Recent content by Grunwalder

1. Grunwalder

Explain your Name.

My name should be obvious.

My real name?

Tymodeusz Wawrzyniec Żółkiewski?

Tymodeusz is Timothy- "one who honors god."

Wawrzyniec is Laurentius. Very old-fashioned, it was my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather's name. Some old fart who was around when Poland was broken up the first time.

Żółkiewski is my surname. One of my more famous relatives was Stanislaw. [The only european to ever successfully capture Moskva. Seems only we Poles know how to give Russkies a good kicking. Froggies and Niemcy don't seem to know how to go about it.]
  2. Grunwalder

chain over the face

Another factor?

It looks damn frightening.

I had mail coif that covered all of my face except my eyes- I didn't like it, and only used it for a few shows. Uncomfortable.

But suffice to say, it scared little kiddies a hell of a lot more than the guys in pot-helms.

They give you a rather menacing appearance.

You just look... mean, wearing it, especially the ones that covered everything excepting eye-holes.

That's opinion however.
  3. Grunwalder

Japanese Bug Fights!

Nethoras said:
    not so much for the bugs as I do for the lobsters acutally lobsters are one of the best animals ever, and they taste pretty good to. A lobster doesnt deserve to die to a scorpians sting only in a bath of boiling water.

Lobsters are freaky buggers who'll pinch your penis if your not careful.

Not to mention, they've got to many damned legs.

However, I do somewhat agree.

I hope they at least cooked it after the fight. A nice little 'pyre' for a fallen warrior. With pinch of salt, you've got perfection.

4. Grunwalder

What if america was never discovered? or didn't exist.

Redcoat - Mic said:
    It was originally the Pope we burned with live cats inside for realistic screaming (centuries before Dolby!).
    What can we say? We just hate Catholics.  :sad:

Crazy Anglicans, with your crazy 'divorces' and what not. :razz:
  5. Grunwalder

Evolution or Creation?

Now, next question.

Why is it that the higher up you go on the social chain, hell, just the GDP/Per Capita chains, you're more likely to find an atheist or agnostic?

Why is it that those most successful give all credit to themselves and frail society? Or have no belief in anything greater, or anything more evil, than themselves? Western Europe, Canada, the US, Taiwan, Japan. Places where people hit it good and have nothing outside of pride. The middle class, mostly, and in some cases the very wealthy.

Whereas, in the poor, the destitute, the struggling. The bottom rung, or even the [lower] middle class on occasion. Those who have problems which decide things beyond importance many can understand. Whether to eat or send your kids to school, to abandon your home and flee from violence, a life of hardship.

Not the ****s whose hardest trials in life have been paying off a ****ing loan or dealing with a divorce. Or dealing with their '****e' job in a store, as a paper pusher, a clerk, a computer tech. Paying insurance. Buying a car.

Not to say that you won't find those at the bottom who forsook God, abandoned him, or has never seen any reason to care. Believe me, I've seen them. Millions upon millions of them, across the world, who don't give a flying **** about God because they haven't been dealt anything but **** and dirt in their lives. Guns to their faces, home foreclosed, family starving, home destroyed, water polluted. More than I could ever hope to count.

But they are outnumbered many times over by those who have  belief in some God, regardless of name, who'll give them peace in the end. Who seen **** many of you couldn't imagine. Awful things. All numbers of horrors.

Why is that. Why do those who have achieved, or been given so much seem the most likely to forsake belief in a hereafter, a god(s). Whereas faith in such matters has always run strongest in the weakest and the middling?

Maybe I'm biased. I probably am. I grew up **** poor. Well below the poverty line. I don't like the upper classes much, and the middle class less. I have made many assumptions about them. Many wrong, but more right. Proven right.

However, the question in still a simple one. I've seen this time and time again, the world [or what I've seen of it] over. Is there anybody who can possibly give me a clear, concise answer, one not full of semantical BS, blathering logic, just simple gut feeling?

EDIT2: God(s) :razz:
  6. Grunwalder

say cheese

Leprechaun said:
    Grunwalder posted pics ages ago, when he first joined, IIRC.

I did, and had that post deleted.

That was a ways back.

Bad pictures anyways.
  7. Grunwalder

Blocking a spear

Merlkir said:
    that's why if you catch the spears pole, you have a good chance to win. If you deflect it with a shield, it's not really easy to get it back and stab again either..

Got to have quick little hands for that.

Or hope that your opponent direly over-extends.
  8. Grunwalder

The Official Art thread

Not bad at all.

I love horses, but I can't draw them to save my life.

I envy that.
  9. Grunwalder

The Official Art thread

Raz needs shading? :razz:

Look at the picture I put up at the bottom of the last page. Not an ounce of shadow in there. :lol:

Nothing today, so far. Just a bunch of false starts and an empty mechanical pencil.

Time to raid the super's room. :razz:
  10. Grunwalder

Serious discussion only!

calandale said:
    Yes, Grun, we KNOW what you
    use for anal pleasure already.

:neutral:

Sweet Lord, Cal, do you know how salty that crap is?

Slugs die trying to ooze across that stuff.

I'd rather wipe my arse with sandpaper.  :shock:
  11. Grunwalder

Japanese Bug Fights!

Nethoras said:
    this is entertaining and uber cheesy, but I feel kinda bad watching it :p

:roll:

They're bugs.

The only place they properly belong is on the underside of my boot.

If you have any sympathies for bugs, then bugger off.
  12. Grunwalder

religion??

James said:
    You do know that catholicism is a branch of Christianity, do you not?

God help you if you say that to certain Protestant.

They'll tear your throat out.

And on that topic, yes, I am a Roman Catholic.

Incredibly lax however. I go to Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.

And sleep right through them.
  13. Grunwalder

Serious discussion only!

NT_07Spam1.JPG
  14. Grunwalder

Looking for free-form/open-ended games

EV Nova was a masterpiece, if you want space-age.

However, the fact that you can't choose your main quest line is a major turn-off to some people.
  15. Grunwalder

Native or Mods?

D'Sparil said:
    My computer is quite old too, and prior to having this one (that I took from my dad) I had one even older, a Pentium 3 500. But messing around I learned a few tricks to increase performance, such as manually lowering the resolution of textures, to the point of bringing the less important ones fom 1024x1024 to 256x256, editing scenes.txt to decrease the size of the battlefield and stuff like that.

Then it becomes too fugly for me to handle.
Back
Top Bottom