Recent content by Grimaldus

1. Grimaldus

Suggestion

Sound needs to be added to--it's a simple suggestion. make it so hoofs and footsteps change their sound depending on where they are. it's really...weird to hear the clattering of hoofbeats against pavement when I'm....on grass.
  2. Grimaldus

What Mods would you like to be made?

an actually good warhammer mod without skeleton barkeepers and orc societies that function the same way tomb kings do. if that means a lot of stuff is unplayable that's fine by me.

...ALSO SOLID AND SHADE FOR BANNERLORD
  3. Grimaldus

Help me decide whether MB2 is a game for me

That's sad. I was hyped about the game, but I guess I'll have to wait for the mods with permanent characters to come.

This setting could be played for many years as a survival sandbox MMO RPG with Seasons lasting 3-6 months and your guild/tribe eventually winning or you dying in a battle, or betraying your people to survive and join the enemy.

Of course all this is from my POV as a player and what I would want to see. I hope some of the devoted modders go in that direction.
    honestly, if you like progression, you will like this game from what it sounds like, if you like mmo's. buy it, and really give it a long try in singleplayer, moving your way through the world. at first it'll be confusing and you won't know what to do but it'll be worth it, and imo figuring things out is super fun. buy it and see what you think.
  4. Grimaldus

Enemy Castles/Cities/Towns should be impassable until you take them/raid them

Title. In a certain area around every enemy structure, no faction not allied with them or friendly with them should be able to go right through. Otherwise, choke points on the map are meaningless, and you can just beeline for whatever you want to take instead of having to account for the ground...
  5. Grimaldus

A Simple but Important Suggestion about Travel

Something probably very easy to implement, but also very important, is the Castles and Cities (probably not villages though), blocking any hostile parties from crossing past them in a certain radius, without first assaulting the castle. ESPECIALLY in cases where a castle or town rests at a...
  6. Grimaldus

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

earl of bronze said:
    A few questions about the patches:

1:Can I install just he latest one over my install from Moddb?
    2:grin:o I have to start a new campaign?
    3:Most importantly does it fix the utter bs of Gundabad getting 5:1 odds when they only outnumber me 2 or 3 to 1? That makes a winnable battle a nightmare.
    4:grin:oes it do anything about the damn wargs running into my troops after their riders are killed? They are not guided missiles for God's sake.
    wargs are trained to seek out and kill the enemy, so that last bit makes perfect sense, and having a warg just stop moving wouldn't make any sense.
  7. Grimaldus

Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

no feature i can nail down, but my biggest issues with warband (other than sieges which have already been fixed) were quests being REALLY lacking and simple, so more fleshed out quests, and the fact that becoming a lord/sovereign was the only late game.
    i want there to be other paths. whether you become a powerful bandit lord, or a super powerful bounty hunter who gets hired to hunt people down and takes on hideouts alone or hunts criminals, serves as champions for lords, fights in arenas, protect from assassination attempts and serve as a bodyguard, or a powerful trader/merchant. just having more alternatives to becoming a lord--i don't want to go down the same path every time i play. so more variety for late game, and a more sustainable early game, so that i don't HAVE to progress if i don't want to--don't have to have a village to maintain a decent army.
  8. Grimaldus

Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Warhammer.
    but not that ****ty warsword mod, where i can hire a skaven and an orc while im a vampire, leading my army of dwarves, chaos warriors, and empire soldiers.
    an actual lore accurate warhammer mod, as lore accurate as the lotr mod the last days of the third age.

edit:
    ALSO, SOLID AND SHADE FOR BANNERLORD PLS PLS PLS

honestly, a warhammer mod could use the solid and shade form of necromancy, where you have to start as a human and BECOME a vampire, and necromancy works completely differently from recruiting.
  9. Grimaldus

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Random suggestion that popped into my head--ambushes. During some battles, whether when you attack caravans, or maybe give people a chance to sneak up on you or something, you should be able to attack/defend in a similar way to how total war ambushes work.

You'd deploy in the forest or some obscured area super near the enemy, while the enemy would be lined up, marching on a road, or you would be on the road and the enemy is nearby ready to strike.

Which gives me another idea--roads. should be from city to city, maybe include towns, you travel slightly faster and the map has a road on it if you are on the road.
  10. Grimaldus

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord at E3 2017 – Our Thoughts

kraggrim ?️ said:
    I've never previously been worried about Bannerlord. I always gave TW the benefit of the doubt, chose to be optimistic. "Communication just isn't part of their company culture," "they're just making sure it's a quality product" and so on. Until we heard they're now adding stances. Making what seems like a big change to a core game mechanic at this late stage. Now I'm a wee bit worried.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe stances aren't actually a big deal to add with the way they've structured things. Maybe they've been developing stances as a core part of it all along and just never even hinted at it. Maybe they're in the videos and we just never noticed it, and maybe the reviewers who played it never happened to press that hotkey.

Maybe.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't actually matter of BL takes an age to release. Or if the fans have an accurate picture of when that release will be. Still, would be nice for us to have some assurance :smile:.
    Stances? I didn't catch that word anywhere, could you provide a quote or something? Curious exactly what they said and meant by stances. Hopefully that just means something like bracing Spears and pikes, locking shields together, things like that.
  11. Grimaldus

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

ChaosDragonBorn said:
    I want to add to this
    -More impactful cavalry charge (I want to see people flying)
    -The ability to build up your own encampment or settlement like in Viking Conquest
    - Decapitations
    people don't go flying when cavalry hit them. thats not how physics works. you get SLAMMED IMMEDIATELY into the ground.
  12. Grimaldus

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Nordmann said:
    Darkstar616 said:
    Yeah I wouldn't expect them to show anything new or even announce anything. At best we might get a new blog but if it's like the last one then I honestly don't care at this point, just hoping that they're actually getting close to finishing the game or at least getting to an early access stage, I'd assume they'd only go early access if they ran out of funds though.

I'm beginning to worry about ever seeing it at all. It shouldn't take 5 years for a game like this, particularly when the engine isn't exactly cutting edge in the first place. They're not a small indie team any more, so it's unlikely to be a manpower issue.
    As said before, most games don't even announce until they are basically finished with the game. By the time you hear about any game other than a select few, or any on kickstarter, they are virtually finished. We have known about this game from the moment they started, so of COURSE it's going to take a LONG time. IMO they should have waited to announce it, but they did what they did so we're just going to have to be patient.
  13. Grimaldus

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

This may have already been discussed, but I'm going to say it anyway. Something I'm really hoping from this game is that becoming a lord/ruler is not the only mid/late game option. Bandit lord, mercenary party, these things should be fleshed out as a playstyle, rather than as stepping stones on the only path you can take. For one, attacking caravans should not garner any negative relation with a faction unless people are able to successfully flee from you. This alone makes attacking caravans a viable option for mid game players who are unable to take on lords, and can give a lot of gold and make this type of play sustainable. More mercenary missions--clearing out ruins, killing bandits, etc, should be available, as well as participating in wars only for a certain amount of time. Sometimes I don't want to become a lord, but the gameplay before a lord is only a precursor in warband, as it's nearly impossible to sustain large numbers any other way. Making a bandit hideout or mercenary outpost, these should be part of these alternative paths.
  14. Grimaldus

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Where should I go to give suggestions for Bannerlord? I saw a place for suggestions to Warband, but none for Bannerlord.
    I'm just wanting them to make it so that playing as a mercenary company is more possible/sustainable, and another alternative to becoming a lord/sovereign.
Back
Top Bottom