Recent content by Hister

1. Viking Conquest on steam

First see if you can add/activate your Warband on Steam. If you can there won't be any problems.

I had a problem like that. I owned Warband but could not activate it on Steam due to the format of product key I got from that vendor. Since my pre-purchased VC needed Warband activated on Steam I had to buy Warband anew. It sucked.
  2. Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

Ooooh right! Forgot about the Picts! I highly doubt they actually had them though. Not that I wouldn't trust excellent historians in devs team but it just,seems strange to me why this crossbow wouldn't be copied by others at the time if it was of any good use. Maybe the depiction is showing a different bow horizontally positioned?

Ok, I know we won't get to bottom of this but if general historian consent is that those sere indeed crossbows then I won't be restless any more.  :razz:
  3. Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

Shouldn't the crossbow entry be eliminated from the game anyway? Hope there aren't any crossbows present in the game. Or are they?
  4. How to win a fight with Thiaderd in campaign?

Well, I managed to win with 8 Frisian spearmen and 19 villagers. Had to lower my,own damage to easiest and that of my troops to easy. BTW, how does changing battle and campaign AI in settings affect gameplay? I have it both set at good. Should I change it? Never played much Warband/Brytenwalda thus I wouldn't know.

I ordered my troops to follow me. Then I ran away from the enemy towards the hills. When my troops gathered at the foot of the hills (don't know why they didn't want to follow me all the way up?) I ordered that to stand ground and go closer. Disorganised enemy plunged into us but eventually all died. I managed to kill around 3 of them if I'm not mistaken.

Told that stupid companion of mine who brought me to Frisian rebels that I basically abused his thrust 'cos I don't wanna have a liability that he is amongs us. Hope that was a right choice. :/
  5. Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

Getting the error message when I ask a lord if he has any tasks for me too.  :razz:
  6. How to win a fight with Thiaderd in campaign?

I did it. Thank you all for the advice. Yeeeeey! :grin:
  7. How to win a fight with Thiaderd in campaign?

Ok, thank you a lot guys!

I'm still rather clumsy when it come to controlling your troops and this particular mission gives you no time for preparations. I will go with an older save or start anew with lower difficulty setting.

What does slower battles setting actually do?
  8. How to win a fight with Thiaderd in campaign?

I am playing the campaign and am attacked by Thiaderd and his men as a first major fight you get into. My group and myself in the process get slaughtered (tried many times now). How do I tackle this problem? How many men of what quality am I suppose to roughly have to be able to have winning...
  9. Your personal Viking Conquest rating (X out of 10)

- No Dane long axe, or throwing axe.
    It wasn't in existence at the time as far as I know.
  10. Thank you for the DLC.. :)

Have faith people, I am 100% that all the things badly requested from the users will be taken care off in due time.
  11. How to rotate the camera after being knocked out?

I also report this - sometimes it works and sometimes the camera is completely locked aside from A S W D keys. Can't use the mouse.
  12. BUG Reports v 1.39 (Read first page before post)

I joined a lord (freelancer) and then was asked after battle what to do with the dead people - I also got a lot of money and was able to choose equipment freely. I am not supposed to be able to do that as the lowest rank soldier - needs fixing.
  13. News 1.39: Release 02 of january 2012

Great news then - will be on my PC in half an hour.
  14. Living Brytenwalda: Real pictures

Well yes - it is a waste to loose the golden metals on the shield. Such a shield would probably be used only for representative purposes.  :grin:
Back
Top Bottom