:
    - Bodysliding reduces the immersion: the whole point of the mod is that you're roleplaying as the character you've created. You're the hero of Madigan who has the potential to fulfill the prophecy. And not that Empire Legionnaire or Sir Jocelyn.
    - This would make less important to play carefully with your main character in order to be able to deal more damage to the enemy side or to command more effectively for longer. PoP is meant to be a challenging mod that does not fogive mistakes.

Also, companions would be much easier to level up if you would be allowed to play as one instead of a regular troop. Which could be abused for CKO training for instance. And bodysliding into regular troops could also be abused for having an easier time if you would keep only elite troops in your party (and drop the rest to a garrison), such as Hero Adventurers.
    Points taken, thank you for clarifying that.
  13. Horrux

Nicodemus. said:
    Horrux said:
    playing as one of his own troops after being taken out
    this has been rejected 38 times (approximate value)
    I would love to understand why. It would be a toggle, you could enable and disable it, play it the way you want to. Maybe lose the ability to give new orders once you play as a soldier?
  14. Horrux

sher said:
    Is it impossible with sensible weapons? You don't make high priced ugly jewelry when you can make decent things (there is no point at all in making bad bastard sword - it's a professional weapon when you need longer hilt for longer/heavier blade and no one will buy failed version), you don't bring lumberjack axe to a fight unless you are lumberjack and don't have anything else. Certainly, it runs even with such strange weapons around since they're already there and autoresolve score can be of any value regardless of actual equipment but what's the point in leaving unreasonable (bad weapon is not a problem) weapons? Player can get rid of them with tweaking easily and have perfectly fine game.

Personally I left this "bastard" sword in place but only because it's in use by many troops and I'm kinda lazy to document changes but it can be replaced by normal weapons in like 15 minutes and you won't notice anything except for nonsensical weapon gone (it has very generic model like any regular sword so no one will miss it). Crappy Axe is reasonable - it's bad but it's not a combat weapon and suitable for peasants, thugs and similar people.

BTW, in case you don't know - bastard sword primary mode is 2H. It's just _not impossible_ to use it with one hand (as with proper 2H sword) but it's certainly not how it should be used. While in mod such weapons are used mostly with shields.
    This brings to mind a tweak that I feel is needed: a category for 1.5H weapons. You can tell your companions to equip a 2H or a 1H but not a 1.5H. I like to do so as a backup in case the shield breaks, but having something that's still usable with a shield. For example having a battle hammer for when I need "use blunt weapons" or a relatively fast, long and powerful 1.5H Noldor sword. That thing got reach, and on top of a horse that can be more helpful than lightning quick strikes.

Also, additional orders would do wonders:

1. "Archers, join infantry once your ammo is depleted!" (and the reverse of course)
    2. "Archers/Infantry/Cavalry/Cav. Archers/etc/everyone do as the Marshall says" (and the reverse of course)

Additionally, I would love a toggle that would allow the player to continue playing as one of his own troops after being taken out. Would make the yawnfest huge battles TONS more interesting.
Top Bottom