Recent content by Guratz

1. Guratz

Lancer

The glaive needs to be halved in size and its damage too. There's a reason two handed weapons weren't popular for horseback combat in real life.
  2. Guratz

MP Archers who shoot their own teamates should take reflective damage

Devs said that they're currently working on a reverse friendly fire system, that will reflect the friendly damage to attacker just like you said but for every unit. But I think they also said it would first be released for TDM.
    Praise the lord they've heard our plea
  3. Guratz

Mounted Archer

Captain Mode:

They're useless in the following situations: Island of Deriad, Against any team with equal or more cavalry captains.
    They typically trade badly with enemy archers which is to be expected.
    They can't hold their own against any other cavalry.
    When moving at all their aim is horrible (they cannot retreat and fire accurately at cavalry chasing them, for example).
    They are exceptionally good at dealing with shock infantry, which they need to since khuzaits have none.
    You're still better off getting the lancers with a bow and arrow instead of this unit, since its the strongest cavalry in melee at the moment while also doubling as a horse archer.
  4. Guratz

The class and perks system is unable to cover all game modes sufficiently

I don't know if this is related to your point exactly, but people outside Captains were requesting better "middle infantry" for each faction, so TW changed/buffed the Vlandian Shock Infantry, yet this wasn't what anyone asked for specifically, and I think it ended up as a failed attempt at a band-aid fix.

I can imagine what people wanted as decent "middle infantry" was basically what you can afford for 1000 gold as infantry in Warband (i.e. 1h sword, decent shield, polearm, middle armour, middle helmet). Otherwise, maybe something similar to the Wildling would have sufficed? Basically, a troop that isn't as expensive as heavy infantry, isn't as buffed as heavy infantry, yet is much more reasonable than the recruit infantry.

Yet, it seems they can't make an entirely new troop for any given faction, with the rigid class system (another reason it's terrible), so they tried turning the Shock Infantry into a decent "middle infantry" for Vlandia, which I don't think worked out well at all.

The real issue is just how pathetic the recruit infantry is. It's terrible as a minimum loadout. It doesn't even work as a joke loadout (similar to playing naked), because it's not a customisation by the player, it's a prebuilt troop made by TW, and it's forced on the player like a slap in the face sometimes, which is terrible for new players.

It would definitely serve Siege/TDM better if recruit troops were improved into something more reasonable, while Shock Infantry can be nerfed (along with the removal of crushthrough).

In any case, I agree with you that the modes should be split. It's been brought up plenty of times since beta well over a year ago, and people responded very negatively to the class/perk system since early 2018, due to the horrible impact it would have on MP overall.
    It's definitely related to what I was saying and you raise some good points. I focus more on captain because I play it more but tdm/siege/skirmish needs tweaking just as much. the recruits, especially the Vlandian Peasant and the Empire Recruit and absolute garbage and hell to play as (Vlandian Peasant has no good one handed weapon at all, and has to rely on the billhook most of the time. The Empire Recruit has to rely mostly on their javalins to do noteworthy damage, because they've been forced into the skirmisher class build, which makes them just an inferior aserai skirmisher. their 1 handers aren't terrible but their other gear is.)
  5. Guratz

One reason you might take the voulgier with sword and shield over the sergeant in captain mode is for the increased run speed, if you want a better chance of chasing archers down.
    you'd still be too slow to chase archers as putting your shield up slows you down
  6. Guratz

A good example is the voulgier in siege/skirmish/tdm compared to the voulgier in captain. the Voulgier typically costs 120 points in the latter, and you can pick up a sword and shield instead of a voulge. Incredibly useful in siege/skirmish/tdm, as the sword is well balanced for dueling and the...
  7. Guratz

