Recent content by gasznak

1. SP Top Suggestions

We mostly look at activity levels (replies & views), as stated before.

Isn't activity level (replies & views) higher if the proposed changes are controversial?
    Let's assume that a change is supported by 50% of community and opposed by the rest.
    People will be arguing about a change, constantly bumping the thread up (threads are sorted by latest reply by default).
    The activity level for that suggestion will be much higher than for a well written thread where everyone agrees with the proposed suggestion.

I'd say that a system similar to reddit upvotes and downvotes would be much better for measuring if any suggestion is supported by community than checking replies & views.

If you want an example I can create some silly, controversial proposal thread today and a well thought, more logical suggestion thread in a few days. I can guarantee that the first one will have much higher number of replies and views.
  2. This game is literally unplayable!!!

Iv had the game a week now and been trying to play but game is just so laggy and slow its awful. Lots of people have this issue so it must be something with their optimisation?

I have a decent gaming laptop and can play most new games with no issues, iv updated nvidia geforce driver and am playing the game on low settings... nothing i do seems to improve the game at all!

If anyone is able to get the game to run smoothly (or at least playable) please let me know! ???????????

I'm running a gtx 970, i5-2500k and ssd and the game feels silky smooth. Max settings with motion blur disabled. On the map screen it's constant 55-60 fps. Would probably get more but vsync limits it at 60. In campaign battles (small scale) I usually get 45-60. Even a huge battle 250 vs 250 is easily playable with 35+ fps.
  3. SP - Battles & Sieges Tournament balance

Pretend? No. I started reading, got to the end of your first paragraph and started my reply. Finished the first part of my reply and moved on to your next paragraph. Added to my own reply. I'll admit it's maybe a weird way to respond to full messages but I don't really care. My point was clear enough.

I mean, you could wait until they stop you from cheating. Or you could just have some self control and not ruin the game for yourself by using a well known exploit.

So moving left or right around your opponent is cheating? ?

Anyways, whatever you call it, after it's fixed and AI fights smarter we can think about upgrading tournament rewards. Right now they are just a free bonus whenever you visit a town so increasing them would be detrimental to the game.
  4. SP - Battles & Sieges Tournament balance

Do you fight on very easy mode? It's super easy to lose a tournament.
    Maybe you have top tier armour? Even then, a couple of headshots will get you on realistic.
    Oh, maybe you're one of those people using the exploit where you run around them and they can't do anything? In which case, you're not playing the game as intended and are basically cheating.

Hah, read a bit more of your reply and yeah, you're using the exploit. Well there's your problem buddy. You're not finding them difficult because you're exploiting the enemy AI to make them stand still and let you beat them down. Try not cheating and you might find them a bit harder.

Unlike you, I'd rather not ruin the challenge of the game, and therefore the gameplay, by cheating.

Dude did you just pretend that you didn't read my 6 line post so you could act surprised as some weird way of proving your point? ?

I agree that it's too easy to win tournaments right now and hence any rewards from them are basically free. When the AI gets fixed and becomes at least a bit challenging then we can think about increasing the rewards. Right now it would just make the game even easier. Since we cannot increase the difficulty above regular atm we should avoid such changes.
  5. SP - Battles & Sieges Tournament balance

Free?
    You only get money if you bet. You stand to lose way more money than you'll win in these tournaments and it's awful. You could do 5 tournaments and maybe just barely manage to collect the standard 600 needed to bet on one tournament. That means if you lose 1/5 tournaments then it's going to make you a loss.

You cannot lose a tournament even if you try.

1. In group fights let the npcs fight each other.
    2. Attack biggest groups, don't let them fight you 2v1.
    3. In 1v1 just keep going forward and left/right around your enemy (circle your enemy very close) and keep swinging. They cannot hit you, even if you hit them for 1 damage, they will die eventually.
    4. Gratz, you win any tournament.

Bet every round and a tournament is a free 1000+ ducats and an epic item.
  6. SP - Battles & Sieges Tournament balance

Well I guess if you make them much harder then the rewards could be better as well.

Just please teach the npcs to counter the circling and swinging maneuver. ?
  7. SP - Battles & Sieges Tournament balance

They're not free, they require more time and effort that most things in the game, and the reward is so crap it really is a waste of time.

I disagree. The named items are already a good enough reward. They are usually better than whatever else you can find. Money is just a nice bonus. And you get it in safety of city walls. It's comparable to the tavern board game money making.
  8. SP - Battles & Sieges Tournament balance

I mean tournaments are free money and free items.

First you let npcs kill each other till you have a 1v1 and then you keep walking around the opponent while swinging at his back. Even if you deal 1 damage he will die eventually and he cant hit you.
  9. SP - General No Progression & No Challenge - More balance and Better AI

Remember what RPG stands for.

Role-Playing Game.

You make your own challenge.
  10. SP - General [Suggestion] Add "Fast Dialogue" option.

Suggestion: Add an option, that would allow us to have a conversation with npcs directly from the main map screen, without loading the 3d maps. It could include meeting any npcs on map, talking with npcs in towns, accepting and delivering quests etc. Some important conversations like main plot...
  11. [Exploit] Reseting any cooldown.

Not really a bug but an exploit for sure. Not really a high prio, as players can just abstain from abusing it, but I'm reporting it anyways. Summary: You can reset any ingame cooldowns by saving the game and loading back in. So for example you can play one of the tavern games and easily win...
  12. In Progress Game won't start. Let me see main menu please! [VIDEO]

Pfff, what? Such a stupid fix for such a hard problem, haha! That's great to hear. I hope that'll solve it for most of the guys here.
    Have fun! Time to dedicate yourself on fixing ingame problems instead :wink:

Also, it looks like I was right about it being a regional problem after all ?

Haha, cheers! Yeah you were right after all, tho I'm still confused why something so tiny made the entire game not work. All new profiles, even brand new Window installations were defaulting to "," for me. I swear I would never find that solution myself.

I'm also surprised it's not an issue for more people as there are so many countries using "," as decimal separator:
    DecimalSeparator.png

I'm guessing it only crashed for people with "," and some other "condition". Otherwise I'm sure we would be seeing many more crash reports.

As for fighting ingame bugs, I'm just starting the campaign (found only 2 lords so far) but as I said before, you can count on it. The only issue right now is that I'm having troubles with navigating outside of crash report forum section. I've spent way too much time here. ?
  13. In Progress Game won't start. Let me see main menu please! [VIDEO]

which control pannel

Windows control panel.
    Just open Start menu and type control panel.

RmAHaI8.png
  14. Detailed towns etc. "Useless"?

I would like to have an option to talk with bandits and npcs from map level.

Right now it works like this.
    1) you are on map screen and chase bandits
    2) you catch up and game loads the 3d environment for you to have a conversation
    3) you say surrender or die, they wanna die, back to the map screen
    4) you choose to start battle, back to the 3d environment

Every switch takes like 5 seconds even with ssd.

Would be nice if anything up to battle could be done from map screen.
  15. Loot

You can imagine that the battlefield is looted by your troops so then when you upgrade them you don't need to pay 5000 ducats each for their new equipment. :xf-wink:
Back
Top Bottom