Recent content by heckani

1. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Stavros said:
    Haku 10 said:
    Sarin said:
    Brew said:
    Could the higher level +30 companions start with a guarunteed amount of training skill of 2 or so and Lethal with 1 or 2, as I all too often find them with 0 training skill and Lethal is unlikley to ever gain a level and he is important for training your CKO
    Definitely second this. Last time I played PoP I chose the party without Leth for this reason. Like most high level companions in most mods, he doesn't have any decent trainer skill, and doesn't have any level 10 party skills nor can he get any, making him nothing more but highly expensive elite unit.

It is really easy ( and OP) to hire Donavan as a companion and use his to train troops up insanely fast.
    I also always pick Ansen, he is level 1 and every time I play by the end of the game where I start a kingdom he has 10 in every intelligence skill and then I can still start to level up another attribute and skills. I just love him. He is a bit OP IMO.

Get persuasion 10 and you can keep all the companions. Much easier. Then you can have a few fighters if you so desire aswell.  In regards to Leth, then in my games he always gets 1-2 levels, or more. Even you don´t do anything crazy he really should do level up at some point, he´s not über high level afterall. And I think him not having trainer is fair, since he´d be too good. Besides him as a unit is great early game where he can solo armies and really do a ton of work. To both have him be a trainer and a high level unit will be alot. Even so if he had trainer, he won´t really give much training xp, and if you want to use him to train high level units, then again they need so much xp so he doesnt really help much.

2. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Ralyks said:
    Gorvex said:
    For a more detailed list, have a look at the Wikia (although that doesn't have the exact chances for Elacrai's tournament rewards either):
    http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/3.9_Full_Changelog

Wait... what?

I have there written 3.8 chances, 3.9 chances and even a link explaining the trophy system that was implemented time ago but dismissed...

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Elacrai, click expand to see the 3.9, but soon I'll be removing the 3.8 one and making the 3.9 one the only one in the page, wikia holds memory of changes, meaning you can load and visualize older pages if you still want to give it another go at the actual release and check the 3.8 chances after 3.9 is out.

That´s interesting when looking at the 3.9 stuff. Missed that earlier.

Seems like it´s way better now. Yet those armours etc, seems a bit wasted. I can buy that or get that other places, and have my blacksmith upgrade it. So I don´t care for winning those items at all.

A horse is especially tempting, but to get a horse that matters, would need to be a champion. And then we´re in the 0,2 * 0,2* * 0,15 = 0,006 * 100 --- so we have a merely 0,6% chance of this happening. I dont like save scumming, especially not on realistic, but here you have to count on luck entirely, extreme luck that is.

The weapons, bows etc. They can be neglected by going for rune weapons, for you and your companions. A few qualis gems are far easier to get.

Imo the changes are better than before, but personally I couldn´t care less about the helmets, boots, weapons etc - because there are other ways, while the horse. That is nearly the only way, perhaps theres better luck just raiding the noldors and hoping to get one in battle.

Thats why i prefer the trophy system - simply because luck I dont like to count on it - it is a tournament of course, and should be fun and random. But I dont think the the changes will affect how much the players care as they can get a hold on the stuff in other, easier ways, and the stuff they want, is still very hard to get, even if winning 100 tournaments. You still wont statistically have the noldor champion spirit horse. You need to do approx 167 tournaments to 100% win the horse. I can see myself doing 120-150 perhaps, but then we´ll be by day 5000 or so. I guess luck is just what needs to be counted on. At least the qualis gem is still 20% thats good news.  :iamamoron:

TL:grin:R I´m never lucky.  :facepalm: I´ll have to go to the forums to enjoy other people being lucky with their loot from tourneys :mrgreen:
  3. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Evvv said:
    There's a difference between 'being able to lose' and 'being unable to win'.
    theres a saying. playing not to lose or playing to win.

i can explain but playing to win means you often risk losing in a humiliating fashion. while pkaying nit to lose is merely procastination. you see it often in computer pvp games
  4. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Sarin said:
    heckani said:
    tons of bulls*hit

Honestly that kind of reaction deserves a warning at best.
    “someone with a different opinion than mine deserves a warning. good job
    also you saying honestly indicates everything else you say is bs and a lie. look it up under research onpeople who say that.

and you call what i say bs because i say pop is easy lol and cant be made impossible in regards to the changes listed
    good job saying thats bs when its the truth if you claim what i said is not true show me the exact vpchange from the changelog that would make it impossible

you didnt. so all you said was just whine out your fkn feelings without a proper argument. good job. also what have you contributed? look it up i made the most in depth trade guide to pop. its still here. you on the other hand just decided to turn this topic into a therapy session. if anyone should get a warning its you. your post was empty and useless. mine is not.

anyway enough of that, back to the topic.

thanks konrad for clarifying. that makes alot of sense. technicalities like that icould really suck if that wasnt tested. so awesome job and thanks to the beta testers.  :party:
  5. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

k0nr@d said:
    Betatesters have just proven that it is possible to beat the game without cheats or artificial help, which was the main concern of 3.9.
    Thats silly. Why would it be impossible to beat the game lol. PoP have always been extremly easy. Yes it´s hard when you don´t know the mod, like any mod is. After that it´s a joke. Battlesize 500+ and full hardest settings, always been easy. Even with challenges and limits and all sort of crap. You cannot lose in warband.

