Recent content by Got Guitarma?

1. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    Guitarma said:
    Hey guys,

Quick question that I feel is kinda stupid. What happens if you compile your module while you have the game open? Will it cause errors? Every time I compile my module, I exit the game beforehand and relaunch it. Is this how it's supposed to be done or have I been wasting tons of time? I tried looking through the early tutorials I used when first starting, and just realized it never mentions one way or the other.

Thanks!

I did this also before (sometimes still) but Khamukkamu explained me that it is easier (and less time consuming) to work with the windowed mode. If you have the game in windowed mode, you can click there on 'View' and then 'Restore Module Data'. There are however two important notes to this:
    1) You have to quit to the main menu first, then use restore module data.
    2) If you have made changes to module.ini or one of the BRFs, then they won't show up. In this case you need to relaunch the game

Thanks so much. This'll hopefully save a lot of time in the future. I'm amazed that there isn't any sort of official documentation or tutorials on this!
  2. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hey guys,

Quick question that I feel is kinda stupid. What happens if you compile your module while you have the game open? Will it cause errors? Every time I compile my module, I exit the game beforehand and relaunch it. Is this how it's supposed to be done or have I been wasting tons of time? I tried looking through the early tutorials I used when first starting, and just realized it never mentions one way or the other.

Thanks!
  3. Is There an Easier Way to Playtest MP Mods?

Thanks for the responses!

When I said that I was using LAN, I just meant I used a LAN server in-game. Also, I should clarify that the bug testing I'm doing has more to do with testing the server and client events than it has to do with basic bug testing. On a single machine, it works fine. I'm just having some difficulties when there are multiple people running the same module.

Also, over the course of writing this reply, I just figured out you can move files to other computers over the same network (which is what I'm assuming you meant when you said LAN). I feel pretty stupid for not realizing this before, as it looks like it's a pretty key feature of PCs. Well this is revolutionary!

Thanks for your help!
  4. Is There an Easier Way to Playtest MP Mods?

Hello all, I'm working on a multiplayer mod, and am currently trying to test the mod with two players. The only problem I'm having at the moment is that setting up every test is a tedious and time-consuming process at the moment. Currently I'm borrowing my friend's Steam account and copy of M&B...
  5. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hey guys,

So I've been working on a mod for Warband for a few months now, and I've managed to learn a lot. Right now, though, I feel completely in over my head.

The mod I've been working on is multiplayer, but I've up until recently only been running it on my one machine. The mod I'm working on is supposed to be a Warband Captain Mode mod, like the planned game mode in Bannerlord. Everything was working fine and there were very few bugs. Then I borrowed my friend's Steam account and logged into it on my other computer in order to test out the mod with multiple people playing at once. I was expecting there to be some issues with server and client events not syncing, but nothing that I couldn't handle. As soon as I joined the server with my friend's account, everything flew out the window. There are so many bugs, and I have no idea why they are happening. Some of the bugs include:

-Client players spawning with no helmets, boots, or weapons.
    -Client machines showing everyone as being teammates, even though they are not (bots will still attack enemies, but it displays kills as friendly fire in the message log).
    -My custom presentations not working for either client or host.

If anyone wants to look at any specific part of my code, I'll share it. It's just that the problems seem so far reaching that I don't even know which pieces of code are relevant. I have no ideas what's causing this, and I have no idea how to even go about trying to figure out the causes. Any help would be appreciated.
  6. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Found it! Just had to verify the integrity of the game files. Thanks for the help!
  7. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I don't seem to have a ui.csv file in my languages folder. I also don't have an English language folder. Is it somewhere else?
  8. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hey guys.
    Does anybody have any idea as to how one would go about changing the division names in a specific mission template (i.e. changing the little message that pops up when you press "1" from "Infantry, hear me" to "x, hear me")?
    Thanks
  9. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thanks, that's a lot of help. I'll be sure to use the edit button next time.
  10. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Oh and one more bigger question:

I'm trying to make a small formation tweak where when a division gets a hold position order, it forms up on that position in three rows, rather than the regular one (I just think it looks better and is more realistic). The method I've decided to use is I'm going to split the division into three smaller divisions and just have it so that when all of the divisions get a hold position order, the first division goes to the original order position, the second division goes a little ways behind it, and the third goes a little ways behind that one. The big problem I've been getting is that whenever I try this, all three divisions just end up going to the same place, despite me changing the order position for divisions 2 and 3. Is there something I'm missing when it comes to moving order positions around? Here's the script for it:
    ("form_ranks",
    [
      (store_script_param_1, ":eek:rder_code"),
      (store_script_param_2, ":captain_agent"),
      (agent_get_team, ":captains_team", ":captain_agent"),
      (team_get_order_position, pos35, ":captains_team", 0), #get the original order position

