Recent content by fragonard

1. fragonard

Medicine most OP skill in the game

Just plain old school "catch and releash" is fine for levelling charm.
    Yeah, that works too. :smile:
  2. fragonard

Battania musings

Trying to pin down exact cultural references will just make you nuts. They pick and choose ideas. The longbow and Celtic parts are like 11th C Welsh, otherwise Battanians seem pre-Norman Welsh/Irish/Scot. The falx comes from Roman era Balkans. It's all mixed up.
  3. fragonard

Medicine most OP skill in the game

It really depends on your playstyle. I hate being wounded or losing troops so my medicine is slow to level. I had Steward at 275 before medicine 50. Medicine will never work for me. Charm is easy for me just from custom smithing orders, never miss one and they give lots of charm points.
  4. fragonard

Game is patching on Steam...but no patch notes.

And another to 1.0.0.4407. Good thing I don't use mods.
  5. fragonard

Game is patching on Steam...but no patch notes.

It's just a minor hot fix to 1.0.04373. They don't usually give notes on that sort of update.
  6. fragonard

Do bow control perk work on horse???

Plus the mounted bow penalty goes away at high riding levels so, yeah, go for damage.
  7. fragonard

Smithing parts unlock grind solution

I think the devs mean it to be hard. If it's not a serious grind it would be too powerful. Hard to balance.
  8. fragonard

Official Release

True. I'm just concerned about the older versions having been culled from Steam's beta downloads.
    1.7x files have just been reloaded on Steam.
  9. fragonard

Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

The question, though, is if it's going to be basically 1.9 with a new version number.
  10. fragonard

Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Is the beta branch going to continue after release? Is it correct that the current 1.9 (more or less) will become the release version and that the 1.9 beta will be equal to release?
  11. fragonard

Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

@fragonard I think those are the Achievements i'm not sure though.
    Ah, that makes sense. thanks.
  12. fragonard

Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Just got a 1mb dl for 1.9.0.3526 on Steam. Anyone know what it is?
  13. fragonard

On Crafting Orders

Yep smithing doesn't feel right since 1.8.1 (I would say), the pommels for axes and masses don't work in my opinion, don't add any value and it's more difficult to upgrade because of the amount of item to unlock.
    I love smithing from the beginning despite all critics but not any more. It's a chore now !
    And please add the feature to pay the weapon we want. Blacksmiths and others, everyone, asking for that feature.
    Thank you :grin:
    That was my initial impression but now that I see how it can work, I prefer the new way. The downside is that you have to dedicate 5 or 6 levels to grinding your way up and then some time traveling to get good custom orders. Boring but rewarding financially.
  14. fragonard

On Crafting Orders

Yeah, serial unlocking. Very grindy but rewarding once you figure it out. Curious perks are really valuable for repeated forge/smelt, forge/smelt. It uses limited resources but has a big payback. Once you unlock tier 4 parts, you can start doing custom parts for 20-80K a pop.
  15. fragonard

Did companions disappear in 1.9.0

don't forget you can use the encyclopedia to check, just filter heros by wanderer
    This. In fact, I check the encyclopedia immediately to see if the campanion types I want are available and restart if they're not.
Top Bottom