Recent content by Gankenstein

1. [Scene Editor] [Solved] Edit Window Partway Off-screen

I recently encountered an annoying problem when mapmaking, but I found a solution for it that works very well. The problem was my edit window was partially off-screen, and there was no way to move it high enough to change the ground paint color. Right clicking the edit window pane and clicking...
  2. Feudal World

Realm and I have moved onto Persistent Age, got he scripts and everything. Seems to be more what were looking for in our server anyways.
    The Bowman said:
    Listening and taking in serious the crying babies is the worst thing to do when you have to evaluate a mod or a map. I know how much work has to be invested in order to create such things (for free), and reading how someone is "pissed off" or considers that "map is ****" because his favourite armor wasn't added ceartainly doesn't help your efforts. Of course, there are always administrators who actually care to listen to them and take decisions based on their rage. Once the players notice these methods actually work, you'll end up with a community composed almost entirely of crying babies.

That's the story of PW.
    Yeah that's something I noticed, after working hard on a map myself. It takes serious amounts of time and effort, even if the map ends up being bad in the end. No one seems to understand how I spent my entire summer working on Taciturn so far. I like criticism, but I don't like people saying its ****ty and rude stuff like that. Kinda mean.  :cry:

Not that my map is bad. Haters gonna hate.  :cool:
  3. NA_Sense_HCRP_PA Coming Soon!

Wait a second, if a square is rectangle does that mean a rectangle is a circle?

See, its PW.
  4. NA_Sense_HCRP_PA Coming Soon!

Because its PW. PA doesn't have its own subforum.
  5. NA_Sense_HCRP_PA Coming Soon!

Coming soon to servers near you! Introducing NA_Sense_HCRP_PA, a new hard core role play server for North America! The server will use Persistent Age, and improved version of PW mod created by Maestro. The mod is just like PW, but it includes a whole list of new models and over 100 new buyable...
  6. Feudal World

What happened to it? I see no servers up, and there is no forum section for it. I'm confuzled.  :?
  7. (MAP) Taciturn - The Land of the Once and Future King

Legends say that after the battle in the Valley of Camel, what remained of Arthur's circle knights hunted down the black knights to extinction. However, it is said that Ser Mordred attempted escape, and would have gotten away if it wasn't for the gods themselves frowning on him. Legends say his tomb contains great treasures...
  8. Hiring a Serverside Scripter

domipoppe said:
    They are not buggy, you didn't set them up correctly then :smile:

Lets take this to PM.
  9. Hiring a Serverside Scripter

Yeah but I helped a server in the past that tried using your scripts (PW_nova) and they were way to buggy. The banks ate your money, and character saving sometimes ate your items. You get what you pay for, and we are willing to pay to get good quality.

Also we don't want banks. Maybe I should have been specific for what scripts we wanted in the first post. We want only character saving, no banks, since we believe banks to be ruining PW. Instead we will implement a non-script-required system for players to run banks themselves, that allows the banks to be robable.
  10. Hiring a Serverside Scripter

I'm looking for someone willing to sell me custom serverside scripts for PW. Send me an application for this job via forum PM. Please include: How long you have scripted for PW mod, for all mount&blade mods, and for games in general. Any certifications or diplomas related to scripting that you...
  11. (MAP) Taciturn - The Land of the Once and Future King

Oh, and a bit about the map development. The town watch faction has been merged with the Kingdom of Camelot faction, their headquarters becoming a secondary capture point for that faction. Milturn village has been deleted, along with most of the food producing areas around the map. They are replaced with a single village, Old Port, which has a port designed to export resources to the other factions across the server (the farther a food stockpile is from the village, the more money it gives). All trees across the map have been deleted and replaced with tree_new or pw_tree_a1 to increase fps, with very good effects :grin:. All AI Limiters have been deleted, and I'm about to replace them with barriers (Thanks _666_!).

The factions in the map are (With the king Arthur places they are made after in parenthesis)
    The City of Camelot (Camelot), a powerful city with two castles, Camelot Castle and The Town Watch. This city and its surroundings contain all of the commoner spawns, and is home to the most major tavern on the server.
    The village of Old Port, just down the road from Camelot. This capable village is the most productive faction on the map, and has a port for shipping resources out throughout the server.
    Volcain Mine, a tiny fort hugging the side of a cliff that has a bridge that connects to the only iron mine in the map, causing it to be the envy of all factions that don't hold it. For those that are locked out of the mine, they have to scavenge for small iron ore, which is hidden in locations throughout the map.
    Avalon(The Isle of Avalon), an un-capable and isolated monastery of legend that is home to the only smiths skilled enough to produce great swords and other goodies. Monks, priests, and nuns of the monastery have the power to spawn in and use any of the churches located throughout the map.
    The Troll Cave (The Crystal Cave), a cave that contains a legendary troll beast from hell. Beware its twisted horns! The forest around the cave is home to a faction of druids, and can be very hard to get to if you don't know the way...
    Sessrumnir Hold (The Saxons), a Nordic hold-fast  in its own secluded beach, well defended and armed with a fleet of knarrs for sea-raiding.
    Oasis (The Fisher King), a Saranid outpost in a vile swampland centered around a mosque, in control of a major bridge which is the only way to get from one side of the map to the other by land.
    Osvirklif Castle (The Dark Tower), a massive tower once controlled by the dark wizard Morgan Fey and her Black Knights. Climbing to the top can be a challenge, but it can be even harder to get to the foot of the tower, which is on the other side of a massive volcano ravine.

Other locations in the map include:
    The Valley of the Fallen Kings - A forestland full of boars and the forest outlaw camp. In the center of the forest is a legendary stone where it is said Arthur pulled the sword Excalibur from many years ago.
    The Valley of Camel - A wide grassy field with an ominous stone circle. This was the place of the final battle of King Arthur, when he was slain by Ser Mordred of the Black Knights.
    River Camel - A deep river that splits the island in half, uncrossable by foot or horse.
    The Swamp of the Fisher King - A swampland that legend says was once fertile farmland, until a king ruined it with magic when he tried to become immortal.
    Mount Volcain - A permanent scar in the earth where it's hot blood oozes out. It is on this mountain that The Dark Tower is found.

There are plans for releasing an illustrated map of the island, and a custom strings file containing better names for places in the map.
  12. (MAP) Taciturn - The Land of the Once and Future King

PW Sense HCRP, a little advertising here for a server me and my buddy Realmhawk are working on.

We are trying to decide how best to do banks. We want them robable, so we most likely wont use scripts. This is an idea I came up with how to handle the banking issue:

"Banking Rules: Players have the option of storing money in Bluvard Bank. Unlike on scripted servers, Bluvard bank is run by admin monitored players. All of the combined money from all players is split up between 3 money chests in the bank, each protected by two lockpickable doors linked to the non-capable and non-warable church faction. The bank area itself is protected by one lockpickable teleport door. The church faction is run and maintained by admins, insuring that members of it are never hostile to other players, and only defend themselves when attacked, and is always called “The Makerist Church”, an official faction. Joining this faction requires an application on the forums, and being able to guard the bank requires approval from admins. Outlaws, and only outlaws, are allowed to attempt to rob the money chests in the bank. Non-outlaws assisting an outlaw that is robbing a bank can be temp banned, and the money is returned if it was robbed. The bank may contain up to 5 bank guards at a time, one of which is the bank manager. Bank guards are required to be a crossbowman in the church faction and to wear a uniform of a heraldic mail with tunic, a kettle hat, a crossbow (normal) or light crossbow, bolts (not steel), leather boots, mail mittens, a heater shield of the user’s choice, and the player’s choice of a sword or a short sword. If the bank guard prefers, he or she can leave a clothing spot empty. Guards are payed 1000 gold an hour to guard the bank, by the admins. The bank guard uniform is sold inside the bank, and may be refilled by admins if the stocks go empty. Bank guards abusing their powers by stealing money can be severely punished by the game admins, and will most likely lose their ability to guard in the future. If there are no bank guards online, the bank will be inactive, and the money will be taken from the chests by an admin. If all admins are going offline, the money should also be cleared from the chests. Note though that all admins have the ability to guard the bank, but when doing so they have to turn off godlike hero and become a crossbowman like other guards. There is a lower admin position called “Safe Manager” (SM), which only has the ability to manage the banks, and cannot hand out mutes or bans for other reasons."

Needs a lot of moderation, but with the right people in charge this could go nicely, aye? Tell me what you think.
  13. (MAP) Taciturn - The Land of the Once and Future King

Again, SCRIPTERS ARE NEEDED! Talk with RealmHawk...
  14. (MAP) Taciturn - The Land of the Once and Future King

_666_ said:
    Oh, and trees are usually quite a fps killer too, so careful when spamming those, or at least use the trees with a lower polycount, they range from ~150 to ~2000 polys.

Tree_1a has a fade effect the farther from it you get. The pw_tree_1a billboards, and the plant tree_new_1 disappears. I assume this improves fps a lot right? Cause I've been using that one. I noticed other trees don't lose quality the farther you get from them. I placed a lot of these and fps is still great.

Try the server and tell me what you get, I'm interested especially since you said you don't have the best computer. It's na_sense_test.
Back
Top Bottom