Recent content by Guntram

1. Cavalry has issues when following. f1 f2

I am finding a strange behavior with player cavalry. When I set them to follow me they seem to be unable to keep up and match speed. Almost as if the infantry when in a shield wall moves slower. In warband I found they would keep pace with me but currently when I try to set up a flanking...
  2. Appreciation!

This is a common mistake made by newcomers to the forum. They assume people here are just big babies.
    In reality, the biggest critics actually followed the game over the years and many of them provided constructive feedback. They only became bitter when they saw they were not being listened to by the developers and the game was being dumbed down (compared to Warband and the Bannerlord dev blogs) by design.
    It's a blessing for someone new not to know what happened during the years of development, but we can't erase our memories of frequent disappointment. Even if you followed Bannerlord since the EA, you will struggle to understand how major problems in the game (sieges, multiplayer) go unaddressed for such a long time.
    Of course, you are free to enjoy the game as much as you like, just as you are free to marry unattractive people. :smile:
    Come on, the battanian bag princess really turned my crank. Her smile was so...something...?

I guess I don't understand some people's frustration. I have everything been actively engaged with it.

The entire Bannerlord concept has been a major exercise in patience. I was practically pulling my hair put in frustration/eagerness waiting for release and then I saw it was early access, like quite early...with some pretty funny place holder graphics and such 2 yrs ago.

I do see progress here, maybe it's easier for me coming back and not being, in it this whole time. I always thought taleworlds was good to it's fans, maybe things have changed, I dunno. I see a patch every week almost so it seems like they are still trying and working through the issues?

Maybe I'll change my mind once I've had a chance to go through the forum conversations etc.
  3. Appreciation!

Still better than Siege AI...
    sorry it's affected your experience so much...maybe I'm better off not being able to play the sieges for now lol.

Hopefully you have made contact to the developer to give them your constructive feedback back and they are working on it before release
  4. Appreciation!

I played on Atari when i was little too :grin:
    Sega and then Nintendo. Ah man, those were the days ^^

The size of an Army is a game changer. They are currently focused on improving combat even further and making adjustments for optimization. My rig could barely handle the load in the early days of EA release and now it can without a problem. I can literally see the improvements they have made and i command them for it.

One piece of advice if i may, don't even grace them with insults. They are not worth you stooping so low to their level :wink:
    Let flies buzz, it is what they do. Enjoy your stay and i hope you upgrade your rig soon :smile: Jon has a good point, you can upgrade with ease and it won't be that costly. They did a great job to optimize for lower end rigs.
    Thanks! I'm super happy that I can still play it despite being even under specced. Life's been busy and my gaming has taken a backseat, to other priorities, but Its nice to have some evening hours to escape and get that awesome feel of being a mounted cavalry unit like only Mount and blade games have ever achieved for me.

I was a little disappointed because emy nephew told me once I try to upgrade anything I'll have to upgrade it all...John has given me some new hope, that I can "retro" upgrade with better old components instead and optimize my older unit. It was a mid end gaming computer I had built for me in 2010...to be honest it's held out surprisingly well over the years ?

Says the guy posting 5 comments in a row to quote people
    Unique and personalized comments...yes that must mean I'm a robot, AI

By the way this guy I know completely solved all my financial woes with his online business. Please send me all your personal information and I will happily share it with him so you can build a successful life too ??? ?
  5. Appreciation!

I never said that it was your way of showing that sentiment. I only said imagine how much you'll like it when it's actually polished.
    Oh! well, yes. It's going to be amazing I'm sure. Can't wait...but I've been saying that about this game for what? 5-6 yrs now :smile:
    Alright.

Ouch. What are your specs? You may be able to upgrade your PC at least to the fullest of your current generation's capabilities and I could help try and steer it, if you'd like. If it is real old, parts on Ebay will sell for dollars, depending on your generation. You wouldn't be able to get the latest GPU in there anyway, so getting the best for your situation could still increase
    For sure I might do that over the winter when I have a bit more free time. I appreciate the offer, maybe I'll take you up on it in a few months
    Ah, yes. It is time we all pack up our things. He played Atari.
    lol... my point is just that people should maybe get a grip and have a bit more perspective...was playing MnB ever about the best Graphics??? for me it was the awesome medieval combat simulation/role play/strategy combo.

