Recent content by Havokk7

1. Introduction/Hello thread

And kudos from here in New Zealand.

I particularly like the little touches. The way horses drag bodies for a few meters. The way fighting at night is difficult. The way Khergiot Raiders never stop following you. No, wait, that last one isn't on my "like" list…

I'm 35. I've been playing computer games for, umm, lets just say a long time. I've never been in a reenactment society nor have I ever been to a Silly Costume Association meeting (though I have enough friends and aquaintances in the SCA, in Sword & Shield, in the Roman legion, etc that I reckon I can get away with calling it the Silly Costume Association).

Cheers
    Craig
  2. When we rest in a tavern, could we please stay in the tavern

It is annoying to have to walk back to the tavern in Zendar if I want to rest another day. Given that there is a one-keypress way to leave the tavern, staying in the tavern is a better choice. Thanks Craig
  3. Suggestion for Borcha's stats

When I picked up Borcha I think my character was 5th level, maybe 4th. Borcha was 9and still is!) 13th level. His highest skill is two-handed weapons yet with a STR of 7 he can't use any of them. Can you please up his starting STR so he can use those big axes. Thanks Craig
  4. Another impressed newbie!

A big AOL-style "me too" from here!

"I Can't Believe It's A Beta!"

Cheers
    Craig
  5. Exchanging items with unique party members

However, a merchant possibly has more inventory that they can give you even if they are out of cash.

Since the heroes are in your employ and you gave them those items in the first place, you shouldn't have to pay to get them back.

I'd like to see the heroes cash value go into the negatives indicating that they owe you money.

Alternatively, make Borcha and Marnid come with no inventory whatsoever. You have to buy all their equipment but you can move items from their inventory at will. To stop them becoming pack horses, maybe limit their inventory to a small number of slots.

Craig
  6. Who says Marnid and Borcha are useless?!

okiN said:
    When they level up (They get that same plus sign next to their names as the regular soldiers), just talk to them in the party screen and ask them to tell you about themselves.

I've never seen that. Then again, looking at the XP numbers its possible they've never levelled up since I got them (Borcha is lvl 13, Marnind is lvl 6, my character is lvl 6).

And I'd like to answer the thread title…

I think they are useless. I'm sick of seeing "Borcha is knocked unconscious by River Pirate". So far their worst showing is when me, Borcha and Marnind went against three river pirates. After both Borcha and marnind were both knocked out there were, you guessed it, three river pirates chasing my archer.
    Mutter grumble.
  7. Who says Marnid and Borcha are useless?!

I read a few of you saying that you train your heroes.

How?

Neither in the character screen nor takliung in the party screen ahve I any control over what skills they increase when levelling.

It is anoying the proverbial out of me as neither have the strength to equip any decent weapons 9Borcha is STR 7, marnind is STR 5).

Thanks in advance
    Craig
  8. Banks and carrying gold

Rather than a bank, I think a strongbox system would be useful. For example, I can leave my gold with someone in Zendar (after paying them a fee to cover the cost of security) then I can retrieve my gold at a later time, but only from that person in Zendar.

I believe the Knights Templar were the first to introduce the idea of bank notes to Europe. A man could leave money at one Templar outpost, collect a signed note in return, then exchange that signed note for coin at any other Templar outpost. The first of what we would recognise as a modern bank was founded in Barcelona in the early 1400s. Before that banks were mostly offered storeage and moneychanging services.

I'd certainly like to see one of these in the game. It seems silly to me to be carrying all your gold with you all the time. Wouldn't it be heavy?

Cheers
    Craig
  9. Keyboard mappings

I suggest that there be a keyboard way to get out of the various screens. The I key opens the Inventory window but no key (as far as I can find) closes it, you have to click the Close button with the mouse. I'd like the I key or the Esc key or (preferably) both to close the window. Thanks for...
  10. Arena

Personally I'm against the Arena. I hate it. All it does is make me swear.

The 10 gold prize money is pathetic.

I've found that betting is a waste of time. So far every time I've bet 50 or more on myself I've ended up in some untenable situation (for example on foot with a sword and no shield against mounted archers and jousters). The random nature of weapon and horse just, in my opinion, sucks.

Now if the prize money was (1) significant and (2) linked to the difficulty of the match and the mismatch of weapons and horses then I'd play.

I'd also like to see archery taken out of the arena completely. I'd like to see a seperate target competition for archers.

Cheers
    Craig
Back
Top Bottom