Use that brainy bots mod too, it´s still easy. Archery and everything is easy. No archery, get your own archers, everything is easy, get cko, it´s easy, get trading its easy.

No idea why beta testers was needed to prove it´s needed. I cannot see how POP could be made so it´s impossible to beat. It´d be nice if there was an extreme challenge mod.

What I´ve done is throw all items + all clothes away, and limited myself to only peasant units, usually sarleon in old versions - crappy units, no ko´s no nothing, no special stuff -and its still just a matter of time.

The only way to make it impossible would be to put a timer on it, and then stop the player from doing cheesing tactics -- which can be seen as cheating if you are cheesing, but thats not needed either.

This is good news though as alot of people has talked about POP 3.9 being way harder, though I highly doubt that, people always exaagerate, and they love throwing the words impossible around. Don´t believe me? Just checked how many times I just used it  :lol:

I dont know who had a concern for 3.9 being impossible - but whoever that is, they most likely never accomplished anything in life that was hard to do. Sounds like a quitter loser mentality. If you´re a winner you dont care if the opponents are division 1 and you´redivision 6, or if its "unfair", you just find a way to win. And we humans excel in that. We adapt, learn and we become versatile.

POP is the game thats so hard in the beginning, but after that turns into being very easy because of how you can manipulate everything to your advantage. I hope 3.9 will provide some new oppertuntiies to make it harder, as people say, but i really doubt it, and to hear some people had concerns of it not being possible to beat. That´s just odd, none of the changes i´ve seen makes it impossible. You can´t lose in the game. Just a matter of time before you win.
  6. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

MitchyMatt said:
    Tournaments are as they are in 3.8. No more trophy system.

If you win, you get rewards.

Except if you try reloading a save right before the tournament if you are unhappy about the rewards, the rewards will not change. They are, randomly, pre-determined. You have no idea what they are unless you win, reload, and refuse the tournament knowing the reward.

The rewards are better than 3.8 in the next version.

Alright, I checked the percentages and right now if the wiki is correct its 20% for qualis gem, and 1% for masterwork noldor sword, 1% for masterwork. noldor bow etc. seeing as theres no way to improve weapons as you can with armour to lordly, it would be nice with a way if being able to accuire such goodies like masterworks and champion noldor horses etc without depending on extreme luck. so it sounded pretty good to me with a trophy system to guarantee that you get what you want. 100 tournaments right now to statistically get these things.

When will there be more info on how these rewards? Will there be higher chances to get gems, masterworks etc? Wish there was blacksmith or qualis potion you could buy to enchance the weapons. The rune weapons are already sorta magic like so perhaps doesnt fit...but a blacksmith like the ko castle would be nide, just for weapons too
  7. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Anyone has an update on how the tournament in Elacrai will be in the new version 9 of pop? I see the trohpy system was dropped, but not entirely sure about what replaced it. Been trying to read through 40-50 pages but haven´t located it, any hints?

Trophy system to me sounds good, just because thats solid, but very interrested in what too kits place and still prevented save-scumming.
  8. Is there a way to show kill counts of soldiers?

bobknight said:
    Do you mean each TYPE of soldier? or each individual one? I support implementation of the former, but the latter is kind of dumb.

Well it could be cool to see if you had one badass one that got like 50 kills lol. But in general it´d be a big mess. So the former would be fine. But many people just mass heavy cav and they get the kills anyway so not much point. But the more data the better why not.
  9. Best Human Units?

KO´s CKO`s and cavalry are just so boring though, infantry/archer armies more diverse and fun, if youre gonna go cavalry i prefer a super powerful custom made cko that makes every other order look pathetic  :mrgreen:
  10. How to keep UllrVetr's bow in the regular way?

I usually just sell it quickly for a profit. What is so special about it and suprior compared to qualis gem rune bows? is it as good as a standard none upgraded rune bow?
  11. Best Human Units?

Sellswords.

Good now that´s settled.  :grin:
  12. 3.8 Balance Suggestion

mniezo said:
    I do not care about vikings, romans or scots. they should not be in pendor.
    i care about fierds and raves and empire. that green zone of the map in my role play should be a land of throwing axe and crushing skull. think of it that way, not „history says this is wrong because vikings or spartans” kind of way. if fierds are vikings, what are noldors?

