Recent content by Gams

1. Gams

Potential multiplayer skins leak

No real surprise here but I think this is a mistake. I'm not trying to blame them for trying to squeeze money out of their product but I just don't think that this is a good way to go about it. Taleworlds seem to think that they can be the next CS:GO or fortnite and the only thing seperating them from their financial success is the absence of virtual hats. What they fail to realize here is that there are only so many people willing to spend money on cosmetics in any game to begin with and those that are probably already spending their money on, well, fortnite and cs:go.
    What I'm trying to say here is that frankly the market seems saturated. Afromentioned games and others have created a gold rush mentality but developers fail to realize is that the gold rush is over. I've seen this with other games before where their creators thought themselves huge financial geniuses by trying to sell ultimately useless cosmetics to their established playerbase with underwhelming success and the much more tangible effect being the alienation of their players who felt just plain weirded out.
    I'm just having trouble picturing the average M&B player getting as overly excited over virtual hats as I know some TF2 players can.

If I was in any way responsible for this kind of decision it would not be a financial risk I'd be willing to take when I could just keep doing what's worked in the past ie. making a game that people mostly played because of how both accessible and available mods were and thus boosting sales in return by sheer populatiry because let's face it, no one bought bannerlord because he or she thought M&B native was such hot ****.
  2. Gams

MP Native cRPG

Except nothing from the old cRPG files got imported . The project is entirely written in c# with a lot of optimizations. Right now what you see is only the tip of the iceberg. Takeo has written all the backend needed to make cRPG2 run .

Second thing "we'll really have" nothing to do. We don't owe you anything . We are 5 people that have worked on the project and Takeoshigeru has done 99.5% of the work. Instead of complaining how about you do like me and learn to code in C# to help us?

Combat system will be improved at some point if someone has the time to work on it.
    lel, you're misreading the situation. I wasn't making demands here I was making suggestions and predictions so drop the act and stop behaving as though I just called your girlfriend ugly.
  3. Gams

Multiplayer mods can't be made until 2024 unless we find an alternative

I can only imagine the reason there still are no dedicated servers around is because they wanna keep things on a short leash so they can eventually start selling virtual hats to the upcoming generation of fortnite kiddies.
    I wouldn't necessarily blame them for it, just be upfront about it.
  4. Gams

MP Native cRPG

Yeah in all seriousness: You can't just port a bunch of items over from the old cRPG files, slap some levelling system onto it and then call it a day. You'll really have to un-**** the combat system.
  5. Gams

[RM] Risen Manifest

Where GTX@
  6. Gams

MP Native cRPG

Will it feature danish great swords though?
  7. Gams

Another review from one of those 5k+ hours warband players

Chambers existed only on an advanced level to begin with. The average player could not even do them. You still had people in 2019 asking what just happened if you chambered them.
  8. Gams

chambers were absolutely not only used in duels, good for 1v1 in battle as surprise. very good for clutches, outplays and 2v1s
    Yeah to completely dismiss the use of chambering any where other than duel is silly. It was used regularly in battle and in scrims/matches.
    Chambers were not just a thing on duel servers, they were regularly used in battle by good players too. It's a medium risk medium reward move that is really fun to use. I miss it loads.

Nostalgia glasses. You're acting as if everyone was constantly trying to chamber and like it is this one huge difference between bannerlord and warband when really it was this fairly niche mechanic with little payoff in terms of actual results.
  9. Gams

I'm gonna post my verdict first. It's still M&B but if you liked it in a more competitive kind of way only barely so. The one huge change for the better compared to warband for me is ranged. I've seen people complain how oh-so-overpowered to warband it is because of how much more accurate and...
  10. Gams

What Mods would you like to be made?

Has anyone said cRPG yet?
Back
Top Bottom