Recent content by highsis

1. Version 0.27 (Dev) Feedback - Latest Patch 0.27.3 (pending)

After a few years away, I installed M&B again last night. I easily obtained Silverstag from the Nexus. :smile:

The latest is 0.30.something that should be available in one of the threads in this forum, but I recommend 0.27.1 updated to 0.27.2 instead, it is the less bugged version it seems, although I personally have never thoroughly played 0.30 myself, I do have it installed recently and will try it out sometime.
    [/QUOTE]
    What version of M&B do you use? Does Silverstag 0.27.2 work with the steam version?
  2. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

kalarhan said:
    highsis said:
    Where are spotting +1 and tracking +1 bonuses coming from?

are you talking about party bonus? Remember that party skills gets a bonus if your character has enough points (from +1 to +4).

If not there are other ways to get skills bonus, like having a dog, certain number of special troops on your party, etc. So you would need to check your current character/party.

Yes, these two were bonuses from a dog. Thanks!
  3. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Where are spotting +1 and tracking +1 bonuses coming from?

I was playing the story campaign, and curious of the origin of these stat bonuses, I dumped all my items, disbanded all my troops.

My character was still receiving these bonuses. Are these from companions? If so, who is the source, and why do I get these bonuses?
  4. Do camp followers return if sent away/refused?

kalarhan said:

Thank you for the answer. I will use that thread for questions in the future.
  5. Do camp followers return if sent away/refused?

If I had refused them choosing "No, This is an army, not a puppet show" option, would I later get another chance to have them with my army again? What if I had sent them away while my army size were above 300? I want to know this because I need to travel fast right now but I will require their...
  6. I wish the developers had made working in farm and mine easier.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    Hi highsis,

Unfortunately We stopped developing/changing so I'm sorry to tell It won't happens. However We will fix the coins issue :razz:

Thank you.

I'm sad to hear that, but thank you nonetheless. I hope you guy keep making games like this because Viking Conquest is realization of many improvements I wished for while playing Warband. It deserves far more attention than it is getting.
  7. Why does my relation with random lord deteriorate?

kalarhan said:
    relation can increase/decrease depending on several factors and events, some connected to the storyline and others to sandbox.

check your message log (in-game), it may have some hints.

also remember the game tends to balance it out to a neutral position (so relations tend to zero over time), unless you do stuff to push them to positive/negative.

if you feel something is not working properly you can visit the support section and create a thread there. Include your rgl_log.txt, savegame, description of what is happening, info on your computer, if you use any tweaks/cheats/etc

Thanks  :grin:
  8. Is the old save 100% compatible with the new update release on 12th this month?

kalarhan said:
    updates are savegame compatible

Thank you. I was wondering if I have to start a new game to get all the changes. Sometimes it happens in other games and patch notes often intentionally omit it.
  9. Is the old save 100% compatible with the new update release on 12th this month?

I didn't even know there was an update. I already have a save I'm playing but before I progress further I want to know if there is a change not compatible with old saves. Are there fixes/updates that require me to start a new game bar story quests you've already completed?
  10. Why does my relation with random lord deteriorate?

I'm playing the storymode, but I haven't progressed story after recruiting Reginhard and finishing the rebel leader. I'm yet to report to the Jarl. (no spoilers after that please) I'm 60 days in, I don't belong to any factions. I didn't fight in ANY wars. My relation with all factions are 0...
  11. [Bug Report] 2.036 - Farm and Mine work minor bug

This is something minor. I would like to report this bug with a bit of a suggestion related to it, too. When you try to work in a farm or mine, the first time you ask to work, you don't get the working equipment. You simply retain whatever weapons/shield you were wearing. You have to exit the...
  12. [Bug Report] 2.036 - Pre-battle 'Leave' option when it should be 'Surrender'

https://imgur.com/Co8Ehde This is the pre-battle screen after I was attacked by a viking bandit group. I only had companions with me. I should have a 'surrender' option but not 'leave' option. However, I am allowed leave as if I was the one who started the combat and I am not allowed to...
  13. Able to avoid Vikingarnir bandits - oversight?

Come to think of it, definitely a bug.

This time I had my entire party injured and this vikings were on my tail. Everytime they caught up the only option I had was 'leave' as opposed to surrender, which meant my relationship with sea raider faction went from -15 to -100 while I constantly left them with -3 accumulating. This can't be correct.

Alright, I'm not going to use this option unless I was the one was initiated battle.
  14. Able to avoid Vikingarnir bandits - oversight?

I hate using exploits. In my current play-through I was captured by bandits and released with only 3 of my companions left. I still had cargo full of trade goods and much money. Danish Elite Vikingarnir bandits caught up to me but everytime they did that I was able to simply 'leave' the battle...
  15. Any way to help braindead AI?

I hate it so much when a kingdom that lasted hundreds of years before the game start gets wiped out 2 weeks after I started the game. This happens quite frequently and I wish territorial change is less frequent with more penalties in the offensive. This was more apparent in Warband as there are...
Back
Top Bottom