Recent content by hieronymos2

1. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Windows 10 says "This app can't run on your PC". Tried running it as Admin; but same error shows. Has Win 10 morphed so much that Morgh's editor is now incompatible? I've used Morgh's on prior rigs to tweak PoP, VC:R, and probably a half-dozen other Warband mods. Am I doing something wrong? Morgh, please saaaave me! ...fortunately, I've got old copies of items.txt and other files I tweaked for VC:R. Hope they still work.
  2. [Poll-Debate Area-feedback] Arrow flight trajectories

I'd really like parabolic (realistic) arrow flight in BL; but the current dumbed-down version is no doubt more practical for TW to market and actually implement in game. As technoSarge referred to above, there actually is parabolic flight--but only horizontally, as a result of rapid lateral movement.

The main objection I've had to parabolic flight in games (Skyrim? Prophecy of Pendor? Viking Conquest?..I can't specifically remember) is being able to actually visually track the arrow's flight; instead of merely seeing the hit or miss, and not knowing with a miss whether I'd over- or under-shot.
  3. Should be able to marry your child

The OP has a point, in that challenging social taboos--or at least questioning them--deserves a place in gaming. Homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, cold-blooded murder, vampirism, cannibalism, cheating on ones' income tax, and voting Republican are all fair topics for debate, imo.

But regarding incest in particular, the social taboos arose, imo, from the very real genetic consequences of heterosexual unions that produce offspring. There's a reason the Royal Houses of Europe are all barking mad haemophiliacs. Who would want to doom their children to such a fate?
  4. fiture of bannerlord story mode

I'd say that if you can do the latter, wanting the first is at minimum scat fetishist.
    Salty indeed! Viking Conquest Reforged storyline, while interesting and somewhat compelling in that it was also more difficult than Sandbox (for me anyway), was always buggy as hell. Which is the ultimate buzzkill. Nothing like frequent ctd's to kill a title; which is presumably why TW is now--rightfully--so focused on improving stability.

But balancing the existential emptiness of pure Sandbox with the programming-intensive context of busy questlines will always keep Devs up at night. Not every franchise can nail it as masterfully as did Witcher3.
  5. Limiting high tier troops to reflect medieval reality

It probably has to be the high-tier troops going away first and foremost
    I guess I'm stuck on the concept of 'disbanding the fyrd' to send the common folk back to their farms and workshops. But disbanding at least some higher tier troops is of course necessary *sigh*. But considering the massive casualty rates in AI parties--with veterans wiped out and replaced with recruits on a regular basis--it doesn't seem there would be many elites or even veterans to demobilize.
  6. Limiting high tier troops to reflect medieval reality

They get, at most, 19 troops on spawn, two extra recruiting slots (like playing on Very Easy recruitment) and a mild bonus to daily XP gains for their troops. Their upkeep isn't reduced at all.
    Then they're getting an income bonus. At one point Dionicos in my current 1.5.4 playthrough hold only Lageta, with tax income of around 1,700 (?); but supported five war parties totaling >600 troops (admittedly mostly low & medium tier infantry). Maybe I'm wrong about total force upkeep, as I didn't do a complete tally, but it seems they're getting financial buffs.
  7. the importance of mariage

You get about 30 or 40 + relation with the Clan your spouse comes from
    What version are you playing? In my current 1.5.4main campaign, marrying Phaea netted me much more than that--it jumped to 100%--from next to nothing.
  8. 1.5.5 - a few issues

this.AddProductions(this.VillageTypeWheatFarm, new ValueTuple<string, float>[]=Grain Farm
    How do you differentiate WheatFarm from Grain villages on main map? Or are they now the same?
  9. Reddit Referral Re: Clans and Kingdoms

In 1.5.3 and now 1.5.4 it seems the main variables affecting Clan recruitment cost are Rep and Fiefs. And oddly, the cost of recruiting a Clan during peace--when they bring zero fiefs--is same as during war. Obviously, charm skill discounts--but I'm unsure how much. Clan level seems to up the cost as well. Can't tell if military strength of the clan matters; but they're usually pretty battered and/or with mainly low-tier troops when I make the pitch.

With 129 charm:
    Price of a fellow Imperial landless clan with zero rep was >2,600,000
    Price of a single castle fellow Imperial clan with 98 rep was <300,000

And obviously most of the price was paid with smithed weapons (only got the landed clan, btw).

Building clan rep makes the player-as-badass-merc phase of the middle game so important, doing catch-and-release with as many nobles as possible of target factions.

After establishing a kingdom, and declaring peace with whatever faction you took from, time your next war declaration to when you're adjacent to the next target lord you want to recruit.
  10. How to Avoid Save Corruption? Anybody Know?

