Recent content by hamletsdead

1. hamletsdead

Passive Gold (Workshops / Caravans)

Does the price of goods dynamically change depending on the number of workshops? For example, if I take over the Aserai and turn 30+ workshops into breweries, is beer cheaper everywhere and now all other goods cost more? I assume the game's AI is not that advanced yet.
  2. hamletsdead

POC Color Randomizer Mod (fixes automatic clothing color changes when joining kingdom)

Shout out to POC Color Randomizer mod, which updated this week for 1.4.2 main. Using default settings your clothing always tracks your banner. So if you use Bannerpaste and have a unique banner (e.g., like the Targaryen or Stark banners), now your clothing color will stay the same even if you...
  3. hamletsdead

Why Can't We Save or Open Party Menu in Town?

Is there some reason I'm missing why I can't Save the game without either going to the map or exiting a tavern/town/keep/prison? Or why the Party and Kingdom screens are inaccessible there as well? Logically I should be able to save anywhere, and I should be able to open all the sub-menus from...
  4. hamletsdead

Hi guys! how can i find ultra armor?

I actually found some hideously overpriced armor and weapons at Maranuth. To wit, one spear priced at 117,000 denarii and the body of imperial lamellar for 90,000+ denarii (no gloves or boots though). Town only had 58,000 denarii so I have no idea where they got the weapons from, but dey was dere, I swears it.

The devs seriously need to fix the money part of the game. One spear is worth more than the treasury of the entire town, seriously? Not a super-weapon of mass destruction, just a kind-of-okay spear that happens to cost 20 times more than it should.
  5. hamletsdead

Small additions/changes to the game

Some very minor improvement suggestions:
    • Sleeping animation
    • Drinking and eating animation
    • Real nude models (i.e., anatomically correct)
    • Different horse breeds
    • Better looking civilian clothes/more color options for existing clothes (e.g., Southern Robes)
    • Different tavern models/keep models/castle models (inside them)
    • NPCs that say something ("Afternoon, m'lord" "Good day to you" etc, by culture)
    • Each vendor has their own gold supply, not just a total for the keep
  6. hamletsdead

Garrisons have too few troops to ever defend succesfully: causes snowballing and boring sieges

the problem is the "too unrealistic" approach they've opted for sieges.
    Small garrisons could effectively wipe out massive armies on sieges, there's a reason why so few siege events in history had actual assaults. Most of them were psychological warfare attacking morale, or, starving out. Assaults only really became more frequent when commanders stated to employ cannons, which only really happened after the Ottoman Emperor took Constantinople by the end of the Medieval period. Basically he was the pioneer on doing it hahaha

Btw, all medieval and iron-age warfare was won by surrender, it was rare to have to kill everyone on the field to win... Meaning that the way sieges are working on BL are really wrong... I shouldn't have to chase down that single remaining peasant who is glitched within a wall to win the siege.

Agree, there should be a Surrender popup from the garrison during sieges. When you've got 150 men left and your gates are down and the invaders are storming in, why fight to the death?
  7. hamletsdead

One or Two Handed Mounted?

Despite the penalty, do you use a 2-handed weapon while mounted for the extra reach? I'm considering giving it a shot, as a result of getting higher proficiency in a weapon I'll find myself using in sieges more often.

EDIT: Lots of views, not a lot of votes! Tell me what you think, I'm curious.

I tend to use a two-handed axe, but usually only after I crash-bang into an infantry unit and my horse gets stuck. Then I swing away like mad hoping to kill everyone before they knock me off my horse. The mechanics for mounted combat are still quite bad -- there should be a way to lean to the side and swing your one handed sword. Even idiots can use a cavalry sabre, since most of the damage is from your horse's momentum anyway. But oddly enough it's hard to hit someone with a sword on horseback.
  8. hamletsdead

not a fan of the "main quest"

Great
    The tutorial is great, however the part where you have to go all over the entire continent and literally talk to 10 nobles (all faction leaders I think) is one of the worst quest designs for a "main mission" I have ever encountered in any game and is certainly the worst part of Bannerlord by an extreme margin. It is extremely tedious and its literally the first official quest of the game. Quests should feel compelling and rewarding. Not just something to progress for any reason be it "mandatory story so just throw something in there" or renown. I have played tons of MMOs and am very tired of super triviality and "grindy" quests that were just there to make it look like the game has some form of content.

It would be 100x better if it was visit 10 cities and talk to a NPC, but I still find the number 10 is quite excessive just to find out some lore about a single event. Its literally like chasing down a rat in pitch black using a flash light and a Wikipedia coordinates radar. The in game encyclopedia is very useful and informative but I find it extremely anti-immersive being forced to use a meta-game feature to start the game right off the bat. I can understand using a meta-game feature to min/max certain components of understanding a combat unit or someone's lineage, but being the requirement for the main story line and lore? Honestly just going 100% sandbox mode and giving the player the option to create their own kingdom without any preliminary content in the game at all is better than something this terrible.

