Recent content by Hinotori

1. Mount and Blade: Warband won't launch

I'm having this issue.

I recently installed on a new computer.

When I try to launch the game from Steam, the Launcher doesn't even show up.

I've verified the cache, restarted, checked DirectX and drivers, reinstalled... nothing.

Considering I put almost 500 hours into the game before, this is extremely frustrating.
  2. POP 3 Cheats - Warning: May spoil or crash your game!

Hey, Sylke, this is a bit off-topic, but I think this is what you're looking for: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130287.msg3142512.html#msg3142512

I was looking for them too. :smile:
  3. An End and a Beginning

A deathly silence covered the crowd. The assembled men stood sternly at attention, their worried faces the only evidence of the anxiety that gripped each and every one of them. Nearby, the mass of tied down horses neighed and bristled nervously, noisily expressing what their riders did not...
  4. Enemies Joining Battle

The issue here really has nothing to do with difficulty. I always play at the maximum difficulty possible, and I typically wipe my save whenever I get defeated. If the game was simply too hard, I'd just turn it down. On the contrary, the issue is that the mechanic seems unfair and doesn't make much sense logically.

noosers, I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't really work out that way in practice. The AI isn't actually sophisticated enough to throw skirmishers at you. Almost every time the "join battle" mechanic occurs, it's when my party is chasing a smaller one, not vice versa. Furthermore, even if the enemy did throw skirmisher parties at me as a deliberate holding tactic, exactly how long do you think they'd survive? In real time, my battles are over in less than five minutes. Even if we're generous and assume that the battle takes longer than that, I'd be hard pressed to believe that some huge army covers several miles to attack me from the very beginning without even giving me a chance to retreat. This is especially true since my army is almost always much faster than whatever army joins my battles.

If I was given a time limit or something similar to defeat my enemies before the next wave arrives, thus simulating the distance they're covering, then I'd think it'd be a great feature. Unfortunately, I don't think the engine allows for that possibility, and, as it is, it's just frustrating.
  5. Enemies Joining Battle

SCGavin said:
    It's quite unrealistic though, if a 400-men-strong party joins a skirmish in a matter of seconds. That army needs to march to the battlefield first and by that time a skirmish would be already over. Even smaller parties can't immediately join the site of a skirmish, if it's too far away. So maybe the distance in which enemies are able to join a battle should be lowered.

This.

I should have mentioned it, but this is definitely one of the things that bothers me about the mechanic the most. Not only can armies join battle outside your spotting range, but you're not given any warning or option to avoid the conflict once you find out they're within range. Combined with the fact that you often can't flee, even if your party's map speed is much higher than your enemies', and you can find yourself unavoidably in a hell of an unfortunate predicament.
  6. Enemies Joining Battle

I did a search and couldn't find a relevant topic, so if this has been covered thoroughly before, feel free to ignore this thread. That being said, as much as I'm enjoying PoP, I'm being intensely irritated by bandits, heretics, raiders, and other pains in the ass joining battles that I've...
  7. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Hey folks, I was just wondering if anyone saw my last question.

Hinotori said:
    Is it possible to tweak the game so that you can enter battle without your troops?

Specifically, when it asks you whether to order your men to attack, send them in without you, or surrender/leave, it'd be nice if there were another option to have your troops let you go in alone. Ideally, if you win, you'd get the appropriate renown for defeating the enemy single-handedly.
  8. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Is it possible to tweak the game so that you can enter battle without your troops?

Specifically, when it asks you whether to order your men to attack, send them in without you, or surrender/leave, it'd be nice if there were another option to have your troops let you go in alone. Ideally, if you win, you'd get the appropriate renown for defeating the enemy single-handedly.
  9. M&B Hotseat (Multiplayer) Game 2

I'm going to have to bow out, unfortunately. I'm having some computer trouble, and I'm not sure I'll be able to play again by the time my turn is up.
  10. Us 2008 presidential election.

No matter what happens from here on out, last night was a historic night.

As someone who has shed real tears over the plight of my country, I look to the future with cautious optimism, and with a healthy dose of hope.

I did vote for Obama, but more important than the man himself or his policies is what he represents. As it stands, Obama will not have many options regarding the problems facing this nation, and neither would McCain. But overnight, I've seen attitudes change across the world. I've seen the cynic rejoice, and the spiteful take hope. That is something McCain could never do, and that is why I voted Obama.

It's a long, painful road ahead of us. But maybe, just maybe, we can begin to repair the damage we've left in our wake.

11. M&B Hotseat (Multiplayer) Game 2

Hey, I signed up at the bottom of page 3. Hope I wasn't too late.
  12. M&B Hotseat (Multiplayer) Game 2

Sign me up again.  :smile:
  13. Mount and Blade hotseat game (multiplayer)

If this is restarted, please let us play as short as we like. This will allow people to hop on, get some play time in, and pass the game along without dragging it out. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure a lot of people would be content to participate even for just a few game days or so. I have a hunch that the fact that each player has such a long turn is tripping people up. That said, in my opinion, long turns are fine as long as the person's regularly updating and playing.
  14. what's the purpose of the "retire from adventure" option?

More specifically, here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,47399.0.html

Retirement is just to give yourself a little epilogue if you're finished with your game (or if you want to check how you're doing). It doesn't serve any mechanical purpose.
  15. Battlefield "invisible walls"

There was a thread a while back that advocated the option of adding visible boundaries. I supported it and still do. Alternatively, some kind of warning when you're getting too far from the battle would work as well.

Next to trees, the map edges are my number one cause of fatality.  :mad:
Back
Top Bottom