Voulgier

Captain Mode:
    The Sword & Shield perk is useless in captain mode, considering that if you pick it you just have a worse Sergeant + 1 extra guy.
    The Two Handed Sword is also useless as the voulge is just better at doing damage and is faster in my own experience. The only thing the two handed sword is better for is dueling and maybe anti cavalry but the latter is pointless if you take the awlpike.
    Selecting the awlpike makes them incredibly strong against cavalry. The franciscas are alright but personally the ability to kill cavalry and be able to take out rogue cavalry is a lot more useful than having my voulgiers slow down and stand still to throw their franciscas only for them to do minimal damage
  8. Guratz

Fiann

Fianns are the probably worst heavy archer class in captain at the moment, and there's a few reasons for that. First of all, while Fianns are great at long range archery, they rarely get to use that skill with the lack of manual targeting of units, and on count of the maps being too small to utilize that. Besides that, there is a problem that relates to this: They do not have short bows. The long bow has great accuracy and better damage than short bows, but the draw time is just too long, and fire rate too slow. The units are shoot too slowly to make a real difference in most situations, and the arrows they do manage to shoot don't do enough damage in relation to other archer classes, which leads it to losing basically against any other heavy archer unit, and most light archer units at close range (pre 1.5). The 2h swords they use also don't deal with melee units even half as well as the palatines menavlion or khans glaive.
    +1. Also find that Rangers with the longbow perk and extra arrows do their job far better as they have 15 men where as Fiann only has 9 men as far as I know. So they're putting out roughly 150% more firepower with the same longbows. Rangers basic hand axe is better than the upgraded counterparts in my experience and the longbow is too strong to pass up on. I think rangers would beat Fianns in melee since Fianns have few men and they have weapons that are suited for duels, not big infantry fights.

TLDR: Fianns in my opinion are neither good enough in melee or range to be worth picking. Could be improved with more men per retinue (11 maybe?)
  9. Guratz

Lancer

The khuzait lancer should be buffed by making their cost 190. For khuzaits I think that they should be the only faction in the game that can foster heavy cav twice in a game with 380 gold. This makes the faction one of the strongest cav faction and still keep it balanced for the effective nature of spears.
    I disagree with this. Vlandia is meant to be the main heavy cavalry faction, not Khuzait. The Lancer is also undoubtedly the strongest cavalry unit as of now considering it can kill with one hit easily whereas a Knight (who, arguably, is meant to be the best heavy cavalry unit in the game) might only deliver 80 damage from a thrust that is a lot harder to land and requires more speed than the glaive. Nomad would be the Khuzait cornerstone unit because it's a cheap versatile basic horseman.
  10. Guratz

MP Archers who shoot their own teamates should take reflective damage

This would hopefully make archery more precision based and would punish them for taking careless rapid shots. I've been in too many melee fights where I was shot through several enemies by an enemy archer, or have been in a duel where I get shot from behind the opponent.
  11. Guratz

Captain Isle of Deriad

C has 3 small choke points, one being very defensively advantageous to infantry as they can only be attacked or fired upon from two directions. A has one big checkpoint right on the flag. All you need to do to prevent cavalry from passing through A is to move to the center and charge your infantry and they will usually catch and overwhelm horsemen. I think a start would be making the ruins and houses smaller so they do not block as much line of sight which would make archers and cavalry more flexible near spawn areas. I liked Mabons' idea for C only having 1 access point but it would need a counter balance for cavalry by possibly making the mid-grounds (B) or A less obstructed.
  12. Guratz

Bugs in Phantasy 2018

https://gyazo.com/eb9731be65e5f6bfa919b2af4d91a7e3

If you go into ironston castle and leave again you get stuck in the mountains and you need to use cheats to get out
  13. Guratz

Perisno Mod Bug Reports

2.When you open up the backspace commands in battle a big X appears on it
    3. The helmets "Infantry helmet" *Can be found on Hakkon Spearmen* and "Heavy Infantry Helmet" *Can be found on Maccavian Spearmen* are both clipped. On the infantry helmet the face is popping out of the helmet. On the Heavy Infantry Helmet the nose is clipping through the helmet.
  14. Guratz

Problems I noticed with Perisno 0.77

I will
  15. Guratz

Problems I noticed with Perisno 0.77

Back
Top Bottom