Recent content by Geoseogan

1. Geoseogan

Resolved Application crashed because a fatal error occured while checking sound bank files

I have the exact same issue, same error message (100% identical) to the one posted by the OP. This only happens on my Bannerlord Mod Tools. I tried deleting the PC folder under Sounds, then validating, to no avail. No mods. Tried clean install too, also to no avail, followed by another attempt at deleting PC then validating. Still get the same error message.

I am on 1.5.10 beta. Again, the normal base game works fine, it's just the modding kit that is not working.

Edit:
    After attempting these fixes, I gave up. Went to play my normal singleplayer game, and now I get random freezes in which everything pauses even on the main menu, my body randomly turned invisible and some troops randomly turned naked, and other issues. I don't know how or why.
    Update: I uninstalled the modding tools, now my game is working as normal.
  2. Geoseogan

Main questline restricts gameplay and is plain boring.

So on the one hand, you dislike the quest.

On the other hand you miss the quest line you DID enjoy and want to see what happens next.

So...?
    Those are two different quests.
  3. Geoseogan

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

• Unclear concepts of what you actually have to do to raise some skills. (Why wasn't someone hired to make proper tool tips?)

This is where my problem rests with the new system. I like the new system aside from the lack of details for training certain skills.
  4. Geoseogan

Main questline restricts gameplay and is plain boring.

It took me almost 120 days and over half a real-world day to complete arduous yet menial task of hunting down lords across Calradia to find out information that I do not need. Additionally, I am bummed about not being able to find my two siblings and continue down that quest line since it's evidently not finished.
  5. Geoseogan

Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

I was disappointed to see this much of a radical change to Calradia as well. Additionally, the geography technically does not make sense anyways for either world. Both of those aside, in the end I am content with the new Calradia and it really does feel like a very different game altogether.
  6. Geoseogan

[QUESTION] "You need -10 relation with ."

I had this happen to me as well. When I decided to quit the Kingdom that I was servicing as a mercenary, it gave me -40 relations with all the lords in that kingdom. Later I spoke with one of the lords and sought to reenlist as a mercenary, only to be greeted with "You need -10 relations with ."
  7. Geoseogan

POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

If they're able to implement an option to disable aging, then I'm all for that and certainly wouldn't oppose it (I voted for the "Yes, the game should have options to emulate the legacy titles if the user desires" option); otherwise, I am personally fine with the aging mechanics and probably would not turn it off if it were an option to do so.
  8. Geoseogan

Strange Armor Set in Gekokujo

Emperor_Munda said:
    Navigating through the cheat menu in Gekokujo I discovered that the Strange Armor Set is still in the game, with slightly better stats and different names (the Torso is now "Okegawa Armor", the helmet is "Kabuto Mempo" and the boots are "Sune Ate").

And I wanted to ask, how do you get the set? Does it appear in shops as normal or are "secret" like in Native?
    Thanks.

It does not appear in shops, and from what I have seen so far in the files, it might not be secret either.  The only way to obtain this set might be through the cheat menu.  I could be mistaken, but that is just my observation so far.
  9. Geoseogan

Which version of Gekokujo is the right one to download?

Use this link to get Gekokujo 3.0:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29QA_i8Xg9iMFYySHBRdDBCVkE/edit

Then download the 3.1 beta patch here (to install, extract all files and then put them into the Gekokujo module folder and overwrite the old files):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29QA_i8Xg9ieWFHX2FnVEkxQjg/view

Alternatively, if you want a game with more content (albeit has numerous random bugs, though definitely still playable), then checkout Daimyo Edition submod (does not require Gekokujo to run):
    First, install this: https://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-updated-version/downloads/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-30-full-version
    Then this: https://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-updated-version/downloads/daimyo-edition-3-0-quick-fix-1-and-2
    Lastly this: https://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-updated-version/downloads/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-31
  10. Geoseogan

Crackling sound

marienus said:
    I know I am another person who is replying to this after several years, but this issue recently began after I upgraded my PC. It only occures on this  specific game. Sadly the fix mentioned several posts above does not work. Since this fix is working for most people I probably won't get this to work anytime soon, I just wanted to get the message out that this issue is not gone.

Any help will be appreciated nonetheless.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I had also upgraded to windows 10 around the same time.

I am also having the same problem, and none of the solutions suggested have worked. 
    I've had no problems with Mount and Blade: Warband's audio for years (since 2013), and as of two days ago, it just started acting up with this crackling noise. 
  11. Geoseogan

Bellum Imperii: Previews & Dev Blogs

Are there any changes to the world map?
  12. Geoseogan

Is it possible to start a faction on this mod?