My ccomment about the graphics was both tongue in cheek and serious, because, a I never played it for the graphics in the past (although some mods improved it a bit)

B) I'm sure it is a lot nicer than my current experience on minimum settings

They are still a small indie company aren't they? 130 employees vs 2400 at blizzard etc.

I played this game when it first opened for early access 2 yrs ago and just came back in the last few weeks. Seems to have improved ?

I've only played about 600 days in game over 3 different Characters. Battania/Vlandian/Khuzait

Def still some room to improve the AI and add some features...but it was still feeling very true to warband.

I like some of the interface improvements for kingdom/clan management.

The world map is nicer than before and I like the total war almost feel with the armies icons fighting and looking like the Characters etc.

I find the new upgrade system and skill allocation tree has good potential.

I mean sieges and etc. I understand there are issues they are trying to fix...I have not done a lot of sieges with my crappy computer settings and small army sizes it's underwhelming.
    My Characters are still to young to pull off a siege and get the engines constructed before I get a big relief army attacking.

I haven't gotten into any smiting yet.

Trading seems to make some money for me and as always, clobbering small armies and selling loot.

Workshops I buy a few. It will be nice when you can upgrade them.

I haven't bothered with caravans yet as I heard they are not working well with current patch?

Just out of curiosity, who do you think created these mods that you have enjoyed and still enjoy? Ah yes, the same guys that you call "loser trolls". Seems kinda entitled, doesn't it...
    I always found modders in the past to be pretty decent and good at constructive criticism not spewing vitriol and just flaming on everyone around them.

Maybe things have changed....O haven't played Warband since 2017 and just started trying to play the early access again after a small amount of time when it first opened up

I also have many hours in this game, sadly some good modderes are quitting, but still a very enjoyable game, I just want to see it finished and a flourish mod community.
    That's sad to hear. I have a lot of appreciation for modders. They do so much to improve on many base games and usually for free in part time. Haven't molders always come and gone? many of the best/most promising mods over the years never get finished because molders burn out, life situation changes, they move on...Taleworlds should just subcontract some of them who have proven they'd do good work to help get the game polished? I dunno.

Old players sense they might not make it through this winter and are saying their thanks and goodbyes in advance. One last charge through the lines of the unvaccinated before they fall.
    I'm no Bot...I've been playing MnB from its inception. Despite all its flaws It really has been one of my favorite game series of all time... Not sure what bots you're used to but they definitely don't sound like my comments do.

I have not been on taleworlds forums much ...Onstarted an account years ago...forgot it and decided to make a new one since I'm having fun getting back into MNB with the bannerlord open access over the last few weeks and wanted to add some input and see what was going on as far as continued development.

My pots was a simple thanks to taleworlds...they still a small indy company working on a great game.

My intention or desire to have some constructive input will be done through existing threads or a new post specific to a topic.

But dang there are some real crusty and bitter people on this forum these days. If I was completely new or easily offended by strangers online sheesh. Nice welcoming comittee.
  6. Appreciation!

You like it now, with the half-baked garbage it has, but imagine for just a moment...a game that's fleshed out and actually works. Imagine how much you'd like that game.

Also, it doesn't take much to run the game in medium. What do you have? If you have a CPU at least from 2017 and isn't a low i3 or AMD equivalent and a GPU that isn't 2gb and 10 years old, you should be able to run it on at least medium @ 1080p.

I take this as a challenge.
    My showing appreciation for the work done so far in no way means there is not work to improve and finish it lol, its still in beta...

and yes I do enjoy playing it even now (flaws and all) No other games have given me the feeling that MnB does when charging on horseback through a line of archers or etc.

:sad: yes my computer system was actually built 10 yrs ago lol ... and I likely won't be rebuilding it this year with the stupid chip issues and costs of graphics cards...just have to keep playing on lowest setting for now

A Gunt when a gut is so fat and folded it resembles female anatomy.
    hahaha. you would Ram that no???