How about visiting a couple famous libraries or historians, maybe a couple of nobles from the entire pool of 10 that prefer to stay at their castle. Maybe visiting some nearby villages to the training post gives the player some info about the library at a nearby city and then the historian at the library tells you that the Lord of the town (who will 100% be present at his town) has some 1st-hand experience with the matter. Chasing down certain nobles could be very interesting when used sparingly, but don't recycle the exact same mechanic over and over, especially 10x on the very 1st thing. If you want to show the player that the encyclopedia is a feature and how to use I think they will understand just using it once.

Great idea about adding libraries where you can find an ancient tome detailing the history of Neretzes' Folly. Nice if they would add 200-300 books about the lore and history of the kingdoms and (maybe) mix in some rare magic tomes which increase attributes/focus/give a perk.
  9. hamletsdead

Is This Game Fun?

Yes, it's a blast. The current 1.4.2 is mostly stable even when modded, and there are some pretty good mods out there even with the limited developer tools that have been released. It's not like Skyrim where you can have 1,000 mods loaded, but you can definitely put 50 cool mods in to make the game more interesting.
  10. hamletsdead

Garrisons have too few troops to ever defend succesfully: causes snowballing and boring sieges

Right now sieges are too short. When one faction decides to take city there won't be any resistance since they can land a siege and build equipment in one in game day. Defenders can't get in time to break the siege and if they didn't rise an army before the siege the chance to get there in time are even lower.
    The time it takes to besiege a city should be a lot longer. I think that building the camp with 0 engineering skill should take an ingame week and siege equipment should take 1-3 days depending on skill.
    That's also a cause of snowballing cause cities and castles are lost in such short time that there's no chance for reaction. Another thing is that most cities and castles are starving long before a siege but still this should be something that takes time, food and manpower.

Agree. It takes me one day to get around the mountain to get back home and the siege is already over by then. Which is ridiculous. It should be a long hunker down while the food runs out, like a real siege. The defenders should have fire archers, boiling oil to pour on the troops trying to ram the gates, and -- do I really need to say this? -- the defense should already have catapults and ballistas in place as part of their standing defenses. There should also be options for defenders to sally out (e.g., cavalry charge) to engage the attackers, a way to call patrols back to the castle (e.g., carrier pigeons), the battering ram and palisades should be capable of being destroyed by the defenders as the attackers are pushing them towards the walls/gate.

Lastly, anyone for a moat? Nothing like 20 feet of water to keep the armored infantry from trying to storm the walls.
  11. hamletsdead

As a Ruler you should be able to offer your own fiefs as part of payment for convincing lords to join, without the trader perk

I started a new kingdom, I convinced a few lords to join and I can't give them fiefs because there is no option to do it. I also miss giving fiefs to your companions. I think at this stage of the game, custom kingdoms are barely playable.

You can actually do this with Diplomacy Fixes. But only after you've convinced them to join already.
  12. hamletsdead

As a Ruler you should be able to offer your own fiefs as part of payment for convincing lords to join, without the trader perk

100% agree. If I'm trying to convince a vassal to walk away from the income-bearing fief his family have owned for generations to come join my clan, what better incentive than to tell him I'll make him "Baron of so-and-so, with all the rights and perquisites pertaining thereto." Way better than trying to convince him to give up his property and holdings for common coin.
  13. hamletsdead

1.4.3 Getting Lords to join your kingdom

Persuasion is not my problem. The issue is the price. Granted, my relationship with any of these lords is not too high, but my power rating is. And still, even if I offer 11 million of money + everything else in my inventory, the slide won't even move.

Someone posted elsewhere that you should target lords who don't own keeps/fiefs. They're a lot cheaper to recruit, assuming you can find such a unicorn.
  14. hamletsdead

1.4.3 Getting Lords to join your kingdom

ok. How about, I give you this money plus you keep all your land plus I won't attack you and squash you like an over ripe grape.

This. I don't get why there's no option for them to try and keep their fief when they leave. If you border my kingdom and you join me, why would you just walk away from your keep? If it means war, that's fine, but I should have the option.
  15. hamletsdead

Can we get rid of the magnetic armies?

Marriage seems to be the common thread for this bug. Has anyone unmarried had their party hijacked in such a manner?

I never did a marriage interview and my games end before children would be relevant. I guess there are some tangible advantages to staying single, like not having your party hijacked.
    Negative. Never been married, never had party hijacked. A few of my assh*t vassals formed their own armies, making them unavailable to join mine, but that's on me, as I voted for the policy to let lords keep their own armies.
Back
Top Bottom