Recent content by Googlesoar

1. Pacemaker Mod not working

Hey all, wasn't sure where to post this so I chose this section. I was using the Pacemaker mod for some time with no issues until the newest patch 1.5.5. Now the game wont launch at all during start up(before the Taleworlds cinematic), Harmony also doesn't even popup with an exception window it...
  2. Heroes die in Simulated Battles?

Currently, heroes do not die in simulated battles, but we're working on a model that would enable deaths in simulations. It's a delicate balance and it will take some time to collate results from different trials. We are testing ranges of 0.1% to 1% chance of death if the hero is "killed" in the simulation. (They always considered wounded if "killed" in the simulation for now.) Also investigating possibility of modified chances based on their level/medicine etc.
    Hopefully, it will be in the future patches. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for posting! Nice to see developers take an active role like this :grin:
  3. Heroes die in Simulated Battles?

Yep. I lost my sister in battle and she was only 19. Had good armor and weapons and everything. I've lost 2 Companions in a single battle. I had 7 Companions once and was down to only 1 single one left alive after a long war with both the Vlandians and Khuzaits that lasted 3-4 years. So yeah, you can lose everyone. I lost my wife a few years later against the Western Empire despite the fact we outnumbered them about 2 to 1 and suffered almost no casualties. She was literally the only lord to die on either side.

Damn RIP your wife :/ but these were simulated battles or your actually fought?
  4. Heroes die in Simulated Battles?

As the post asks, are you or your siblings/companions and enemies able to die during simulated battles or will it always turn out wounded?
  5. Why didn't the son (heir) become king?

I guess historically, there was always debate in kingdoms about inheritance. Powerful lords always wanted a say. Weak kings couldn't always prevent that. Powerful kings wanted their kids to inherit, but sometimes their kids weren't capable of keeping power. There is no standard.

Often warlord societies could be elective in nature - for example, many early English kingdoms were very much elective - in fact England was nominally elective until the 18th century - even though by the early middle ages it had essentially become blood inheritance in practice. The same is also true of many steppe societies - the famous example being Mongol prince Batu's withdrawal from Europe to join the leadership election. The Holy Roman Empire was another famous elective monarchy, but again, the elective element became ceremonial over time. Heirs were often chosen and elected from within closely related ruling families - and by the middle ages, all the most important families were connected to the royal line, and even when these monarchies were elective, plenty of legitimacy was still gained from being anointed heir by the previous king. Over time as power and wealth was closely kept by one or two families and nations became more bureaucratic these elections became more ceremonial in nature rather than actual elections, or they were dropped altogether.

So I don't see any problem with elections for successors to kings in Bannerlord. Although variety would be a fun way of differentiating factions. But that's a whole lot of coding.

Thanks so much for the in depth reply, I honestly thought it was blood inheritance all throughout
  6. Why didn't the son (heir) become king?

In Poland quite the other way around - was blood inheritance for centuries and at the end of middle ages changed to elections (teribble change to be honest - costed us degradation from empire to counrty erased from maps).
    So there are plenty of historical examples of election based kings in many parts of the world. Guess this is the case developers choosed for Bannerlord.

Thank you for the reply :razz:
  7. Why didn't the son (heir) become king?

Yes. In my play through Derthert died and the election started making me the new ruler of Vlandia.
    However, if my main hero dies (tried only by console) and I choose an heir (wife or brother), the heir becomes the new ruler.

Thank you for replying friend :smile:,

so is this historically accurate? I thought it was just always the case that the heir becomes the next in line (too much GOT maybe lol)
  8. Why didn't the son (heir) become king?

So I executed the main leader, the king, of the battanians expecting that his child would become next in line. Can anyone tell me why he didn't and it was someone who was not related to him at all? And can that happen with my own kingdom too?
  9. Unable to play game after installing Nexus Mods

right click the game in your steam library -> properties -> beta -> "select the beta you would like to opt into" chose "NONE -opt out of all beta programs"

Nice looks like that was already selected, thank you though!
  10. Unable to play game after installing Nexus Mods

Check out this mod , this is a mod order helper . Read about it and than start downloading mod by mod and it will work just fine.

Thank you so much my friend :grin:
  11. Unable to play game after installing Nexus Mods

Make sure you are not in experimental i had this issue and had to opt out of beta programs on steam

How would I check this?
  12. Unable to play game after installing Nexus Mods

I was looking at
    Calradia at War
    Improved Garrisons 3.0
    Houses of Calradia
    Pacemaker

these were the 4 that I really wanted and I know with some of them there are dependent mods that I also needed which were:

Mod Configuration Menu
    Butterlib
    UIExtenderEx
    Harmony
  13. Unable to play game after installing Nexus Mods

No problem , i understand your passion towards this game. I love it too.

Mods work , but it depends what version of game you have and if the mods are updated for the latest version and if they are in order.

If you make a mistake than files get corrupted and whole game wont work.

Ok try to start your game if it doesnt work add me on discord like i said.

I can start a new game! This is already better than what it was, but I thought I removed the saved documents I had but I still see them as an option to load, should I refrain from loading it and just start over?
  14. Unable to play game after installing Nexus Mods

It might , but even when you uninstall game and install it back there are 2 folders with bannerlord leftovers that might be corrupted and thats the reason for game crashing . If you cant start game add me on discord Varadin#1147 and ill fix your problem

I downloaded CCleaner and cleaned up my pc and fixed all the dll issues, I had 187 :/

I also found the the folder in my documents that had save files in it, and deleted that.

I just want to say thank you for replying to me and offering to help me to completion <3, I love this game and just wanted some mods to make it a little better.

Do you have any idea why this happened in the first place? Does it not support mods
  15. Unable to play game after installing Nexus Mods

delete bannerlord files in documents.

Dowload CCleaner and clean your PC and clean registry.
    I will try it now , I have to wait for the game to reinstall, i uninstalled hoping it would work.
Back
Top Bottom