Guntram is Frankish/old Germanic for Battle/war Raven and a historic name.

Who wouldn't fight for that well fed gunt?

You are a bot who used many words to say absolutely nothing. Praise for praise's sake. you aren't saying anything.
    Indeed, neither are you.
  7. Which culture is most in need of armor/clothing model variety?

Vlandia needs some additions. With the time period that seems to be portrayed 12th century knights. It would make sense to include ailets (Metal or hardened leather rectangles that protected the shoulders and also displayed your device/heraldry.

Vlandia seems to suffer on armor some anyways and adding ailet would improve the look/historical feel of the faction and help the champion tree have a little more survivability

Empire factions should have some more variety. Similar to the east/west Roman empire who had some differences in gear and clothing style to suit local climates.

Western should be a little more cavalry focused and have more chainmail etc. Northern have some cross over with sturgian styles and the southern incorporate some aserai styling.

I wouldn't change the troop tree a whole lot, although some special focus for each faction would make some sense. Say Western champion tree are Lancers, southern horse archers, Northern footmen/hvy assault troops.

Or just tweak the regular troop tree to slightly reflect the cultural proximityof the empires to the environment/neighborhood regions
  8. we want FIRE & SWORD 2

hello TW ,
    when we will get FIRE & SWORD 2 ?!
    just look how beautiful this is :love:

Yes! that had huge potential !! 16th century warfare was epic and Fire and sword redone with more immersion and purpose and the better interfaces being developed here sounds great
  9. I'm curious why people's don't care about dynamic weather, day/night cycle,Enlighten?

I read the most posts and discussed the most posts are emotional posts. I am concerned about how high the engine limit is. It may be that the engine can be used for 10 to 20 years. Like ancient scroll 5, you can see how many players developed MODS in ancient 5. Although there are many warband mods, there are many repeated contents and innovative playing methods are limited by the engine. Therefore, the improvement of the engine is my concern. It is related to how many amazing modules will appear in the future, as well as the imagination and creativity of module developers. Therefore, we hope to add day night cycle system, dynamic weather system, map buffer and dynamic global illumination. These are very mainstream technologies in recent years. I hope TW engine can actively follow up, seize the opportunity and don't be complacent, thank you
    That's a good idea. It would be pretty amazing to include such things as weather. Even as far as having accuracy of ranged weapons etc affected by the conditions. Less accuracy in a stormy wind. Less power for bows and crossbows when it's wet. Even penalty for horses in muddy conditions.

If this would detract from the ability to handle the battles and etc running smoothly I can do without, but if it could be added in some way without taking from elsewhere than great!
  10. Appreciation!

I don't like seeing the words Gunt and Ram together.
    LOL. That should matter to anyone Amanda_the_ distractor?

Do you even know what they mean or where they come from?

What a drivel post.
    lol yet bothered to even comment. Guess you really have zero purpose for your time.

Next time just scroll on by... now bye bye
  11. Appreciation!

I hope you get to upgrade by the time some more features are done.
    The game looks amazing and an upgraded machine can handle legendary fights of 500 vs 500.
    I don't know how familiar you are with this forum but don't be discouraged by the negativity. After all a satisfied customer is less likely to leave a good review but a butthurt one will never stop telling you how their whole world is crumbling because a product did not meet their every single expectation :wink:
    I enjoy this game too and i hope to see more from this team.
    Happy gaming and have a good day :smile:
    Yes, being able to have full army size will be another amazing aspect.

Ive noticed a lot of loser trolls on these threads...they should just go back to playing call of duty or whatever. M&B series is one of the best of all times...both vanilla and the fact they allow open access to modding. the number of amazing mods that where built for warband kept me playing for so long.

I started playing video games on Atari...these spoiled and ungrateful troll have no life but to come and cry on forums lol. Sucks to be them I guess
  12. Appreciation!

I put so many hours into M&B warband probably 1000s including all the time playing mods as well. Despite my old computer being under the minimum setting for Bannerlord graphics I can still functionaly play it. I am getting a lot of enjoyment from this already. Thank you devs. Really...
Back
Top Bottom