Recent content by Hoooody

1. Hoooody

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

VonTwat said:
    578 said:
    Translation: Viking Conquest troops were a bunch of girls.
    They were Vikings after all, they were only used to ambush priests and farmers. :lol:
    I'm no historian and I'm at work so I don't have the time to check Wikipedia or Google it, but the vikings also fought armies. Byzantine emperors also used viking warriors as personal elite bodyguards through four centuries, IIRC.
  2. Hoooody

We're all just speculating and discussing here. Some might take it slightly too serious at times, but it's all just speculation and discussion of the many aspects of the game, plus everything around it and then some. Now we're discussing the situation in Turkey, appearantly. Very off-topic but interesting nevertheless, to hear about it from someone actually residing in Turkey.
  3. Hoooody

Your favorite mod and why

Roberta_Baratheon said:
    Sanscenti said:
    A Clash of Kings is an utterly superb mod if you're into Game of Thrones. I guess it's awesome anyhow, but if you're a fan of GoT, it's even better.

Game of Thrones is even better if you are into Game of Thrones and a fan of it.
    What is your point? Are you contributing to the thread in any way by commenting on the poor grammar of that segment of my post? :wink:
    I was messed up on morphine. I hope your ego got a boost from it though!
  4. Hoooody

Stan546 said:
    I really like the the influence currency idea. It's far more user friendly and more accessible. It gives people clearer ideas and allows for easier planning I think.

The old system was good, but you'd just have to grind up relationships instead of influence. You'd never know what Lords would do and if they'd always follow you.

An I too hope everyone and their families are OK after recent events.
    In my opinion, the focus on user friendliness and accessibility is what destroyed so many video games series that I once held dear. After every sequel they just get more dumbed down and simplified, for it all to be more accessible and easy to learn. Bannerlord is one of few projects that still gets me hyped.
    I'm not saying all efforts of increasing accessibility and user friendliness is bad. All in moderation.
  5. Hoooody

MrMundy said:
    I guess ISIS didnt like the Bannerlord gameplay.
    Sorry, that's not even funny.
  6. Hoooody

You both have good points lads, and I'm not saying I'm totally negative to the system in its entirety. TW know what they're doing and I'm confident the feature will excel (now the word is used correctly, I hope :wink:). The influence system is a fresh addition to M&B and an improvement over the way the same functions were handled in Warband, but as I speculate over any newly introduced feature, I can't help but thinking how it might pan out in practice. Negative and positive sides to it.

And thanks for correcting me, DanAngleland!
  7. Hoooody

Sarapen said:
    Gameplay was awesome, but I really dislike the "honor-pay" method. I really hope the show more of this and how it all works, looks like a real bummer to me to "pay" for an action with a set amount of some strange income. Could get really grindy too.
    "Oh damnit, I just spent all my influence on getting them to follow me, so now I can't do this and that! Guess I'll have to go grind some more to continue this devious plan of mine."

I fear that this will be one of several situations that examplifies how this influence point-system might be inferior. At the same time I have faith in TW that they have or will figure it out.
  8. Hoooody

Cowardly AI marshalls?

Hi guys, I'm curious about something. I play as a lord for the Northvegr faction and I am very annoyed with how fast the marshall gives up the military campaign. I'm betting this is commonly known, right? That marshalls in VC cancel the campaigns rather easily? One time we we had just left...
  9. Hoooody

joei160. said:
    Sanscenti said:
    joei160. said:
    There's a skyrim mod that make enemies unaggressive after praying for their lives. It would be great to decide in Bannerlord if we would kill or not our last enemy, or a Lord, for example. To grant them their lives or reap it without mercy.
    That would be cool. If the player gets to a point where he's very powerful, however, and decides to be a merciless bastard, lords might drop like flies. That could become a balancing problem, as factions might dissolve too quickly. But I'm fond of the idea. After all, it's kind of weird that lords are immortal, but I understand it from a balancing perspective.

You do have a point, comrade, but in middle ages killing lords was an outrageous attitude. They were worth a lot of gold and after the rescue was paid, they were liberated from captivity.
    The choice for execution could be applied to bandits of mercenary leaders, people who could be spawned with more arbitrariness. Lords should only be able to be captured or killed in-battle with a fatal blow.
    I agree lad. I heard mention of the option to execute lords somewhere earlier in this thread. Not sure if that were rumors or not, but I'm sure TW have something clever figured out. And if not, it will be solved by modders!
  10. Hoooody

joei160. said:
    There's a skyrim mod that make enemies unaggressive after praying for their lives. It would be great to decide in Bannerlord if we would kill or not our last enemy, or a Lord, for example. To grant them their lives or reap it without mercy.
    That would be cool. If the player gets to a point where he's very powerful, however, and decides to be a merciless bastard, lords might drop like flies. That could become a balancing problem, as factions might dissolve too quickly. But I'm fond of the idea. After all, it's kind of weird that lords are immortal, but I understand it from a balancing perspective.
  11. Hoooody

Best SP mod right now?

Varrak said:
    You must try Warwolf mod. It is not a known mod due to no topic exist in forum but you can access it via Steam Workshop, it is just.... Oh my god.... Perfect
    What is that? Some sort of text-based mod?
  12. Hoooody

Shadow4495 said:
    Boah I hate it, I know that we have to wait now again several months before we will hear something from the Devs.
    At PCG Weekender, if I recall correctly, they said that they will to show sieges next, "very, very soon".
  13. Hoooody

Armaury said:
    I noticed something bad in the gameplay its that every single guys and horses make the sames moves same time when they are moving by units, and they all keep the same space between them; like a robot army.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. Hopefully they'll implement some variations in movement, delays, etc., to make it look natural.
  14. Hoooody

Largest Stable Companion parties chart please?

Really helpful guys, thanks for your efforts!
  15. Hoooody

Question for the devs

You guys have done an amazing job with VC. You really fleshed out the capabilities of the engine and made M&B feel interesting and fresh again.
    Looking forward to see what you might come up with for Bannerlord. I know you want to.  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom