Recent content by HardCode

1. HardCode

Who of the old guard are still around?

Weren't you the one that came up with the tag line for the original M&B? It's been so long I'm not sure anymore. Yup, that's you alright. Been a long damn time.

Yup, the contest for the tag line. I won a European boxed copy of the game, which I still have unopened.
  2. HardCode

Who of the old guard are still around?

Are there subliminal messages being broadcast in the atmosphere? Something told me to check out the TaleWorlds site for the first time in so many years, and here is a thread about us old timers, with old timers posting. Feb '06 here. I can't believe the SIZE of this company now. There must be 50 or 60 employees. I think it's great that TaleWorlds has grown so much. Hell, I remember the "cheaper beta" before M&B 1.0, where we paid a fraction of the eventual retail price, and played all the beta versions. What a great time it was! Looks like I'll have to get the newest game when it comes out.
  3. HardCode

Remember 9/11, 11 years

rejenorst said:
    However, even though Al Qaeda may not have been in Iraq prior to the invasion it has certainly found a reason to be in Iraq now ...

I think that this was the real strategy behind the Iraq war. After 9/11, the US was going to start military operations against terrorist organizations. I believe that the Bush administration figured that terrorist retaliation against US military action could take place on the streets of the US targeting citizens or ... create a "honeypot" by invading Iraq and have the military fight them over there. And that's pretty much exactly what happened. Terrorists/insurgents/etc/etc streamed into Iraq instead of United States soil to target the military instead of US citizens on US soil.

As a strategy, it's solid. As a matter of morality, that's another matter. Perhaps the Bush administration thought removing Saddam Hussein would make it moral.
  4. HardCode

Remember 9/11, 11 years

Mage246 said:
    It was never "found out to be a ploy". Evidence always has and continues to suggest that several major players believed in the evidence they had, and were able to either bully or groupthink their way into getting the others to agree. It's more a lesson in group dynamics and psychology than anything else.

It's known for a fact that Saddam Hussein had WMD; he used them against Iran and the Kurds in the north. What still hasn't been determined is where he stashed them, or who he gave them to, or if he destroyed them (if possible?) before the US invaded. Personally, I think they are in Syria, and that is the reason no government is moving to help. If they find the WMD from Iraq there when Assad is removed, the world would have to admit Bush was right. :smile:
  5. HardCode

Mount and blade 2

Brudagon said:
    If there's no multiplayer, I won't be buying it.

M&B was more fun before the focus on multiplayer.
  6. HardCode

Dead?

I had a busy week and wasn't able to work on the autoloot issue yet. But it's still in progress!
  7. HardCode

Dead?

I'm having issues with the autoloot. For example, a hero will only accept certain shields and throw out others. Same for boots. There must be a conflict of troop slots - or - I may have to put all the item types together in module_items.py. I'm in the process of working it out. I've added autoloot to lots of mods, but it's been so long I have to re-learn the code fisheye wrote.
  8. HardCode

Dead?

Cool. I'll try to get this done in a week. Got a busy weekend coming up. Some might find the horses too fast, but I didn't change the armor or HP, so this kind of balances out - a faster horse gets hit for more damage as it speeds by. I just have to do the Autoloot then review some item stats.
  9. HardCode

Dead?

I just started playing M&B 1.011 again (I don't have Warband), and I really am interested in this mod. I downloaded the source, and I tweaked a few things:

• Disabled hero complaints
    • Cattle follow the player party
    • Increase horse speed
    • Variable prisoner sell prices (based on prisoner level)
    • I am going to add in Fisheye's Autoloot
    • I am going to tweak some item stats

Once I'm done, can I release it as an unofficial tweak version for others to play?
  10. HardCode

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Triglav said:
    To grow, we'd need modders (particularly coders) working on it.
    Currently none are available.

Sorry 'bout that.

I can do some things in the module system code-wise. I mess around with it for a personal mod, but nothing overly intricate. I'd like to know what you want to do, and I'll see if I can do it.
  11. HardCode

Czu_Czu said:
    Merlkir said:
    No, the mod's dead.

Sad...or maybe it is kind of irony  :???:

It's called sarcasm to the poster who didn't read the Original Post.
  12. HardCode

MadVader said:
    You need to bring Gondor's faction strength down to less than 2000. Kill their parties to do so.

Some feedback to think on during your work on the balancing of the war system ...

1. Rhun had two lords killed in battle. For the remaining two lords, when they are defeated in battle the faction loses strength as usual, but they hide in their camps long enough that they don't re-emerge for several days - and by then their faction strength was replenished to the original level. In other words, it's pretty much impossible to reduce their faction strength enough to defeat them, at this point.

2. Due to the reduced number of parties on the map, #1 is worsened by not having any other Rhun parties spawn to be defeated.

This pretty much applies to any faction. I think the number of Deserter parties should be lessened. When doing a CTRL+T I can see (figuratively) millions of grey Deserter parties taking up party slots. For testing, I just teleported all over the map and CTRL+SHIFT+F4 these parties, defeating about 30 or 40 of them. Only at this time did actual faction parties start spawning.
  13. HardCode

Detailed Save Corruption Information:

Three saves for the same game:

Save 1 - Day 334 (Corrupted)
    Save 2 - Day 329 (Corrupted)
    Save 3 - Day 310 (Okay)

The game date for Save 3 at day 310 is Sulime 20 (Mar). Both Save 1 and Save 2 have the date as "<Tolkien Month> Invalid Token". I don't remember the month name.

The game continued to play with the Invalid Token date. I toggled between saving Save 1 and Save 2. However, once I received a quest with a time limit (Report to King Theoden), trying to open the quest screen crashed the game. Likely because the game tried to calculate the "days remaining" for the quest vs. Invalid Token. The save will not load anymore, showing an M&B engine error when trying to load it.

Assumption 1: With a date of Invalid Token, the game will crash when trying to access the quest screen with a time-limited quest.

Assumption 2: Any save game with a date of Invalid Token will no longer load.
  14. HardCode

MadVader said:
    @Hardcode: look at the optimization/performance sticky on our REAL forum. Any and all advice there could help solve your particular problem. It helped other people, it will likely help you.
    TLD is VERY optimized for its sheer quantity of content, and the team did its utmost to maximize performance and even avoid engine bugs.
    It is surprising how many people don't even read the basic installation instructions or can't be bothered to try to help themselves by reading the performance tips and insist on someone else solving their problems ("herp derp crashes, fix it"). It becomes annoying quickly. The mod and the continued support for it are free, and the time of the developers who spent years working on it is limited and valuable.

Again, the main forum is here: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html
    The anti-crash advice is here: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php?topic=2503.0

Hey, hey, hey. Everyone settle the hell down. Don't assume that I haven't read the optimizations and other information on both forums. I didn't get M&B yesterday. And don't assume that I'm complaining. And don't assume that I am asking for fixes. I'm merely offering additional information for a pain-in-the-ass-to-resolve issue.
  15. HardCode

Geren said:
    Oh yes, there is, actually...I suppose it would have burned your fingers to use the search panel and found out that it's a performance related issue, in about a minute, instead of being pissy about it, for a few hours, eh? Also, a question asked a bazillion times...

An answer, repeated a bazillion times in return: Get rid of corpses. Get rid of rag dolls. Get battle size turned down...Until it stops. Possibly used this too? Or this, maybe?

All of that mentioned all over the place. So, it seems to me, the team has given you every bit of help they already could, already. So, what more do you want? Or is your laziness their fault too?...

Bloody...newcomers...

Actually, with rag dolls off etc., I've gotten the "vertex buffer" error on a town menu, when clicking "Upgrade" on a troop in the party screen, and even after battles are completed on the casualty report screen. I don't think that it is directly related to battle size, graphics options, etc.
Back
Top Bottom