The hypothesis here is that a corrupted game with or without mods is unstable and will crash frequently; or at least more often than one uncorrupted. Does anyone know precisely or even have a strong guess what vanilla actions, events, etc. will corrupt a save? Other than frequent crashing, is...
  11. Limiting high tier troops to reflect medieval reality

ome programming or something could be done I guess
    As far as I can tell, like in Warband mods, the AI cheats like hell when it comes to spawning lord parties, their levelling, recruitment and upkeep. In 1.5.4 they also seem to starve a lot less than in 1.5.3

But some scripting is definitely needed to help lords transition economically from war to peacetime force levels to avoid going bust when the presumptive war taxes are nixed.
  12. the importance of mariage

Don't know if this is mentioned re: marriage, but when I marry Phaea--my current fave Imperial gal--my rep with her faction jumps to like 100%. Which makes recruiting her Clan easily & cheaply during the next war with the Western Empire a slam dunk.

As in real life realpolitik, selecting a mate because of who their family are is muy importante. In other words, finding a mate whose clan owns a lot of real estate, and has numerous members capable of leading armies is a very good idea. But there's also a correlation between how much real estate the clan owns and how high their price is to join you. Phaea is a good choice because the Dionicos hold only Lageta, lvl3 fortification + high(ish) prosperity--meaning it's hard for either AI or player to take--and also start with one lvl1 castle.

As in Warband, I never consider playing as a vassal--going straight for Kingdom status. But if going the vassal route is your thing, it might be more useful marrying into a faction's ruling clan; e.g. Ara.

Later in development, raising of kids to continue your legacy will be important; but is currently not implemented.
  13. Limiting high tier troops to reflect medieval reality

lords still sometimes go broke in peacetime, without loot to supplement their income
    Which is at it should be...Until the Devs program some sort of cogent post-war demobilization order. Like, where lords immediately disband any non-elite of lvl2 or 1 to bring upkeep in line with income.
  14. Limiting high tier troops to reflect medieval reality

Agree. I have always disliked the fact that with the price of a single high tier armor from the shop can instead buy you an entire army of elite troops because of the low recruitment, upgrade and upkeep costs.

I like how CK3 has really expensive mercenary armies that you can't maintain forever, and levies which slowly make your vassals angry at you if you have them raised too long. Isn't it unrealistic to have massive armies just walking about in peacetime in bannerlord? It should be more expensive, and the game needs more money sinks so it would serve that aswell.
    Completely agree with both points.

The cost of levelling--especially for T5/6/7 and their expensive gear--will need to look something more like that in Viking Conquest, where it was the single largest player expense, bar none. Upping elite tier levelling costs will also by default extend the middle part of the game arc where the player is a merc, as battle loot is pretty much the only way to generate the capital needed to build up a large force of elites.

But upkeep of the Player army--which for me is pretty close to all elites when I choose to declare war on a target faction and start a kingdom--is basically a force of Condottieri, elite mercs, whose upkeep is provided during war by contracts and signing bonuses. And during the hopefully short periods of peace, by business investments.

The armies of feudal levies the AI so regularly employs would indeed be sharply limited by proximity to harvest; and in any case degrade relations between vassals-->lords, and when abused result in high desertion rates (a concept not yet modeled in Bannerlord).

I like to think of Calradia like the Carthaginian empire, where feudal conscripts & household elites mixed with veteran mercenary troops--who would violently revolt when not paid..
  15. Stupid, stupid AI

For the immersively inclined, suggestions on how to model how Player might actually assess enemy force composition:

1) Ratio of player Light Cavalry to AI's: light cav--even in hilly/forested terrain--was the premier source of field intelligence, with their (fast) mounts able to penetrate enemy picket lines to nip in close to an army on the march to do head counts of each troop type, then flee back to own force. Relative strength of enemy light cavalry was chief determinant in effectiveness; while combat experience played a significant role, allowing scouts to assess bearing, condition of equipment, adherence to marching order, etc. of observed force. [for playbalance, light cav was usually less useful in large engagements due to poor armor.]

2) Spies (with access to courier): who could reveal detailed description of troop types and force levels of garrison, or of an army that passed within observation distance. Brytenwalda mod had a Spy feature that was (unfortunately) dropped for Viking Conquest.

3) Specialized Scout Infantry: some civilizations had specialized foot (and horse) scouts operating solo or in very small units, that were precursors to modern Scout-Snipers, LRRP's, etc. who would communicate observations back to base with carrier pigeons, smoke signals, etc.

4) Field Officer "Trickster" Skill: an attempt to quantify historical attempts (and successes) of generals to make their force appear larger--or smaller--to the enemy, mislead as to its actual location, its battle readiness, supply levels, etc.

Modelling these variables in game could be challenging, but they all break down into variables that mask force strength, and those that reveal it. Bannerlord already has party tracks interpretation (dependant on scout skill) for determining party size.
Back
Top Bottom