Recent content by HalfMetalJacket

1. HalfMetalJacket

Encyclopedia fog of war?

I just use the 'Know Everyone' mod and be done with it.
  2. HalfMetalJacket

sell the m&b IP to larian studios armagan

You mean Bannerlord where women can be lords and hold armies? Wow big L BRO so WOKE my life is ruined and my pants are shat. Modders cook me up 50 mods so I can live my power fantasy
    My power fantasy of an obscure African faction, unspecific female troops and clapping back at the patriarchy like Warband yes.

Not even crying about muh woke games or anything, just being silly.
  3. HalfMetalJacket

sell the m&b IP to larian studios armagan

I mean we already have men in dresses in BL, the only thing Larian needs to do is add pronouns lol. I say let them work their gay magic on BL and give us something insane.

Wouldn't give a sh*t anyway to begin with though. I play games so woke that they scrubbed out the face of the one cishet white dude in it. That's a level of woke you think everything is lol.
  4. HalfMetalJacket

Make spears great again

The devs insist on this stupid system. They see nothing wrong with spears being just 'for cavalry'. Why they can't just use Viking Conquest's style is beyond me.

But just use RBM.
  5. HalfMetalJacket

1.2.0 Sturgia

If you use the massive pauldrons sure they can look too gaudy, but things like the legionary harness, the vlandian pauldrons, the leather strips, there are so many options that aren't giant sheets of metal, there are only a few that even look "gaudy" at all. A lot of the Aserai come to mind when I think of gaudy but I'd say that's the point, tbh the new Aserai armor is pretty solid compared to how boring it was before, much more stylized and distinct aside from their boots and gloves.

What's your mod called? I'll take a look
    I hate the new Aserai stuff tbh. Its all too Ottoman and out of place. And when its all the same gold colour its dull. The Arabs had very colourful gear, dunno why TW could not use that instead.

As for my mod, link to it in my signature. It's a sort of revision of whatever TW had for Bannerlord, plus things I think are cool like a Baltic faction, Makurians, and all that.

Its not out yet, but you can get a testing version on github via discord.
  6. HalfMetalJacket

Why did Talesworld not add slaves ?

Pure lodgic says that Beduins under the Sahara sun should be darker then those of the other side of the mediterranean. Never been there myself.
    Yes, and there are some very dark skinned Bedouins.

But look at that first Jawwal unit and tell me that's supposed to be a bedouin and not some sort of Zulu warrior stereotype. They're all like sub saharan tribal sorts that run fast and **** and it's utterly stupid.
  7. HalfMetalJacket

How realistic is Talesworld adding boats to bannerlord?

I never cared for boat battles in VC.

Having actual boats though would be good, but I doubt it would be part of an update.
  8. HalfMetalJacket

Why did Talesworld not add slaves ?

Wouldn't mind having it if you could interact with it meaningfully beyond Warband's take on it. If its literally just the same as some random 'Slave Trader' NPC in the middle of some town, then that's pointless.

Lol I've got more than 2k hours on the game haven't played in months though. Waiting on 1.2 and depending which mods will update I'll give it a try

Can't remember seeing black people in the game though. But ya character customisation allows it so they'll likely in it.

You think the op is suggesting to enslave the sturgians or the kuzaits?
    The Jawwal minor faction exists, though I think they suck and TW seems to be under some sort of impression that Bedouin were black or something.

Slavs and Turks, who the Sturgians and Khuzaits are based on, were frequently the subject of slavery, so I dunno why you think that's an absurd idea.
  9. HalfMetalJacket

1.2.0 Sturgia

PLEASE give sturgian shield infantry shoulder armor, heavy axeman has NONE and heavy spearman only has any on one of its two varieties. There is no reason ANY unit shouldn't have atleast some kind of shoulder armor

sidenote, why the hell do vlandian banner knights only have a heavy cloak? and vlandian T5 cav has none as well...

sidenote 2, the more I think about it the more I remember stupid things wrong with troop equipment that just doesn't make sense, I just need to make my own mod for this or something, its insane.
    I made my own mod and oddly enough I find that I much rather troops go without much shoulder armour.

They look too big and gaudy more often than not. And it looks more aesthetically 'Dark Ages'.
  10. HalfMetalJacket

Is it possible for Modders to give us the old formation system? IE, each unit "name" can be its own formation again.

Actually you can, mate

There a small icon during deployment on each section on the top right corner, on the square

When you click it you can select which units will be prioritize on the formation, I remember seeing: light infantry, medium, heavy, Polearms infantry, etc

I think it's a small arrow, but stay on the "square" you choosing the deployment

Formation

See the symbol of "+" on the corner?

You click there and choose what kind gets priorization
    That's far inferior to the old system though.

I think we would be better off in TW added more troop types or something. What we have now is just not great.
  11. HalfMetalJacket

Strat Gaming video about beta 1.2.0

I will continue to use RBM, regardless of what has been done to vanilla combat.
  12. HalfMetalJacket

Are your companions skinny?

I think more of a problem with the face templates they give to the companions. Makes them sh*t.
  13. HalfMetalJacket

Excesive slow training make game boring. Please training perks should be buffed.

If it makes you feel any better OP, I would be in favour of better passive training.

So long as battle xp and donation stuff is nerfed as well. If it all feels the same... then good. I don't mind if I can be lazier in training.
  14. HalfMetalJacket

Excesive slow training make game boring. Please training perks should be buffed.

Viking Conquest is way slower, have no idea what you are on about.

The bigger problem is that there isn't much of a passive way to train troops.
Back
Top Bottom