Recent content by Grimsbo

1. Grimsbo

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

:grin:

Well, it kind of looks silly when a wealthy lord has a cheap shield.

A long time ago i made a castle scene for the 1257AD mod. But i never made it open source, the castle was Ragnhildsholmen. If you want to use it for this mod feel free to do so.
  2. Grimsbo

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I found a tiny issue:
    A few of the NPC's that participate in the tournaments use the reallly low tier round shield(the one that looks like its a bunch of planks hammered together). Ive mostly seen this when participating in tournaments in the Reach and Stormlands.
  3. Grimsbo

Troops Balancing and Equiping

One thing i noticed is that crossbowmen sometimes get two crossbows, one on their back and one in their hands which they use. Same for Gisarmes type troops, they get two two-handed weapons for no apparent reason.
  4. Grimsbo

Castle builders and angry peasants.

Would it be historically incorrect to use Sverresborg castle as the siege scene for the city of Nidaros? I cant seem to find any info on Nidaros in the 13th century, and especially if the city had a wall of its own.
    Anyways, here is some things i found while digging for info. Its a 3d reconstruction of the castle of sverresborg/sion located in Nidaros.

Sverresborg.jpg

Sverresborg3D_549055a.jpg

Source:
    http://www.universitetsavisa.no/ua_lesmer.php?kategori=nyheter&dokid=429ffc7d941765.67982532
    http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondheim/article501036.ece
  5. Grimsbo

I think we need to update the first post of this topic so we can see which scenes have been done, and which scenes need to be done.
  6. Grimsbo

Official 3D art thread - Warband

How thick would the handle and the shaft of a mace be? Im asking because im making a cavalery mace :smile:
  7. Grimsbo

The new Subversion.

I sometimes get crossbow bolts when i advance through the ranks as a noble/cavaleryman in freelancer mode. This happened when i was in the Eastern roman unit line aswell as the crusader states unit line.
  8. Grimsbo

Help needed - 3d modelling and texturing

Ritter Dummbatz said:
    Great work as usual!  :razz:

Pretty much what he said ! :smile:
  9. Grimsbo

The new Subversion.

I noticed that the Bill polearm floats outside the wielders hands.

I think you need a thread for the bugs in the SVN version, since noone seems to use the old one.
  10. Grimsbo

Help needed - 3d modelling and texturing

I think they look good. Certainly an upgrade from the native ones.
  11. Grimsbo

Is there a banner scene prop that displays the banner of the faction that currenty owns a castle/town?
  12. Grimsbo

Amundr said:
    Ragnhildarholmr (now Ragnhildsholm)

Ragnhildarholmr castle was built around 1250 by Norwegian king Håkon Håkonsson.(it is first mentioned in his saga around 1257)
    Originally made to protect the harbour of the important city of Konungahella(now Kungahälla) it was built on an islet in the middle of the Nordre älv(Northern river connected to the river Göta).
    Konungahella was the site for many peace talks and meetings between the kings of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
    Because Norway and Denmark controlled what is now the western coast of Sweden the only western port of Sweden(Lödöse) was further up the river, making Ragnhildarholmr effectively control all western sea travel to Sweden.
    In 1308 construction began on Bohus fortress further up the river which made Ragnhildarholmr superfluous and it soon declined in use.
    This means however that it didn't receive any upgrades or remodels so what we know from the ruins is how it would have looked in 1257.

The fortress itself was built in stone but with internal structures and repairs made in red brick.(see description of where in plans below)
    When it was built the castle was according to sources on an islet surrounded by water and all sides, but now the islet has connected with the mainland on the south side and is more like a peninsula.
    Unfortunately i havent been able to find out how the islet looked like in 1257.

Drawings.
    kungah.jpg

Konungahella seen from the northeast with Ragnhildarholmr situated in the background.
    rag.jpg

Ragnhildarholmr castle seen from the north.
    Model.
    kungalvi12.jpg

Plans.
    ragnhildsholmen.png

plan.jpg

36337811828752177d1d.jpg

36337811320b5b556212.jpg

3633780582a297dec145z.jpg

Pictures.
    Panorama Image.
    Google maps location.
    Swedish pdf with images and picture of a 3d model of the ruins.

Here are some photos of my WIP take on Ragnhildholmen castle, based on the sources provided above:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/ragnhildholmen1.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/ragnhildholmen.jpg/
  13. Grimsbo

The new Subversion.

Waffenbaum said:
    About the cap. Almost there, but not quite!  :grin: (And yes, started a new game)

2lcmtqb.jpg

The Bill has a similar problem, it hovers outside the wielders hands.
  14. Grimsbo

General suggestions thread.

I would like to see some more maces, in particular a cavalry mace would be nice.
  15. Grimsbo

0.13 Testing Thread

Some bugs i found:
    The order of calatrava declared war against the kingdom of navarre very early in my game.
    Some of the "mails with white cloak" do not actually have white cloaks.
Back
Top Bottom