It appears I can't besiege factions, that I have a low relation with, on my own, and rather, I need to be in an existing faction to start sieges.  I also noticed that when I lost my marshalship, I had no option to rebel and was forced to take the option to accept 200 gold coins. Is it, at all...
  13. Geoseogan

Bellum Imperii: Bug + Glitch Reports

Ship battles are totally broken, it just sends soldiers flying everywhere and many of which end up stuck in the sky.
  14. Geoseogan

Enlisted in a Lord's army but yet I am a lord myself

gsanders said:
    When you are your own person and then become sworn to a legitimate king, you get to choose your banner (coat of arms).
    You need renown of 160+ to get offers as a male, as a female they never give offers but from around 350 they accept you if you ask them first - but without a fief (land).  They let you keep what you take in either case -- MOST of the time that is. 

When you become your own king, which shouldn't happen too soon, you generally were already with a banner and have been ion some kings service for some time.

As for .71, I expect a new version to be up tomorrow.  Small chance, today but work looks to be busy, as a co-worker wants to make trouble for me today.
    But that's mostly jealousy.  So I will have to babysit for a while for office politics.  Makes the infighting in Perisno seem tame  :smile:

Thanks!

And oh boy, work drama!  I always avoid those by most means necessary.  Best of luck!

Edit:
    Also, would you happen to know what banners aren't being used by the AI?  Or is there a way I can add an additional banner to the game for my own use?
  15. Geoseogan

Enlisted in a Lord's army but yet I am a lord myself

gsanders said:
    which version of the game are you running?    .70, .71, .611?
      You're in the "freelancer" dialog state, so the freelancer dialogs are the issue.  I haven't used freelancer but its been active for
    several months.  I'm not sure if its timer based like hiring as a mercenary (which is every 30 days it asks if you want to be free of your
    contract).  If you're running the .71 preview its possible I broke a dialog, in which case I'll try to look for it today or tomorrow.

If you're running .70 or earlier "official" release, then really I have to defer to someone who has playtested freelancer section.

---
      thinking about it on the way to my day job I'd say the scariest part of your question was that now you're a lord and no longer get freelancer dialogs.  Maybe freelancer (which was merged INTO Perisno last summer) skips offering/checking menus related to freelancer IF you are a lord bound to a king by oath.  If so, I'd urge you to copy your save game (in Documents look for folder
    Mount&Blade Warband Savegames  then find folder Perisno then look at the dates of the files  sg0.sav to sg9.sav  (only files in that range will display in game as choices to load a savegame.  Say the one you've been playing the most recently is  sg4.sav
    and sg5.sav through sg09.sav aren't made yet.  You'd right-click copy  sg4.sav, paste in that folder so you get a "copy of sg4.sav"
    entry, right-click rename the file "copy of sg4.sav" to for example  sg5.sav  or sg9.sav (they don't have to be consecutive).

Now start your game, load the one you just made (it places them left to right starting from 0 so if you picked the highest number as your copied savegame its the last one displayed), and go find your king and ask to withdraw from his kingdom (which will hurt your relation with him AND his subordinates, which may also block you from talking to the lord that freelancer thinks you "belong" to.  That's why we try it from a COPY of your savegame, that you could throw away with few tears shed if unsuccessful.  If successful, you can attempt to meet the lord that freelancer has you serving under his banner and try to untangle yourself from his army, which you managed to be seperated from some time ago.  Then as a free man you could try to belly crawl your way up to the king you left, if he isnt at war with you yet, and ask to (re-)join his faction as a sworn man.  If your relation to his kingdom faction is too low
    you should follow his caravans around and jump in to rescue them every time some bandit jumps them to grind up faction with his kingdom, then try again.

Short of re-writing the freelancer tests (which won't/can't happen this week, and likely not next week), those are the simplest way out of your predicament, if a little more work than requested.

All right, it did not work.  I renounced my oath and it didn't work.

So apparently it's in my notes under quests, and what I have to do is enlsit in his army and then retire and lose my best soldiers (138 men, I tried this twice: I was left with 108 troops first time and 95 second).  Also, will I be able to get my own banner if I am a lord ?  And why doesn't the king of Talrania have a coat of arms in battles?

and when I start a faction, is it automatically called Perisno and I get a perisno coat of arms?  How does getting a banner/coat of arms work?  I didn't have one when I was a lord (that was still showing up as enlisted in Count Kantar's army), though Count Kantar's banner showed up on my shield.  Anyways, can players get a banner when they become a lord to a king?  I did pick impoverished noble but didn't get one, so I've been guessing that you get the Perisnoan banner when you start a faction that is called Perisno.
Back
Top Bottom