Recent content by Galvar

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Looks pretty nice. It's still missing peace time related activities that I'd love to have, but it's probably better that you're focusing on improving combat first.

I'd prefer to at least wait for you to implement the ability to attack specific formation before I come back to the game, but if people give positive reviews of this new pathing system, I'll give it a go.
  2. Release Plans

New movement system+targeting enemy formations hype.

I'm also hoping for some activities during peace like feasts and managing your fiefs though.
  3. Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Looks awesome! This list has many changes that I've been looking forward to. Can't wait to check this patch out.

Also +1 to the clone children issue (and them always getting mothers' culture). It seems small, but it's actually quite important for immersion.
  4. 'Developer Reply' Tag / Marker for Forum Threads

Yeah, as an on and off forum member it would be extremely helpful. Adding an option in threads like "Show developer posts only" would make it even better.

I don't follow forums closely, I just check it from time to time to learn about progress and get some news. Being able to quickly find developers' posts would make browsing this forum a far more enjoyable experience.
  5. SP - General Show/hide friendly troop banners with a hotkey

Friendly troop banners over their heads provide necessary information, but at the same time clutter the screen and reduce immersion. I know that we can disable them in the settings, but there are moments when they are very needed. It would be great if we had a way of temporarily enabling them...
  6. What Do You Guys Play For?

Imagine you could just serv as a soldier in any army :iamamoron:
    I've played freelancer in Warband and it was very fun, but only for a short time. In Bannerlord I haven't tried it yet.

Being a captain/sergeant of a small cavalry unit is the best of both worlds. :grin:
  7. What Do You Guys Play For?

I don't plan on "finishing" my playthroughs.

The most fun part of M&B are large scale battles. I enjoy them even more when I feel like I'm just a part of them, instead of a supreme commander. So the main goal of my playthrough is to build myself up enough so I can mantain (and replenish) a sizeable army. I acquire a town, workshops, companions, then I pick battles left and right (preferably as a captain), while developing my fiefs/companions until I get bored of the current version.

My dream playthrough would be a long one, spanning over several generations. But there's not enough fun stuff to do for me yet to last even to a second generation. I need more features that spice up gameplay during peace. Events, more managing of your fiefs and subjects, more interactions with other characters (especially family), perhaps feasts... More ways of RPing a medieval noble. I would love if this game was closer to a CK3 in 3rd person (with much more focus on combat of course).
  8. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

Am I the only one with a hotfix weighing 9,02 GB? I've already downloaded 1.7 beta and haven't switched away from it.
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.3

• Introduced death of the NPCs in simulation battles.
    • Decreased the chance of death caused by battle wounds in missions for all heroes except the player (the chance is the same in both missions and simulations).
    Finally. So happy it's introduced.
  10. Player Cavalry is stubborn?

Yeah, ability to charge specific formations is necessary. It would make battles far more fun. And if anyone didn't want it, they could target nothing and make their troops charge randomly like they used to.
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Do you mean an "infested" state that a player would interact with from the village menu / village elder to initiate a fight with a bunch of bandits in the village scene?
    Could be either one of those, I guess:
  12. Estimated release is now Q2/2022

I don't care whether they call it Early Access or Release. What matters to me is getting fixes, improvements and new features. I doubt that approaching release date will speed anything it up. And if calling it Early Access means that they will keep on working on it for longer, I'm fine with them extending it until Mount&Blade 3 if they decide to continue the series.
  13. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.1

Unless I missed it, still no death in battles for AI vs AI simulation and is only enabled in player battles.

So the wait for 1.6.2 begins ?
    I wonder what's taking them so long with it. Doesn't seem like a complicated fix (some mod made it work over a half year ago IIRC) and the "testing issues related to death" that they mentioned previously (also over a half year ago) seems just like a bad excuse.
  14. Noble Genocide

I was under the impression that turning off the setting Enable Birth and Death did that but only turning off death in battle allowed for children to be born.

Was that mistaken?
    You're probably thinking about the setting that is related only to your clan members chance of death. And I'm talking about death related to AI lords as well.
  15. Noble Genocide

Why not just turn off death in battle in the difficulty settings?
    Because dynastic stuff is a big part of the game and this setting just turns it off.

Modding death out of battles lets the dynastic side of the game stay, but no deaths whatsoever brings its own issues to simulation health (but it's still better than vanilla death rates).
Back
Top Bottom