Recent content by GeminiTiger

1. GeminiTiger

SP Early Game - How to get started?

There is no need for extreme tactics, recruiting some villagers and taking out small neutral groups is perfectly fine early game.
    (Just make sure to avoid the bigger uglier groups that want to kill you) Also pay attention that each area has some nasty stacks that will want to kill you even starting out and learn to avoid them.

Once you get around 50 units you should consider taking caravan jobs from the tavern keeper but only those under 10k to start so you are not so weighted down, even with a low trade skill if you cross the map (and speak to the tavern keeper to sell) you will make insane dosh.

Start getting reknown, gear, companions. Enterprises still provide 1-2k per week in basically every city, but land investment via the city menu also works to get a weekly income going.

If you marry either the Reich or Elven princess you will get access to her city and garrison troops and it's basically easy mode. I've used this crutch so many times and just recently forced myself not to. Make sure you keep the garrison as strong as possible for [redacted reasons]. After the [redacted] you should be able to get your own city using the extra buff garrison you built up. Rinse and repeat.
  2. GeminiTiger

Zann Lore is a Farce!

The only thing that I just have to add to all this is that I do think it would be better if the Zann landed at least one force on the far side of Drahara (iiirc there is water over in that area) and attempted to take out at least one or two of it's cities. Basically only for the sake of making post invasion more random each playthough. It's annoying to see Drahara be such a big untouched faction in the back of the map. Otherwise I would personally shrink the size of Drahara a bit -- maybe making the Hakkon/Drahara area 3 factions in total.

The Zann invasion and lore is generally though brilliant.
  3. GeminiTiger

How do I manage my soldiers?

I can manage the commands that come out when I press the F1, F2 and F3 keys, but I can't make a distinction between my soldiers. Can't I divide my soldiers into several groups and give special orders to these groups? For example, can't I say attack to the soldiers I put in the 1st group and give orders to the 2nd group to follow me and to the 3rd group to stay where you are?
    I'm not sure what you are asking but You can put soldiers (by type) into custom groups via the party screen. In combat by default you only have the groups infantry (1), archers (2), cavalry (3) and horse archers (4) to command as groups, but as stated you could divide them assume you have more than one type of mentioned arch-types.

ie, for example veteran infantry could be set to group 5 while the rest could remain in group 1.
  4. GeminiTiger

Best vanilla plus mod for warband 2023?

What is the best vanilla plus mod for warband? I've tried several promising mods packed full of features but they had problems later in the game especially in recruiting lords or waiting for lords to defect or defect from an extinguished faction. Besides this I encountered a plethora of less...
  5. GeminiTiger

SP Native Diplomacy 4.litdum (v1.7 has been released - 28.02.2023)

Assumed bugs at start--
    During the merchant quest attacking the hideout I was at one point unable to move at all, I could turn but not move, only sending my companions to charge into to finish it allowed me to finish the encounter.
    I gathered my companions before finishing the merchant quest, it placed them all in the room and blocked the way to get to the merchant himself, since I couldn't leave until I talked to him I seemed to be stuck, eventually somehow I was able target him by jumping and pushing into my companions. But yeah, zzzzz

Reading a post or two previous to mine I see some really annoying diplomacy problems, recently I had been playing Bannerpage and also ran into some really awful problems with lords never leaving extinguished factions. So that's why I wanted to try this. Meh.
  6. GeminiTiger

New TweakMB tweak: Choose quest from menu

Since you necro-ed a thread from when the world was still somewhat sane, I'll just add I always wished that this tool had been updated to the modern version 🤷‍♂️ Although IIRC I only used this tool for two things and that is to change faction colors and to silence companions and it's possible that both of those things can be done in warbender. The whole, I like 1 person and hate 2 people companion circle was, AFAIAC pointless.
  7. GeminiTiger

Top 10 Mount and Blade Warband Mods

In no particular order, some really good mods are:

A+ mods: Perisno, Prophecy of Pendor, Gekokujo --- these mods are all as flawless anyone can hope for.

B level mods: 108 heroes, Anno Domini 1257, Fantasy Calradia, Floris, SPARTA, Bannerpage, AWOFI/ACOK
    (all of these B level mods have some issues unfortunately)
    :grin:
  8. GeminiTiger

Allocating all attribute points at the start of the game

I think originally the family members were set up like NPC lords with skills all over the place, then they changed them to also have spendable attributes and FP, so it's like they're double dipping and have a NPC lord's skills but all the free points to use too. That's how the brother is anyways, the other siblings should get the education choices (also wasteful like PC creation) and then free points to spend at 18. I don't how kids are doing lately (always finish map and they only 6 or 7) but they can be bugged in past versions and could sometimes start at a high level or with basically nothing.
    Yes, not even the brothers and sister follow one set of rules and kids arrive somewhat randomly in levels and gear.

Generally though, the average attributes are 3 for the player at start, 2 for companions and 4 for kids, (I mean if they were level 1 and you just give them 1 more attribute per 4 levels it would look like that) kids level so fast it's crazy (much like the younger brother and sister)
  9. GeminiTiger

Allocating all attribute points at the start of the game

What I want to know is why do family members get more attributes than the main character and why does everyone else get even less?
    3 tiers of characters is just weird
  10. GeminiTiger

Devs please let us now fully customise our Clan members ie Companions, Spouse, children .....

3 generations of cornrows because of my older brother. ----ffffffff
  11. GeminiTiger

Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Warband was a sandbox not particular steep in RPG elements but it had enough so that you could enjoy it.

1. a nobody becomes a minor vassal becomes a marshal becomes a powerful lord becomes a rebel king becomes an emperor.
    2. marriage -- recently cut scenes got added to BL, that's actually what drew me back into trying to play it.
    3. I'll drink from your skull!
    4. A kingdom at peace, with feasts and butter. (this made a nice game play loop betweeen being at war and having a moment of peace and building up forces)
    5. Kings and lords who seemed somehow to have a personality. (I always felt nervous waiting for that new lord to arrive to my feast that was like a 1400 reknown that I needed to rep up before I could progress safely further, the balance of keeping everyone happy was up to the player and it was glorious)

I'm not sure anyone was claiming Warband was a perfect rpg above or not, for a sandbox it was very roleplayable, but that's not really the issue of this thread.

The issue of this thread is:
    At the real half way point when you own half the map, the balance is so ****ed by b******t that you can't hope to finish. 🤷‍♂️
    That's not a problem in Warband. :smile: You just have to commit the time and manage it. It's also one of the most important and missing aspects of BL that WB does great and that's #4 and #5 from above, I honestly can't believe they don't have this in BL.

What I wanted out of BL was
    1. improved graphics
    2. improved UIs (QoL)
    3. improved combat
    That's basically it, and while we got to some degree, they killed everything else.
  12. GeminiTiger

Rebel Clans

The problem with rebel clans is that if your game goes on long enough every faction will adopt several of them and they will add something like an extra (7 factions * 5 clans * 5-10+ members) so 200+ regular faction lords to the game. At the same time most original clans have also successfully increased in size adding another 200 lords into the game. (There will still be another 15 or more rebel clans roaming about waiting for NPC faction adoption, whom will often declare war just to harass the player even if you are not involved with their original city spawn)

All 400+ of these new lords respawn with 50 free troops apparently and hence the game goes to **** because after you own half the map they will almost always be at war with you. Meanwhile if it's likely only 20 starting lords have died.
  13. GeminiTiger

Midgame kinda stopped being fun.

And lords want upwards of 1M Denars to join your kingdom when they are dirt poor, fief-less, and not even high level clans.
    I wouldn't know clans just out right refused to join me after I recruited 15-ish.

I list my own "mid-game" trials in this thread if anyone wants to be further depressed.
  14. GeminiTiger

Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

I found this post on Reddit and it dicusses a lot of problems with the later game.
  15. GeminiTiger

Midgame kinda stopped being fun.

If you don't like "midgame" just wait until you own over half the map and realize that no matter how much money you have you still can't win.
    AI can and will double it's number of lords and all of them can print money for troops.
Back
Top Bottom