Recent content by General Darius

1. General Darius

Martial Arts

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
    General Darius said:
    Kendo (way of the samurai)
    people forget that martial arts doesnt need to be bare handed. Weapons are still of martial arts people
    Bull**** on two accounts. Kendo has always been mild in its approach to sword fighting because it assumes the blow to land on armor, not cut into torsos and wounding limbs, and thus the defense stance they conjure up is unusable in a proper sword fight. What you are looking for is either traditional kenjutusu or pre kendo swords schools. Kenjutsu is common today, but pre kendo sword schools I have no idea.

Also, there is saying that the weapon is the extension of the fist (or palm, depending on who you ask). Sword fighters are expected to know how to defend themselves without a sword. Or as the old Chinese saying goes, A true swordsman's sword is his arms (or legs as well, depending on who you ask).

theelder said:
    Jhessail said:
    I can't take anything you say seriously when you advertise anime in your signature.
    LOL,sorry,that's my friends signature,he runs a website and asked me to help promote it  :lol:
    just look at my avatar then
    Your grumpy avatar gives me the sads. :sad:

in manly tights? tight tights?!
  2. General Darius

Martial Arts

i vote the nuclear bomb martial art wins.

its unstoppable =P
  3. General Darius

Martial Arts

Mage246 said:
    I would like to see an MMA fight where the other guy brings a sword.

how about be more realistic and have a guy who studies kendo bring irn his training sword.

it wont kill itll just break bones is all =P
  4. General Darius

Martial Arts

im not sure if this has been discussed but so many forms of martial arts have been ignored its upsetting

Kendo (way of the samurai)

Fencing

Medieval Sword plays such as Zweihander

people forget that martial arts doesnt need to be bare handed. Weapons are still of martial arts people
  5. General Darius

SP Antiquity Dawn of Man - The Neolithic Mod, party like its 9999 BC!

Metalfist said:
    General Darius said:
    how about we stick to realistic stuff and maybe you can work with the mod to make a bar that lets you tone down the realism and allow you those things
    I honestly wanna play a more realistic game
    I can see a single sabertooth if you have the highest tame skill and persuasion skill and maybe another skill that would let you have such
    but an entire army of animals? i cannot see that
    Twas a joke sah.

yes but we dont wanna scare away zarthas XD we love him and want his mod <3
  6. General Darius

how about we stick to realistic stuff and maybe you can work with the mod to make a bar that lets you tone down the realism and allow you those things

I honestly wanna play a more realistic game

I can see a single sabertooth if you have the highest tame skill and persuasion skill and maybe another skill that would let you have such

but an entire army of animals? i cannot see that
  7. General Darius

i feel mammoths should be on the most extreme end of tameing
  8. General Darius

Zarthas said:
    Originally I had wanted to play with that concept.  I realize that's probably beyond the scope of what I'll be able to do at this point, but it does exist to a degree.  Bows for example, are rare, and difficult to acquire.  You start out with really no skill in archery, since you've never used one, and almost all bows require a level or two of power draw, meaning once you find one, you'll have to invest some time learning to use it.

I am playing with some ideas related to taming animals.  The Riding skill is now replaced with Taming, and ideally in the future would be used to capture wild animals and get them to obey you! Difficulty would depend on the beast of course.  I think using this method, you might be able to eventually tame a wild horse... and be the only Man in Calradia with a steed :grin:

i think i just mentally came XD

seriously this mod just keeps sounding better and better
  9. General Darius

now im curious.

will you make this also a game about technological advance (not going caveman to ancient) where horse riding was a new concept and you need to research it in a sense. I just think it would be kinda cool that we are on the dawn of man where man is dawning on the possibility of new stuff. like maybe make it so all civs only wield clubs and sticks. But as the culture advances they learn to put pointy stones on sticks to make this new thing called a spear =O
  10. General Darius

Is floris a overwrite of native?

Arikel said:
    Glad I could help. I prefer www.gog.com for my old school stuff, which are drm free, but if you want something new or AAA as they call it, you need steam generally.

OH MY GOD! THEY HAVE INTERPLAY INCLUDING CASTLES 1 and 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Arikel.... i love you man seriously
  11. General Darius

been hoping and waiting for this to reach warband....is my hope to be dashed?

So warband port? please with cheezburger on top D=
  12. General Darius

Is floris a overwrite of native?

steam has never dmged any mods ive dealt with and i have 12 or so mods (not all up to date unfortunately) on M&B

first time a mod was harmed by steam IF that was the case but steam was not updating the mod during installation
  13. General Darius

[S] Warring States II - Released 15 Oct 2010

Crossbow Joe said:
    skam said:
    is this mod dead?
    I'd say so, the creator of the mod hasn't logged in for about 20 months

originally i would agree however it seems the mod creator of dawn of men just returned!!! its an epic come back!
  14. General Darius

WitchyWoman said:
    I know Zarthas IRL. He'd be very angry if someone stole it. He is still alive and will be working on it this weekend. Stay tuned for further news..

you are an angel bringing us this news of this godly mod being resurrected from the dead like zombie jesus

edit: zarthas i do apologize about suggesting the theft of your intellectual property. its just that the way you have this mod described the the fact i couldnt get much done in game make me sad because it sounds like such an epic idea

and ive been watching this mod since 2 weeks prior to my first post on this thread

so please keep up the awesome work and please forgive me if you can
Back
Top Bottom