"my role play"

Well then go do it as the above poster said. I dont care for your wishes or anyone here posting their suggestions without proper thought behind it. Go make it a land of skull crushing and axe throwing.

You have to remove both legionaries, gladiators and huscalrs if you do not want any form of roman/norse units. Fierdsvain is clearly norse based, even fif its a loreo r other story, sure you can change things in that regard, but you´re making up new ruels saying they are this and that, that others might not agree with.

For me i want the fierdsvain to be as whatever the developers make it to. i dont care, i´ll adapt. thats what humans excel at. adapting and versatility, which is also what made the romans so great.

But if you want specific units, go do it, its not all too hard, you can do whatever you like :smile: but please dont force it on others. and noldors are pointy eared stinking elven turds that needs an ebony bolt between their eyes.  :razz:
  13. 3.8 Balance Suggestion

mniezo said:
    What i would do is perhaps crazy.
    But i would take the bow out of the fierds archers.
    I would give them a special set of throwing axes at about 20 supply and huge damage.
    This fits the lore, the fierds become more compact and even more hardcore infantry-wise. And makes wonders for role-playing.

This means that fierds will have to be more eager to engage hand to hand combat, supported by axe throwers. They are fishermen, why would they even have bows?

Also, i disagree with improving the ravenstern and all other units, i mean, why? the purpose is exactly this, for every faction to be different and specific. Except for fierds who perhaps need one more castle out of dsahr and closer to windholm, for better protection. Why would you want the highlanders which are so tanky to run fast? slow them down. Slow down all two handers except for berserkers and dshar.. trust the lore!

So please, stop thinking about effectively balancing factions, but rather creating bigger gaps between their interpretation of warfare.

Please do not speak of things you know nothing about. The vikings used bows because they acknowledged they needed to, to effectively coutner enemy archers. They did find it a cowardly weapon yes, but saying they´re "fishermen" so why do they have bows..they were much more than fishermen, they were world reknowed explorers, and excellent traders.

This is all fantasy, you can base all the stuff you want on it, but the fierdsvain with 20 axes is much more unrealistic. When did you hear about vikings having 20 axes in their belts to throw? The sheer weight of that would be very troublesome to carry.

Also no matter how balanced this mod would be people would keep suggesting this and that. Unfortuantely sometimes those suggestions are listeneed to and good games and mods ruined..Not saying things cant be imrpvoed. im fine with how the mod is, i dont care if its changed, i like it how it is now, not constant 24// "we can´t make up our mind" changes. Make your changes and keep it that way, do some proper testing.

Its very annoying when mods and games changes extremly much, feels like a waste of time having gotten used to something  and like they cant make up their mind.
    If the mod really annoys some people so much they have the urge to overhaul everything, then do so, but not all the time, because not all will be satisfied and it´ll never happen.

And yes for the love of this mod, dont make every faction 1005 the same and buff all their weak points..then there would be no point in having different factions other than for colours.
  14. Infinite Camp

annallia said:
    I have done this a few times just to see how things play out.

Near as I can tell the only outcome even remotely set in stone (though there were exceptions) was Swadia gets their butts kicked.

Well swadia shares their borders with more factions than any other so it makes sense.
  15. Defenders bodyblocked in siege defence

Heika said:
    That's the thing though; I feel that my troops don't actually get any real advantage from being on the walls because they all get in the way.

Well the advantage usually lies in them only being able to come at you 1-2 at a time if its a siege ladder, while you´ll have plenty of men on the wall so make sure they do not get any foot hold on the wall, that way you´ll have a big advantage as you´ll have more men able to hit theirs than they have to hit you at once, you might have 5+ guys hitting them.

A good thing is to NEVER ordr your archers in a siege, otherwise they will leave their positions, this unless you have grouped your archers, so you can have XX archers hold on tower and then order YYY archers to hold another tower, that or as you said hold down on the ground, but depending o nhow may archers you have ordering all your archerds to hold in one tower will jsut make a mess.

Usually i just order "infantry charge, cavalry charge" and leave the archers. If i really need to move them i do it after a tower is very depleted and then put my archer s into the best tower, its very hard to find a good spot for them so sometiems you have to say "hold psotion" many times to get them in a good formation. But if you have too many then its a mess, thats why grouping aarchers can be good for sieges. But usualyl leaving them be, and then have infantry+cavalry charing should be a huge advantage for you.

If you feel they bodyblck each other too much and you get too many casualties you might have troops with bad weapons for siege fighting or i dont know, as you really should have the advantage.
Back
Top Bottom