Recent content by Horatius

1. Horatius

When can u play duel mode

How dense are you?

TW never gives a release date, more than a soon you will not get. This question has been asked 23 times now and every time a dev said soon and they don't know.
    The most focus has been put on bugfixes the last few weeks as there were a lot. 1.6 maybe but it is just a rough guess.
  2. Horatius

Need More Info Cannot use ranged weapon after switching.

The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so can you capture a video? If you can use software that shows your input while recording a video it would be really great! You can use Nohboard for this.
    I played a bit today at it still happened. Recording it is easy enough as you can just record your last minute with ReLive/Shadowplay but that won't show the keyboard inputs. I will see if I can produce it reliably as only then I can record the keyboard inputs but doubt it.
  3. Horatius

TW multiplayer feature delivery times calculated

There is a spectator mode for custom servers, not for skirm and afaik they are working on it but it was never in the patchnotes.
  4. Horatius

Do developers change the game based on our feedback? Should we have the power to vote on changes?

I can give you infinite examples of how TW ''just knowing'' what we want is not enough. Knowledge isn't power. Applied knowledge is power. And the fact is that TaleWorlds are not applying the knowledge they gain from the forums in the sense of community feedback. Most feedback is discarded or disregarded entirely.
    Not enough for who? Make peace with it lol, this is all you are going to get. A small dev team who have a general knowledge of what the player base wants.

Do the devs want to make a good game? If you assume they are passionate about their product then yes.
    Does TW want to make a good game? No, they want to make money. They think that the current strategy is the best way to make money, so it is enough for TW to do it like this. Make peace with it and stop crying.
  5. Horatius

Do developers change the game based on our feedback? Should we have the power to vote on changes?

Maybe linux isn't the best example here, but programming languages are. Usually they have huge open discussions on their forums where people come up with their suggestions that are then discussed by users with different levels and tasks, and than they make core changes (not just extended libraries which could be compared to bl mods), based on that community feedback and proposed solutions. That's how I see development in bl should work, mainly because their designers are not competent enough to make good balance patches. It's not their fault that they have no time to actually play the game, but they have a lot of competent players with thousands of hours played.

For each patch we predicted all balance issues just by reading patchnotes when changes were not even implemented, and each time it turned out that we were right. I don't get it why they make obvious (from experienced player perspective) mistakes over and over again and don't want to change their approach of making balance patches.

Lawzilla-artist-art-девушка-art-3288938.jpeg
    Do you know how slowly programming languages are developed? Also, they are developed with an infinite amount of money behind them or in people's free time.

TW is a business wanting to earn money. They know what we want as they read these forums, that's all that is needed.
    We have a platform to out our opinions and they read them from time to time. I think the MP team is very small and inefficiënt but apparently, TW thinks this is the best way to make money.

They have a general overview of our opinion and needs, it is their choice to act on it or not.
    Polls and more discussion will just be a waste of the little dev time they have, polls should only be done for further clarification but are often too simple.
  6. Horatius

For the love of God no, community-driven projects are basically always a disaster and not how you should run your business.

I really hope you never start a business if you think this is a good idea. Talewords software management seems to be the biggest dumpster fire I have ever seen but you want to make it a nuclear one.

The only thing that would be possible is doing a community poll where they get a feel for what is wanted the most at this point in time. They already have this feeling so it would be rather useless.
  7. Horatius

Need More Info Cannot use ranged weapon after switching.

@MArdA TaleWorlds this is not on the issue list yet and still very much present.
  8. Horatius

cancel the tournament in 1 week

We're not arranging any matches until this is fixed. I'm not gonna tell my members to cancel their weekend plans on the off-chance that we dont crash for an hour before saying screw it and waiting another week.
    Well that's why we forfeited, telling people to come online and then try to play a match while continuous crashes is just xxx to do.
    How can an update **** a 50 euro costing game for 4 weeks?
  9. Horatius

refund plz

"I went over the max amount of play time to get a refund but I still want a refund!!!!"
  10. Horatius

Banned? Again? Noice

Just be a good boy until custom servers are the standard and there are fewer risks to insulting people, Turks or saying gamer words.
  11. Horatius

Heavy armor should deflect arrows

Yes let's make archery an RNG game that will improve gameplay!
  12. Horatius

PLEASE TELL YOUR PROVIDERS TO RESTART THEIR SERVERS!!!

WMorton: "WEEEEE I LAG"

TW: "We are working on it, sorry for the inconvenience"

WMorton: "rESTaRt YOuR sERveRs"
  13. Horatius

[BEAST#4] Suggestions

From MardA today:
    It might not be related to 6v6 party but just a random crash on loading the maps. But the good news is we were able to reproduce it and the fix is on its way.

So there is hope (a teeny tiny bit that is fleeting).
  14. Horatius

So I played MP again... we need friendly fire

Friendly fire was a thing like a month ago but caused crashes. So you can probably expect it to be back by 2022.
Top Bottom