Recent content by gdwitt

1. gdwitt

2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Hello fellow Brytenwalders. Is anyone still on this mod? I am working on the Bretwalda mod for Bannerlord with the large team there. https://www.moddb.com/mods/mount-blade-bretwalda. There is an associated discord. I hope we can have something out in a 3months. If could still find and post the last patch to this mod at some point this month.
  2. gdwitt

I want to have a proper Viking conquest game BUT

I would just enable cheats temporarily upgrade then disable cheats. Use Ctrl-X.
  3. gdwitt

@JohnnyB: What did you fix? I do use the new exe included in the download when I play, but I don't think it is necessary any more.
    @4imbot: Skills go up higher in this mod. I don't have the number, but if you exceed it they don't reset. The actual buff equals what the highest level skill is.

I didn't work with the autoloot feature. It may have been broken. I find it annoying and let the wagon autoloot. Before you get a wagon, just the top 4 items will be equal to the value of all the other loot items.
  4. gdwitt

Stable party but companions are "downright appalled at choice of companions"

What mod are you using?
    What is your source for the stable party?
    Reworked added in a bribe system that can override some instability.
    For a party to be stable, each member has to like at least one other member.
    Off the top of my head, Orosio and Bodero are usually associated with rogue parties.
  5. gdwitt

Brytenwalda for Bannerlord

The rumor is the VC team is planning on it, though they obviously have no code base to work with.
    1 year after release would be the earliest I would surmise.

The company is "Brytenwalda Studios".
    I am sure they are only beginning to plan exactly what time period to cover.
    I would guess they would move the time period slightly but have a similar map in the first release.
    Place your votes.
    I vote for the Saxon Invasion but that's just me.
  6. gdwitt

Mysterious event ;)

Sounds like a Scene issue. Adorno and team spent an enormous amount of time fixing the scenes for VC as they were very buggy.
    I can't port those scenes into an unpaid version of BW.
    Just be patient with the game and know the magic is in the air.
  7. gdwitt

Must have been a mix up. I'll add it to my first list of changes.
    That would be a quick fix.
  8. gdwitt

It is a higher strength Cantabrian shield as he made those for the Neko crew.
    I can upgrade its stats even more if you wish.
    I don't recall adding better shields to the game but that is a good job for a beginning modder to change.
    Would you like to join in and mod all the quest rewards?
    The game is supposedly to be realistic and immerse you in a real historical environment.
    You won't find Skyrim-like rewards in BW.
    Only incremental boosts.
  9. gdwitt

How many Brytenwalda players? Informal Poll!

I'm having trouble finding enough time a new BW version.
    I enjoy coding, but this game does not have decent modding tools.
    It basically takes 10's of hours to find and repeat bugs that I don't have right now.
    I essentially need dedicated players who are willing to find and detail bugs.
    I will be releasing a beta version with debug statements.
    You will need to know how to access and save your log files and save and exit whenever your hit a bug.
    I can then look at the bottom of your log and see what was being called just before that occurred.

Alternately, I'm considering making a pay-only version of VC.
    I will need at least 2 helpers for either approach to make something useful.
  10. gdwitt

If you have Performance Issues, Crash and RUNTIME ERRORs Look here

That is an issue that I have on the top of my list. Did you get all the patches installed.
    It doesn't seem to happen regularly as I have trouble reproducing it.
  11. gdwitt

I do not recall. I wouldn't play it without the b patch.

@macbookTord. I cannot help you with this.
    I do know that music files from one mod can be used in another mod.
    So use what works on your pc.
  12. gdwitt

Problem with texture of shields, armor and layers.

I've been away too long to recall how to fix this right now?
    But what mod version are you playing?
  13. gdwitt

I think most new players rely on the cheat mods either for economy or battle.
    The base mod was designed to be just as you described.
    You lose about half your battles, which means you end up a for much of the first 2-3 years.
    Read the forums.

Reworked makes the economic rewards easier, but not the battles.
    This allows you to field a decent mini warband within a  month of play.

What mod version are you playing?
  14. gdwitt

It depends on how much interest there is out there.
    It would be easiest to just fix a couple of Brytenwalda bugs and leave the rest as a quaint feature.
    My time is limited.
    From what I'm told, if I use VC code, it will have to be restricted to those with a VC purchase.
    Any other mods you prefer?

Does anyone have free time to contribute to the project?
  15. gdwitt

Any more votes?
    I am considering aligning the code base with VC.
    This will add 2-3 more weeks, but will make it easier to see what may be causing the biggest recurring BW bugs.
    Anyone need certain features fixed asap?
    I would rather take it the slow approach.
    In the meantime, I would be happy to get some help.
    I can pay your patreon account.
Back
Top Bottom