Recent content by Frodo.

1. Frodo.

idk if TW even reads these but.. remove Loot system

Every time I ask on an official siege server why people aren't playing BRE siege instead (objectively better; team damage, more maps, bigger server size and less crashes), most of the time the answer is "no loot". People are avoiding custom servers so they dont miss out on progression from the...
  2. Frodo.

Checklist for TW to finish mp

Balance is still something worth considering, because TaleWorlds' insistence on keeping certain things imbalanced is still a significant enough source of frustration to push people away from playing MP. Remember how stupid archers were before e1.7.2?
    yeah I'm not disagreeing that the game is unbalanced, but I think the things I listed should be prioritised above it. Cos honestly the casual playerbase isn't too worried about balance and just likes playing big medieval battles with skill based combat.
    And it'd help keep players if it didn't crash half the time - or, like today, the servers were completely down all day. TW can balance all they want once servers are working properly.
  3. Frodo.

doesn't matter how balanced the game is, if u can't even play it there won't be any players left. All they do each patch is try and make little balance changes while the big issues (the ones I mentioned in the original post) remain and oftentimes get worse. That's why I think they should focus on only those three things before changing anything else.
  4. Frodo.

-fix custom items, especially helmets, they still clip
    -make helmets and shoulder armor optional

these are easier, still no joy
    it's too late for little changes like this, they need to save the game first
  5. Frodo.

- fix performance issues - release custom servers - fix your own servers Doing these 3 things and calling it done it would make 80% of mp players happy. Not everyone's gonna be happy but this is the best you can do because there isn't much time before the mp breathes its last breath.
  6. Frodo.

Meme Perk Suggestion Thread

Khuzait -> rabble -> khuzait doesn't suck at siege!!1 (siege only): replaces rabble throwing rocks with catapult rocks, can be thrown the same as regular rocks but has the power of catapult rocks.
  7. Frodo.

When will you start actively dealing with cheaters in multiplayer?

I see you haven't read the above. Even with the bow removed, sometimes a knight with a sword in his hands caught up. I tested it on purpose!
    when you choose a class look at its speed stat. Vlandian sergeant has 80 or 81 base speed but im pretty sure all archers have below 75. So you'll never be able to outrun an infantry troop on speed alone if you're playing archer
  8. Frodo.

Revert to 1.7.1 update, focus on crashes and custom servers

What are you talking about? Bannerlord’s combat is terrible. Shield bashing, spin to win, swings killing anything behind you, etc. it’s a train wreck and needs to be modded to even be capable of play.
    It's not perfect, but even with these problems I would still say it's a good combat system, definitely superior to any other directional combat game I've played (Chiv, Mordhau, MoE, Last Oasis, Gloria Victis). Like I said - it's a good base, and now just needs to be tweaked by people that are more familiar with it than TW.
  9. Frodo.

Revert to 1.7.1 update, focus on crashes and custom servers

yep, their original visions for the game aren't what they wanted but that doesn't mean the project has to fail. TW just need to accept that they've created a really good base game (in terms of multiplayer combat), and let modders and players shape and build on that base to create something we genuinely want. Instead of releasing new content and trying to balance, make the servers stable and release custom servers. This would probably be enough for them to call multiplayer finished - as long as the official/custom servers do remain stable afterwards.
  10. Frodo.

It's unbelievable how grossly incompetent you are at doing anything to the game.

not even a single EU server is playable lmao. The boomers were right all along.. warband is superior
  11. Frodo.

Loot system is overly grindy and annoying

honestly I wish they'd just get rid of the loot system anyway. People have been playing official servers instead of private ones just for loot even though private servers have better game modes or systems. Like battle mode, or friendly fire and more maps on rdc's siege server. Would be better to just make customisation free and have players choose gameplay over some mega grindy progression system
  12. Frodo.

A custom server that hasnt been notice.

yeah the friendly fire is good but I think the server admins need to remove the infinite gold thing. It has to be good enough to make people want to play without the incentive of loot cos a lot of people care about that unfortunately
  13. Frodo.

Love for MP is on the way!

taleworlds have chosen short term over long term gain. Building a loyal fanbase is much more profitable in the long term and that comes with making products that fit in the interests of the user - even if it means more work in the short term. That's the only reason bannerlord sold so well; they created warband in a way that pleased the audience and sustained them. Their next release will not sell nearly as well as bannerlord. And so if you're really looking for a financial incentive - it's to make a good game now to make sure people buy their next one.
  14. Frodo.

Love for MP is on the way!

damn i just wish there could be a game with combat as good as bannerlord that have devs who really care about the success of their multiplayer. It's a shame that this was the team that perfected directional combat.
  15. Frodo.

Server Files

agree
Back
Top Bottom