Recent content by geala

1. 1.2.7 Siege battle enemy archer not defending wall,

The auto-resolve is at a good spot, it should be very difficult to conquer a fortification. Stupid AI attack behavior in actual siege battles I accept to a certain degree, it compensates for the fact that it is much too easy and fast to get towers and rams towards the walls.

As for archer behavior on the walls, they should shoot and then move behind cover. In reality the space between crenelations was most often covered by wooden defenses, so it is far too easy to hit defenders anyway. Of course the combat is very arcade, so there is not much to expect.
  2. Facehugging Looter Myrmidons

What do you mean with "facehugging"? Constantly pressing and trying go get as near as possible? How is this different to earlier versions?

What is new is the ingenious parry skill. I especially like it if they block 10/10 spear thrusts from the back of a fast horse with their knives or short wooden hammers. With a sword from horseback it's better, but who would use a onehanded on a horse? Sadly the vanilla game lacks a crush-through mechanic or a posture system (like in RBM).
  3. About a Future TW game.

Ok. What does that have to do with people who wont buy another taleworlds game?
    Of course anybody can like or dislike games independently from the view of others. I dislike Red Dead Redemption 2, all the Souls games and several other people's darlings, for example. But the criticism should then be on a personal level. The statistics show that a lot of people may judge BL differently than the poster and at least the pseudo-objective statement/accusation in the cited post that Taleworlds tricked and deceived the players is not self-explanatory.
  4. SP - General You should not be able to block a lance charge with a weapon

It's really quite annoying as it is now. Spears are almost useless, except against unaware people. I'm used to well blocking NPCs from RBM, but RBM has a crush through mechanic and a posture system which vanilla lacks. It would be terribly hard to block or deflect a spear thrust from a rider of a fast moving horse in reality, that should be reflected in the game.
  5. SP - General Character creation, add darker hair.

Most of the the dark hair is fairly bright, and it's a huge step then towards the last black option. But that's ok.

What I would really appreciate much more would be an option to define what hair and beards are used. I don't want to see some of the very ugly hair options used by certain NPCs, the only way now to do it is to overwrite them with others in skins.xml, a tedious procedure. If you could make the game read the hair and beards notified (now just in green) in the xml, that would be fine.
  6. Examining the new Bow Riding Penalty

I have a different experience. Currently leveling a crossbow user. With lvl 50 in Riding it was still very annoying, constant misses from close distances on a horse while not moving. In the end I typed "100" into Riding in the Character Manager, to avoid this tedious stuff. It's enough to have a tedious + boring grind in later game.
  7. Question about HA changes - NPCs as well?

Downscaling for the player too, or just for NPCs? The current situation is annoying, to say the least, like reliably missing from 5 meters with a crossbow on a horse standing still with lvl 30 in crossbow and 50 in riding. I don't know why such a strange change was introduced, except that there should be a tedious and annoying phase of gameplay not only in late but also in early game. Then, mission accomplished.
  8. My rantings about where the updates are going

A lot depends on the ingame skill level, I think. I don't have problems with spears on horseback, but duels in early game with onehanded and shield in 1.2 are a nightmare for me. Shield bashing and kicking are totally useless, you have to more or less load your hits by holding the attack and then interfere into hits of the adversary. Which is very difficult with low weapon skills because the NPC hits faster.

Maybe it has to be this way, reminds me to Warband early combat (which I hated). At least it does make some sense that a newbie player cannot cope with T4/5 or T6 or well trained lords. BTW it is interesting that the new 1.2 vanilla combat is much more difficult than melee combat with the Realistic Battle Mod. They block better in the mod but you have some methods to overcome the godlike NPC blocking. In vanilla you don't.
  9. Can you please enable removal of Order of Battle and set teams with numbers like it was before?

Are you saying that your Order of Battle selection isn`t saved properly from one battle to the next?
    Some weeks ago I tried to get soldiers with glaives without shields into one formation and soldiers with spears and shields into another. With a lot of back and forth sliding (because of constant wrong attachments) it worked in the end. For one battle. Then the groups were mixed again. I stopped to deal with the slider system at all, it's too annoying.

Melee and ranged and mounted melee and horse archers can be separated however, it's ... fantastic.
  10. Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Broken? Please, come on. The kingdom I'm serving is at war with three factions, and the king and lords are so brave that there is no willingness to make peace with at least one faction (zero support). Instead they send all of our (two undermanned) armies again and again to one unimportant castle to conquer, till they get captured. I think they wait till the other factions are bored by conquering other fiefs, maybe.

How can anyone dare to name such a masterpiece of cunning broken?
  11. Hideouts are annoying at night

Annoying indeed, not only for hideouts but in general. I used this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2909?tab=posts for it's option to define the time of battles, so i always fight at daytime. Sadly it does not seem to be updated to the latest version of BL, I'm still on 1.0.3 or so.
  12. A suggestion for additions to fief management

I'd really like it. Another bonus could be the ability to decrease range and increase pivoting angles of artillery, to make the defenses a bit less stupidly designed. Or add kind of barriers/traps in front of the walls (just slowing down siege towers and rams, currently I use a mod for that).

I bought Starsector some time ago, sounds promising, but I did not play yet (the combat seems to be a bit tedious?). Maybe I should, after I ended my endless trials to decide what class I'll play in Baldurs Gate 3 release version.
  13. What kind of new faction(s) would you like to see added to the game in the future?

There should be either a black African or a kind of South East Asian style kingdom in the south east of the map. With a lot different clothing and armor style compared to what we have now.

All Aserai in the south is as boring as would be more clone factions similar to existing faction as are sadly proposed in several posts.
  14. Any chance we will see assassins hunting the player?

Does not make sense for me as random event. Who pays the big amount of money to hire them, for what? If it had political reasons, then it should be late in the campaign and the player had a certain high position, otherwise, why? Such a high ranked person should have bodyguards and wear some form of armor perhaps when going through some shabby streets.

If it were a certain event/quest with a story and an assasination could be expected, the player should be able to prepare for a situation, like wearing some armor in towns.

On the other hand, there could be kind of robbery attempts in towns in certain areas. But not that often, please.
  15. Why doesn't blocking reward XP?

Blocking without a shield for me is the most difficult and annoying task in M+B/BL. I can defeat a top tier soldier in the best armor (with RBM mod without tournament module) in the arena unarmored relatively soon if I have a shield, but without it I'm in dire straits. So blocking with weapons surely should generate lots of xp. If one wouldn't want to benefit automatic blocking, it could be exempted from the xp. Blocking with a shield should only give xp if it was a perfect directional block.
Back
Top Bottom