(copy_position, pos37, pos36), #create hold location for div 2 (1)
    #   (position_copy_rotation, pos37, pos36), #copy the rotation of the original order pos
      (position_move_y, pos37, -200, 0), #move the pos back two meters behind first row
      (copy_position, pos38, pos36), #create hold location of div 3 (2)
    #   (position_copy_rotation, pos38, pos36),
      (position_move_y, pos38, -400, 0), #move the pos back four meters behind first row
      (team_set_order_listener, ":captains_team", -1, 0), #reset order listener to no one

(team_set_order_listener, ":captains_team", 1, 0),
      (team_set_order_position, ":captains_team", 1, pos36),
      (team_give_order, ":captains_team", 1, 0),
      (team_set_order_listener, ":captains_team", -1, 0),

(team_set_order_listener, ":captains_team", 2, 0),
      (team_set_order_position, ":captains_team", 2, pos37),
      (team_give_order, ":captains_team", 2, 0),
      (team_set_order_listener, ":captains_team", -1, 0),

(team_set_order_listener, ":captains_team", 0, 0),

]),
  11. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hey

I've got a number of smaller questions this time:
    1. Is there any way to edit the native formations or are they hardcoded? If it is possible, where is the code for them stored?
    2. I've been trying to find a tutorial on how presentations work. I can't seem to find any tho. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find presentation tutorials?
    3. Do order positions have rotations, and if so do the rotations indicate the direction that troops will face and line up perpendicularly to? (by order positions, I mean the position that is received by using the team_get_order_position operation)
    4. There seems to be a difference between the hold position command where you use the orders menu and the hold position command where you hold down F1 to place a flag. What is the order code for the hold F1 command?
  12. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thanks, I totally missed that little part. I just assumed the whole error was gibberish. Lesson learned, always go thru the entire error.
  13. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hey again,

Getting a really strange error when I try to compile:

*** Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (W.R.E.C.K.) version 1.0.0 ***
    Please report errors, problems and suggestions at http://lav.lomskih.net/wreck/

Loading module... DONE.
    Loading plugins... DONE.
    Checking module syntax... DONE.
    Allocating identifiers... DONE.
    Compiling module... FAILED.
    COMPILER INTERNAL ERROR:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "compile.py", line 310, in <module>
        entities[index] = entity_def['processor'](entities[index], index)
      File "C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\Mod Sys w WRECK\Source\compiler.py", l
    ine 1202, in process_mission_templates
        try: output.append('%f %f %f  %s  %s ' % (t0, t1, t2, parse_module_code(scri
    pt1, 'mt.%s(#%d).%s.condition' % (e[0], index, trigger_to_string(t0))), parse_mo
    dule_code(script2, 'mt.%s(#%d).%s.body' % (e[0], index, trigger_to_string(t0))))
    )
    ine 1488, in parse_module_code
        raise MSException('failed to parse operand %r for operation %s in %s on line
    %d' % (operand, opcode_to_string(command[0]), script_name, index+1), *e.args)
    ine 1379, in opcode_to_string
        if opcode & this_or_next: result.append('this_or_next')
    TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'str' and 'int'

COMPILATION FAILED.

Displaying W.R.E.C.K. performance information.
    Use show_performance_data = False directive in module_info.py file to disable.

2.632 sec spent to load module data.
        0.001 sec spent to load plugins.
        0.883 sec spent to check module syntax.
        0.274 sec spent to allocate identifiers.
        1.456 sec spent to compile module.

>>> 5.258 sec total time spent. <<<

Press any key to continue . . .

Anyone got any ideas on what it could mean?
  14. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Ah thanks to both of you. That helps a lot. I'm trying to add in new ai bot formations, but for multiplayer bots.
  15. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hello again everyone,

I'm trying to make a multiplayer mod that requires some new key bindings. I looked thru lav's header_operations.py and found the key_clicked operation, but it only allows you to store the key that's pressed, not the player/agent ID that pressed it. I'm assuming this would cause all players to react as if they had just pressed the key, rather than just the one actually pressing the key. Either that, or it's only a singleplayer function. Whatever happens, I need to find some kind of work around.

Anyone got any ideas?

While I'm here, I'd also like to know if all of the orders listed in headers_mission_templates.py actually work in Native, even the ones that aren't used in the base game.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom