Recent content by Froi

1. Froi

MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

I think the current system is fine. Sure, sometimes people take carts to other places, leave them behind, etc. and you won’t see a cart in the castle. That’s part of the fun, though. If it’s not easily available in the castle, you’ll have to find it. I’ve had a lot of fun going to a nearby castle and forcefully liberating some carts from an enemy because we had none. As long as a server has rules against hogging all the carts on the map, it will be fine. Also, what if the castle is out of the resource to make the cart? Go gather it but, oh, wait. You don’t have a cart to do that. So you have to keep running back, bringing the wood back. Seems like the opposite of fun.
    Again, it's my opinion that we need to try to limit the amount of rules with smart game and map design. This feature with carts decaying after not being used for a couple hours or being craftable would solve the issue of people hogging carts, and thus not need a rule for it. And you realize it would probably take the same amount of time or less to cut a tree down real quick outside the castle and craft one rather than going castle to castle hoping they have one you can steal, especially if maps are larger in Kingdoms. If for some reason people find fun in going cart scavenger hunting, then let them do that, but I would also like to see a crafting system for people that don't like brainlessly wandering around hoping to find what they're looking for. 2 options, best of both worlds!

Obviously this and other features will come a bit later in development and consideration, according to the roadmap.
  2. Froi

Maybe some people don't want to change their steam name based on one game?
    Again people play other games where you have to and no one gives a damn, if it's that much of an issue for you try and talk to the TW devs that you talk to or whatever. I think you're **** outa luck until they do something.
  3. Froi

This is pretty important tbh. Clan tags are pretty necessary for in-game purposes, and asking hundreds of people to change their steam name permanently is just bonkers.
    What's wrong with changing your steam name? Other games such as Rust have it that way, and no one has ever complained about that. Only 10 seconds of work...
  4. Froi

Just for reference, during the meeting Roy was sharing a presentation on what his idea for the timeline would look like:
    Seems more realistic to me, albeit maybe adding a bit of salt to that timelines because... ya know, taleworlds.
    I mean hey if he's right, great, unfortunately I doubt that to be the case. I also didn't have the graphic to go on, as I would never attend some sort of meeting like this as it's just a waste of time, so only the audio that you provided is what I had to go on.

Anyone have any info on what the plans are for the servers when the mod goes up? Is it going to be the same thing where whoever has an excess of spare money to throw at server owners to ensure that their clan is on top running stuff? Hoping it will be a mod team hosted server for longer than the couple week test period with limited policing like how original PW was. PW was always the most frustrating to try and manage with man-children controlling groups of other people and refusing to let their 50 people play if things aren't going their way.

I'm just really hoping for less admin intervention on servers that aren't specifically those RP ones. You just need smart mod and level design choices that make playing like a normal person a better option that just RDMing everyone you see. The whole 7 pages of rules that you had to constantly have up on a second monitor while playing to ensure that the way you're about to do XYZ doesn't break Rule 342, subsection 8 is crazy, and I hope that gets addressed by whoever is gonna be running servers.
  5. Froi

I mean PW on Warband didn't take a year. Doubt it's gonna be alot more on here
    The development will surely be ongoing for more than a year. PK in it's current state is just gonna be copy pasted however, but new features will take a bit to get worked on.
  6. Froi

I don't know how Late summer/early autumn is 5 weeks from now...
    That's exactly what I was thinking, which is why it was so strange that you have some 5 week timeline going in that meeting. Again you can just listen to it, we both hear the same things as we both speak English I assume. You said the server testing Taleworlds is doing will be 2 to 3 weeks from what the Devs you talk to say. Then you say the mod will be tested for 1 to 2 weeks, and then as you say, "basically we have the mod!"

That adds up to 5 weeks. I would just be careful talking about timelines and stuff as you have a large community that looks to you for news and updates for some reason, and you have no idea if what you're saying is remotely accurate, no one does. Taleworlds takes laughably long times to put anything out.

I will happily eat crow if for some reason 5 weeks from now we're all playing, as I'm looking forward to it as well obviously, but no reason to get everyone riled up for no reason.
  7. Froi

Just...not what happened, but okay lol
    I listened to the meeting as it's posted on youtube. Did you wanna listen to it again maybe?

"Of what I based on talking to some Devs and the Modders and what not, you know based on the recent news of the private servers being tested basically that's what we're in right now, phase one. I'm not exactly sure how long that will last but you know, 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a little bit longer, ummmm, directly after that they will be releasing the private servers."

"-After that it (PK) will go into mod development, which they've done most of the work thus far, uhhh, for the mod so all they really need to do is put it together on a server and then test a few things and uhhhh, then the mod will basically be ready to go. Testing the mod will probably take a week or two figuring out some bugs, and then after that, we have the mod. So if you add all these times up, roughly mid to late summer, maybe early Autumn, fall, based on whatever you call it."

So your timeline is basically 5 weeks, which is already incredibly way too soon, but then you do say early summer, late summer, autumn or fall, which is at least a bit more realistic.

Here's the video if you wanna hear yourself I guess.
  8. Froi

Did you expect development for the mod to take less than a year?
    Roy had some community meeting where he alludes 5 weeks from now to late summer, so unfortunately a lot of people are going to be disappointed when that's not the case lol. Remember kids they don't do anything fast, so take whatever Roy said with a boulder of salt.
  9. Froi

Custom Titles

I would appreciate my "Infidel" title back please :ohdear:
  10. Froi

Apparently voice chat is on the making so proximity voice chat doesnt sound like impossible now, I'm really eager to play this!
    Let's please not add this...
  11. Froi

Bit late, but good luck. Be nice to have something to sink another few thousand hours into again.
  12. Froi

Persistent Memories

Lord Brutus said:
    He could be a pest at times since he wanted my opinion on everything.  :smile:
    He talked about you pretty frequently, said you were a nice guy, but mostly *****ing about how you wouldn't unban him :wink:.

13. Froi

RELEASE: DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

Thanks guys, we may look into using these and ditching our current ****ty-ish scripts  :fruity:
  14. Froi

Fragarach - The Answerer

Looks very nice!  Love the design on the scabbard.
  15. Froi

M&B II : Bannerlord should include customizable troops and building cities

If it isn't in the base game someone will make a mod for it I'm sure.
Back
Top Bottom