Recent content by holydave

1. holydave

Request:Enhancing Background Ambient Effects

thats very far away down the development line

Patch notes, literally today:

"Some volume changes for ambient sounds"

OP might be asking for a modder to do this, but more. (edit) I also +1 the OP.
  2. holydave

Did certain items get updated?

Can't find a couchable weapon now to save my life. I could probably craft one but ain't nobody got time for that ****.
  3. holydave

Patch Notes e1.0.6

I had mistakenly thought the last patch had cleared up the stuttering but I just hadn't fought in a big enough battle.

1.0.6 has, at the very affordable cost of a lag spike at the start of a battle, totally cleared up the stuttering problem for me. Before there was a barely noticeable hitch every time a unit got killed - just enough to make combat feel imprecise. Now it's all buttery smooth and so very playable.

Finally the battles have surpassed warband, great work devs, didn't think such a pervasive issue would be fixed so quickly.
  4. holydave

To many whining kids

they would have to refund people that paid more and they would never do this But I agree, the price is much too high for what we've got after the decade.

Yes it's not going to happen, but it'd be doable and wise and just.

(edit) actually I don't think they would have to refund, the pricing is at their discretion. The number of people who'd be pissed off would be outweighed by the good PR I think.
  5. holydave

To many whining kids

The problem isn't that Talewords released the game too early, it's that they released it too late and at full retail price.

Subnautica etc were absolute messes on EA release but they were also heavily discounted. Charging $50 implies that this is a polished product - the fact that there is a patch a day proves that it is not.

This behaviour is arguably in contravention of the EA license agreement which states that any game on EA should be priced appropriately to the state it is in.

(edit) for the record I'm now pretty pleased with the game, especially with mods, and I think the $40 I paid was a reasonable price. I think Taleworlds should just bite the bullet and reduce the MSRP to $40 and then raise it incrementally.
  6. holydave

What small Quality of Life improvements would you want TW to implement?

-sort troops by class (I was dead sure it would be in Bannerlord after not being in Warband, I guess not)

This, it's just inexplicable that this isn't in the game. Inventory sorting is excellent, why not the party too?
  7. holydave

Patch Notes e1.0.4

I know money doesn't grow on trees.

I appreciate the sentiment but your comment does insult my intelligence somewhat. I can't afford an SSD but I think it's quite sad if that's the only solution to some pretty ridiculous loading times.
  8. holydave

Terrible performance

I tried all the tips in this forum to increase performance with minimal results. Today I increased my ram from 8 gb to 24gb. The difference is night and day! I can conform That for the moment, 8gb is not enough to enjoy the combat.

I'm running an 8gb system and after process lasso and the latest patch, stuttering during battles is almost totally gone. YMMV of course. Loading times are still killing me though.
  9. holydave

Patch Notes e1.0.4

This patch seems to have almost totally fixed the stuttering for me. I didn't realise how much it was getting me down, makes the load times more bearable for me now.

I do think loading times have increased dramatically though - town scenes are taking 50-60 seconds now when before the latest patch they were 30-40 seconds. Might just be my system though, or maybe I'm just visiting the wrong towns!
  10. holydave

Terrible performance

Im running on a 3 years old gaming laptop, 1050ti with just 4gb, so probably weaker than your rig. I'm running in maximum graphic details without any issue, game is very smooth, absolutly no problem (and i am really surprised because Warband cant match the performance of Bannerlord on my rig).
    So i would say update your drivers maybe.

Well that settles it then.
  11. holydave

Roadmap

It released as e1.0.0, aka v1 of Early Access, not V1 of the actual complete game.
    These little letters are important, don't just ignore them because it suits you argument. They have already stated numerous times that there are a bunch of features that will be implemented before full release, so calm down.

I stand corrected and I certainly hope you're right. For the record I'm always pretty calm.
  12. holydave

Ehh refunded it.

The difference here is that OP bought back the game after. So this topic should have been locked or deleted by him, since irrelevant now.

Check here :

But we're still talking.
  13. holydave

Roadmap

It released onto early access as version 1.0.0.0. Roadmap will be bugfix and paid DLC, can't see them adding anything drastic.
  14. holydave

Ehh refunded it.

The only thing I can think of is that you start noticing flaws you were blind to before.

That's a devastating line. I don't think it's just that though - people are very protective of Taleworlds and rightly so to some extent. It's also very easy to correlate people criticising the game with people who are just hating on it because the same language is often used.
  15. holydave

The game so far...

Which is ironic irl given I have played this game because I had to stay at home with fever and a cough and look at a couple of weeks in my four walls...

I'm sorry to hear that, hope you get well soon.
Back
Top Bottom