Recent content by Goodkat

1. I uninstalled Bannerlord today - I literally cannot join a Multiplayer server

I haven't tried Bannerlord since the release. Today I updated the game and launched MP, without any optimism, but I still had hope. Three times I tried to join a TDM server and three times the game crashed without even loading the map. I can't anymore. I know you've all read your fair share...
  2. so is this game dead now?

If they released a stable version of multiplayer tomorrow, with custom servers.. I don't think the player count would significantly improve.

The multiplayer has just been lacking the bare minimum for such a long time, I don't know how can any game dig itself out of this hole.
  3. This is unplayable (Stuttering 1.7.2)

I'm playing on lowest graphic settings. Lowest. The game looks horrible. And its STILL LAGGING. Please, Taleworlds, make this a priority!
  4. Revert to 1.7.1 update, focus on crashes and custom servers

Bannerlord is a good game. I'd be happy to keep playing even if balance stayed just as it is. The only thing TW needs to do is fix the stability issues, which is probably not an easy thing with all the spaghetti in the code, but its a one time fix. And once you resolve stability issues, just enable custom servers and BOOM - you have a fun, functional multiplayer!

Its really that simple. Stability and Custom servers. Its never too late to do the right thing.
  5. Taleworlds you good?

Worst is they probably feel like they're developing multiplayer in the desired direction by adding new game modes, balance patches and even an in game cosmetics shop. It's almost like they're following a roadmap laid down perhaps a decade ago. And looking at their roadmap from a distance, everything might seem to be going according to plan... But it's not. Your plan for Bannerlord multiplayer is a husk of it's initial vision, Taleworlds, a complete miss and a distraction from actual issues plaguing multiplayer.

But its not too late. The community is still here, and MP can easily be turned around to become a smashing hit. It'll take some dedication to allocate all available resources into fixing the stability issues and making the ranked system functional. It'll also take a radical shift in your vision to allow private/custom servers in MP. But this needs to happen TW, if you want Bannerlord multiplayer ot have a future.
  6. Vlandia Rebalance When?

I agree. Nothing like starting a round of TDM or Siege fighting a bunch of Peasants, only to face an army of Vlandian Sergeants on the very next respawn. And these Sergeants are especially annoying and plentiful in TDM and Siege, and very often they'll simply overpower every infantry battle. Lesser factions like Khuzait, Empire and even Aserai can't hope to match them in infantry battles, while Battania and Sturgia can only hold their lines.

And that would be ok if Vlandia was primarily an infantry faction - but Vlandia is also the best cavalry faction and one of the best archery factions as well. Sharpshooters in particular are annoying as hell. I mean, is there any other ranged troop that frightens you more than a pack of Sharpshooters? Admit it. Once a band of entrenched Sharpshooters reaches a critical mass, they're more threatening than any combination of troops I can think of.

And Peasants are the worst part of it. They're supposed to be the Achilles heel of Vlandian's roster. But they're actually quite formidable fighters, as long as you can scavenge literally any weapon. And with the Looter perk, while costing only 80 gold and having access to aforementioned Sergeant and Sharpshooter troops, Peasants acutally become the strongest light infantry in the game. Screw Battanian clansmen, screw Sturgian warriors... Peasants somehow end up outclassing all of them.
  7. Should MP developers be fired? VOTE IN POLL

Sure, this poll is ridiculous. But it's an accurate reflection of the current state of Bannerlord and its community. I mean, the condition of BL multiplayer is just bizarre at this point. How's it even possible that 10 years into development you get still critical bugs like the Skirmish and Captain mode having only one server up at a time?

It's like, less features are working now than they did 2 years ago when EA started. And all this is happening in 2022, when game companies are setting up servers to host millions of players. Meanwhile we're lucky if TW servers will still be able to support this shoddy community of a few hundreds of players after the latest patch.

If someone told me it was possible to mess up a game this badly, I wouldn't believe him.
  8. Servers are broken, Taleworlds please fix

How's it possible we can't have stable servers in the year of our Lord 2022?

How can critical bugs like these still happen after 2 years into early access and 10 years into actual development?

How is there anyone still left playing this game?

Is this even real life?

What is being done to our beloved M&B franchise?
  9. Lost me Badges

Tried playing skirmish. Still missing most of my badges.
  10. Lost me Badges

I've been playing since 2020, got lots of badges for over 750 wins in TDM mode. Now they're all gone. All I have is a 20 wins badge that was somehow awarded to me recently. Those badges are the only thing I've to show for over a year of multiplayer, so I'm wondering if there's any way to get me...
  11. Plans to add Custom servers to the game?

Well that's.. disheartening. Thank you for the reply.
  12. Plans to add Custom servers to the game?

Are there plans to allow people to host their own Bannerlord servers? If so, when can we expect this update? I realize this topic has probably has been discussed at length, however, after playing this game on and off since EA launched, I can't help but ponder this question, as the bounty of...
  13. Class Loadouts Don't Save

Wasn't this always the case tho? Irrc, class loadouts NEVER saved properly. Or was this fixed at some point only to get broken again?

At any rate, I need to comment how incredibly amusing it is to see something so basic as saving class loadouts not working. It's even more amusing when you realize that all the work that went into creating the Armory menu is rendered completely useless by this trivial bug. Classic Bannerlord.
  14. Bannerlord online more toxic than chernobyl

While I do agree this behavior is horrible, I think that new players would have a far better time playing TDM or Duels to improve at the game.

Skirmish is highly competitive. And while playing with high caliber players is the best way to learn, it's also the steepest learning curve you can find. In a game that already has one of the steepest learning curves out there. That's in addition to the fact that in Skrimish every player on the team needs to know their business for the team to win, which puts even more pressure on newbies.

Meanwhile, nobody cares if you suck in a TDM match. You're free to learn at your own pace, and once you get good in TDM and Duels, you'll see Skirmish mode suddenly makes a lot more sense.
  15. Anyone else getting disconnected from main menu?

I think the Login server is down. That's why you keep getting logged out.

Definitely an exciting new bug to add to the list of multiplayer issues. And its been going on for hours, can't login properly.
Back
Top Bottom