Recent content by HarryB

1. HarryB

The vast majority of my children are daughters

Best way to resolve this, considering sons are currently far superior for clan growth and pregnancy chances get lower the more kids you have, is to make it so the more daughters or sons you have the more likely the other is to be born.

Currently if your first 2-3 kids are daughters you're potentially not having any sons the rest of the game, which just sucks for anyone playing a longer game. It's RNG that doesn't add much other than frustration to the game.

Alternatively, daughters could be handled differently. Maybe you can pay an extra fee to have their husbands join your clan instead of vice versa. And/or, any daughters you marry off don't count toward child count for purposes of pregnancy chance.

If you're going to feature a dynasty system you don't want it to be complete RNG whether people have heirs or not.

I'd add that I've seen this complained about in several posts on these forums and on reddit, so it's not an uncommon issue.
    That sounds like a good idea. I'm sorry, but I don't want to play as a woman, it just doesn't feel right for me. That's why it is so annoying to have nothing but daughters, because I have nobody to play as when my character kicks the bucket.
  2. HarryB

Females have a minor bias in birth chance at %51. However this can be changed easily by mods. Also a random coin flip can feel rather unlucky at low sample counts. Hope you're not too mad at your daughters about this.
    Maybe I should execute my wife for not giving me a son 😵 That sounds like a good option to have, call it the 'Henry the 8th' feature. One thing I do enjoy is beating the crap out of my wife in tournaments while she is pregnant. That should ensure that all my children are brain damaged cripples.
  3. HarryB

Something is not right here. The only mods I use are Make Calradia Great Again and a banner mod, and this was happening before they were installed. I mean, it literally feels like a miracle if I have a son. I kept waiting to see if the numbers would even out at some point, but the numbers are...
  4. HarryB

The new method of discovering weapon parts in smithing doesn't work well

Well, I decided to start a new game and not do any smithing. I just find it too tedious and not fun.
  5. HarryB

The new method of discovering weapon parts in smithing doesn't work well

I've been away from the game for awhile and decided to give the new beta (1.1.0) a try. The primary way to learn new weapon parts is to smelt down captured weapons. It used to be that when you smelted down a weapon you had a chance to learn a random weapon part. Now, the part you learn can only...
  6. HarryB

Wars are too short

I've been away from the game for awhile and I thought I'd come back and give the release version of the game a try. I'm still pretty early in the campaign and have started working as a mercenary for Vlandia. Something I have noticed is that wars end very quickly. They used to go on for quite...
  7. HarryB

Bannerlord: Helicopter mod

I love it! See if you can put a catapult on it with a gunner...even better.
  8. HarryB

Different dialogue for tournaments

Should say, " Get knocked unconscious you bastard!"
    LOL Think of what you would say if you were fighting in a tournament with wooden weapons against someone who was a friend of yours. You wouldn't be out there calling him a bastard or a pig or a dog. Maybe if you didn't like the guy you would. Realistically, you can't sit there and fight 'til one guy is unconscious. I've won over 200 tournaments in the game I'm playing now; Calradia would be the land of the brain damaged ?
    Although, I must say that the look the guys have on their faces when you talk to them before battle if they like you, does look like they are brain damaged or tripping on acid ?
  9. HarryB

Different dialogue for tournaments

I would like to see the computer opponents say things other than the standard "DIE!" or "Die You Bastard!" etc. in tournaments, since you aren't actually trying to kill each other. It especially doesn't make sense when you are fighting against your companions. The banter should be more good...
  10. HarryB

Color palette of clans and coloring of units.

I played a few custom battles the other day and each time I played, the shields and banners for my troops had interesting colors and patterns. The only mod I am using is the Bear Your Banner mod to add banners to the game. The different colors and patterns are obviously in the game, why not just make it an option to use 'expanded' kingdom colors if you want, or just stick to the basics if you prefer that?
  11. HarryB

I don't understand why I can't lead an army of companion parties when I am independent.

I would like the ability to create parties with my companions and lead them when I am not attached to a kingdom. That way I can improve my leadership when I am either playing as a mercenary or not connected to any kingdoms in any way. Just curious what the reasoning is behind not allowing...
  12. HarryB

Not able to declare war on other kingdoms rebels 1.5.10

there is a way around it, simply use a hostile action (like raiding) against a village,
    be aware that this will drop your influence to -200
    That's interesting, thanks for the idea, it just seems odd to me that we can't just declare war on the rebels. There are imperial rebels in control of Ortysia, maybe I'll go raid their villages.
  13. HarryB

Not able to declare war on other kingdoms rebels 1.5.10

In my current game I am playing as a vassal of Vlandia. We are at war with Sturgia who came in and conquered Seonon. They immediately got a rebellion. Now, Seonon is controlled by Sturgian rebels, and we have no way to declare war on them. I cannot attack their parties, because they just say...
  14. HarryB

In Progress 'Under Siege' icon stays above castle after siege is over

I had the same thing happen again. What I have discovered is that if I save the game and exit and then relaunch the game, the 'catapult' icon will go away.
  15. HarryB

Not able to set party wage limit

LOL, forget it, I realized that I needed to put the cursor a little to the left of the box to be able to uncheck it...
Back
Top Bottom