Recent content by Gishank

1. RELEASE: DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

Taleworlds' private server monetisation policy has no baring on the scriptset, or the setup services we provide. Of course, if DanyEle chooses to eventually release the scriptset as an OSP, that's entirely down to him.

2. RELEASE: DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

If the instructions in the supplied documentation are followed, and the prerequisites are met, then the scriptset will function correctly. As was explained to you through Steam, Ramaraunt, your issue is as a result of using PHP7. PHP7 completely removes the deprecated MySQL functionset. You could address this in one of two notable ways. The first would be by installing an older PHP version (such as 5.3) which is supported by the scriptset. The second (which requires some working knowledge of PHP) would be modify the scriptset, replacing MySQL functions with MySQLi/PDO.

If you lack the knowledge to do either of these yourself, then we offer a set up service for both the scriptset alone, and PHP/MySQL/Apache. This is charged at £20/£50 respectively. It is not a requirement for you to be able to use the scriptset, and I strongly encourage you to invest some time in researching, and learning how to install and appropriately configure PHP, MySQL, Apache; it is knowledge that will benefit you in the long-term running of your community.

When the scriptset's backend was originally created, it was never anticipated that it would eventually be released publicly. As a result, it was not created with commonly-accepted best practices in mind. The plan was to retrofit the backend, replacing the outdated MySQL with MySQLi/PDO; however, with the decline of PW's popularity, incentive and motivation to do this rapidly diminished.

Anywho, it has been brought to DanyEle's attention that a number of people are experiencing difficulty when using the scriptset with communities that are non-English speaking, and primarily use non-UTF8 characters. This is related to the sanitisation feature that is included with the main release. Please see a link below to a version that does not include this feature.

PW_SCRIPTSET_PUBLIC_FINALVER_NOSANISIATION.rar - MEGA.nz
  3. Answering The Script Power bs thread.

If you make a thread on a public forum, especially making statements that are implied to be factual, then you should expect people to engage you in discourse. If you would rather avoid a flame-war, then perhaps it'd be best to avoid making such claims.

I'm posting in this thread purely to correct some inaccuracies regarding the scriptset that DanyEle and I released on these forums. :smile:

• DanyEle is not Chinese, he is Italian.
    • The official release package contains a "Readme.docx" file containing step-by-step instructions on how to install and configure the scriptset. When followed, the scriptset will function as intended. These instructions are intended to be easy to follow, but have been made with the presumption that the person(s) following them have a minimal understanding of how MySQL, PHP, and Mount & Blade: Warband gameservers work. Your thread suggests that it is virtually impossible to install the scriptset without our assistance, which would be wholly incorrect.
    • If someone is unable, or simply unwilling to install the scriptset themselves, then a service is offered to install and configure the scriptset. The charge for this service is £20 GBP, or £50 if PHP, MySQL, Apache (or equivalent webserver) also need to be installed and configured.
    • "scripts are a bit dated": Whilst it is true that the scriptset has not received an update since its public release, they are still fit-for-purpose. Once a community grows to a reasonable size, one would expect that they would look in to making their own scriptset with personalised features to further their communities growth. It is worth noting however, that the scriptset was created before the release of PHP 7.x. PHP 7.x removes the MySQL in favour of MySQLi/PDO. As such, if someone intends to use our scriptset with an install of PHP 7.x they would need a deeper understanding of PHP to make the scriptset compatible.
  4. RELEASE: DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

cone said:
    I installed a program called USBWebServer that has Apache and MySQL, i configured the database using this topic as a guide --> https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=299534.0, followed the instructions and linked everything to 127.0.0.1. If i go to my browser and type 127.0.0.1/backend/pwnameserver for instance i have acess to the administration page, but still i cant spawn in-game... Does anyone know what to do?

This would suggest that you've not set up the strings.txt correctly. Please post what you have entered for

str_scripts_location_address http://pwbackend.aleragaming.com/
    str_webserver_address http://pwbackend.aleragaming.com/sanitisation
  5. [OSP] Chat Sanitisation

gedizz said:
    instead of wasting your time on this, use WSE to sanitize without external filtration.

Depending on the level of access that a person has, they may not have the ability to implement WSE. Plus, WSE can cause other issues.
  6. Can anybody help me ?

JasonChow900415 said:
    Just that there is a problem, my character does not enter the game, stays forever in SPECTER mode.

This is because you've not set up the scriptset correctly. The gameserver is unable to connect to the scriptset's backend. Please refer to the supplied readme documentation for a detailed guide on how to install the scriptset. Should you need someone to setup and install the scriptset for you, including PHP, APACHE, MySQL, etc, we also offer that (with a fee, noted in our thread/readme).
  7. Script PW 4.5

Ramaraunt said:
    I talked to this fellow, and he has had a bad time. He has payed multiple people for services, and they all have failed him with crappy and unusable scripts. None of them are accepting refunds. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

People he asked for scripts include Geidizz and Connor from Oasis Hosting. I have had problems with Connor before, with a Minecraft server I purchased. I have also heard complaints from other server owners about Connor, so I am not going to recommend him to other people any more until he fixes his issues.

I ask, if there is anyone in the skill to add DanyEle's script to his server? Would you please do this for free, as this guy has gone through enough trouble already.

If they've failed to provide the service that they've been paid for, then he could always turn to Paypal (or whichever payment provider he used) dispute system.
  8. Scripts 4.5

A quick search of the forums would find what you seek: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,357520.0.html

9. Rolepay Latino help pw

Ramaraunt said:
    DanyEle's scripts are "free", but you have to pay him 60 dollars to get them to actually work.

I'm not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion. If you follow the installation instructions then the scriptset will work fine.

Of course, this is rather off topic now... So feel free to pop me a PM if you're aware of any bugs that need resolving.
  10. Dedicated Server Version Error

The server executables supplied in the download are outdated versions, and no longer compatible with the current version of Warband. You can get the latest versions from the Taleworld's website: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download and use them alongside the PW Module.
  11. [EU/NA]Oasis Hosting - Biggest Mount & Blade Warband Server Host! - 15% off

Please stop referring to the scriptset as "open source"; it isn't an open-source release*.

Release Documentation said:
    You may not profit either directly or indirectly off of any of the work contained within this release. If you are a server provider and you wish to include the scriptset as part of your service offer, you must do so for free; you may not charge any fees to provide the scriptset, nor may you increase existing fees to include this item. You must also provide credit to DanyEle as the author of the scriptset, and provide a link to the Taleworld’s thread where people can acquire this scriptset.

You are charging a setup fee for your service-users to be able to access and use the scriptset, which is in violation of the release terms. Even if the fee is optional (though your website doesn't make this very clear), it is still prohibited.

*It does however make use of an OSP, Chat Sanitisation, which was released by us.
  12. [EU/NA]Oasis Hosting - Biggest Mount & Blade Warband Server Host! - 15% off

althalus311 said:
    domipoppe said:
    The Persistent World scripts which Oasis Hosting is offering are no longer provided/supported by me. Since ages not anymore.
    They are an old set which has bugs and is broken. It has money glitch issues, ban issues, and name tag issues.

For example, if you put [] those brackets in your name and you get banned, you still can join back easily.
    For example, if you deposit money and drop a money bag shortly before, you dupe money.
    And other glitches...

I still do not understand why Oasis Hosting is offering it partly. Not my problem, but to make it clear, it is not mine updated and working scripts.
    Just wanted to point out because Conner decided to **** talk Arctic Servers and me to customers of him. Like it would be "my" fault that the scripts are bugged, even tho, I'm not working with him anymore. Or how Oasis Hosting supreme power is better than Arctic Servers and stupid marketing tactics like that.

King Regards,
    Meijk/Dominic from King Solutions.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to post this warning on our thread. Thankfully, the issues you've raised have been resolved by our migration to the open source scriptset Found Here. This means that most issues with the scripts are patched out, and also has the added benefit of being cheaper for our customers as they no longer have to pay the monthly rental fee. The costs are now reduced to a setup fee and web hosting charge should they choose to make use of those services.

As for the supposed "**** talking", I can't speak for every case but in my experience Conner only ever provides potential customers who request the information with a comparison of hardware between the hosts. In this case, his saying that our hardware is superior for Mount&Blade is justified when compared with the servers listed here (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=343236.0) and here (http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=31135.0), as taking into account location and specifications for that customer's needs they were.

If you have any issues with the way we do business, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We're always more than willing to take on board any feedback you may have. However, as is always the case, forming it as if you have been attacked while posting on a public forum is not the best way to go about it. We're both established, professional server hosts. We should contact each other like companies, not like the overly dramatic members of this community tend to.

Kind regards,

Althalus
    Director, Oasis Hosting

You shouldn't be doing this. :smile:
  13. RELEASE: DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

Ramaraunt said:
    I tested this out for the lolz, and I found that you can't even spawn. something is bugged.

When configured correctly, the scriptset functions fine. Not being able to spawn suggests that there is an issue with the scriptset connecting to the database. Double-check everything is configured according to the readme.
  14. Local chat problem

Hi.

If everything else is working except chat (local, admin, faction), then I would advise that you double-check you have performed "Step 9" in the readme; as the issue suggests sanitisation isn't configured correctly.

9) Change “str_webserver_address” to the location of the “backend/sanitisation” folder. If you have a domain name, this could read “example.com/backend/sanitisation. This should include “http://” 
  15. A strange error

Jesse, you know, you could help the guy rather than trying to milk him for cash constantly.  :party:

Anyway, Martin7, it's hard to comment further without knowing more detail and seeing the code itself. Unless you're dead-set on getting the Combined World functionality of PW working, you could always try this.
Back
Top Bottom