Recent content by Fozzy1001

1. Fozzy1001

[WBL] MOSS Anti-cheat

OurGloriousLeader said:
    No, you're muddying the waters with unnecessary legal matters that don't apply, or at the very least would only apply in the case of a legal challenge (from? against?), then waving your hands and saying they "might" apply. They don't. The system is clear enough regarding who is looking through the data (admin team), the data you're sending over is the data you're consenting us to see and it's by now been made very clear what the limitations of the collection are, there's no legal contract being formulated, and the data will be deleted most likely within a week. Not only does the data protection act not apply here since how a legal challenge or responsibility could be laid is unclear, if it did apply the proposed plan would be fully in line with the Act beyond any one taking info and causing harm with it, in the unlikely event of which you're welcome to press charges against them.

If you want to discuss how the admin team will actually work feel free, despite my replies to Fietta I've no interest in pretending it's a non-serious issue that we might end up with some unwanted personal info and anyone on the team should be committed to handling it responsibly, but we need to stop pretending legal issues are a serious barrier here.

Yes.....exactly.....I'm telling you that there are legal matters which MIGHT apply. I'm not saying someone's going to take you to court, I'm just saying they could if things go wrong and you have not covered all of the correct bases. Getting all pissy because someone is not likely to actually do so, doesn't negate any of what I said. I don't have the time and energy and, quite frankly, I don't like you enough to bother going through all that is wrong with your assumptions on the law relating to this. Although I will say you have grossly misunderstood who is responsible in the event of a data breach.

I've pointed out there are issues here, you may or may not have considered them before I did that, you have now accepted them and choosen to gamble on it not applying or if it does, that no-one has the funds, knowledge or energy to take you to court if something does go wrong, which are perfectly fine odds I'm sure.

I've done my bit it as far as I'm concerned.
  2. Fozzy1001

[WBL] MOSS Anti-cheat

It doesn't matter if it was my mistake. There needs to be clearly defined and published measures in place to remove the personal data from public access.  That is my main point in that instance. All of those process etc should be clearly outlined, not figured out the night before people are supposed to start using this programme.

As for the Data protection = consent stuff. You've misunderstood the law. Just because i've sent it over does not actually mean that is the data I consented you to see, you're opening yourself up to unnecessary legal challenges, that's not even touching on the whole sharing to the entire internet part of it all. Before you collect any information you need to be specifying exactly what information you'd be gathering, who you're sharing it with (and why), then get each person's consent.

I clearly didn't stress enough.........I'm not saying GDPR and the Data Protection Act WILL apply. Just that depending on who is holding the data (which we still have not been told), it COULD apply.

I wanted to make the point that you should not be cavalier about personal data.....which a fair few people were doing. There are risks and resposibilities involved.
  3. Fozzy1001

[WBL] MOSS Anti-cheat

Rolling this out the week of the tournament is dumb.

This is the sort of thing as a community we should all want to be getting right. It sounds like as a programme it can achieve the goal of identifying cheaters in the scene. But at the same point there is genuine privacy concerns, which can probably be solved by just having it take screenshots in game, not of your entire desktop.

Eitherway, when the potential that individuals can unwittingly disclose personal information we should be more cautious than implementing it a day or so before matches begin.

I know I will certaintly forget i've got it running and will go on facebook, or watch a stream or something whilst i'm benched.

Let's say that happens. Currently you've provided no information on the process for notifying the admin team as to the data breach, how quickly that will be responded to, how the information will be deleted and what methods you have in place to ensure that no one else can access that personal information between it being noticed and you taking it down.
    It seems from what others have said that everyone in the warband community has access to view those files? What is the process if someone takes down my personal information before the admin team have been able to remove the file? What even is the process for removing a file? Who is liable for the data breach in that instance? Is it MOSS? Is it the Tournament Admins? Is it Taleworlds? 

Add into that you're straying into murky territory with the GDPR (which will be live from the end of May). Does this tournament count as an organisation? If so are they held accountable for how personal information is stored? If so and there is a breach which leads to damages (lets say for example my facebook gets leaked, someone then starts spamming me and my friends with abusive messages) who pays the Compensation under the GDPR if it is applicable? Again, is it MOSS? is it Taleworlds? Is it the tournament Admins?
    Since i'm in the UK am I protected by the Data Protection Act? Lets say the Data protection act is applicable, who pays the fine for my personal data being published?

You get the picture.....the potential for a personal data breach is not something anyone should be taking lightly or just dismissing.

Also before anyone bothers to come in saying "just don't do anything that will give your personal information away"........doesn't matter. If these laws do apply then they need to have these measures in place regardless. It's the data controller/ holder's responsibility to a) only collect the information they have said they will collect, b) have measures in place to stop any data breach from occuring and mitigate any potential breaches.

I'm not saying the GDPR or Data Protection act would apply in this instance..........it all hinges on the definition of an organisation I guess, you'd probably need a lawyer to advise you on that. Personally, if I was organising this tournament/ the implementation of this then I would assume the laws did apply unless a lawyer told me otherwise.....the fines are a bit too large to be taking risks. Therefore you'd need to have measures in place to ensure you adhere to it.

Welcome to the fun filled world of potentially dealing with personal information  :wink: :wink:.
  4. Fozzy1001

Looking for a new server idea | Warband Hunger Games

As someone who played waaaaaay too much of Hunger Games when it was live, teaming really wasn't that big of an issue. You've just got to accept it will happen. Large groups teaming was a bit of an anomaly max you'd see 4 players, the only difficulty for me came from when a couple of good players were teaming. But that was rare........or I'd just get a friend too xD.

The point about the maps taking too long is the biggest thing that needs to be addressed. It was frustrating watching two people just run around the complete opposite ends of the map. Either smaller maps need to be made, or maybe the CCC_Last Man Standing mechanic of teleporting the final players to an arena should be implemented (or something similar).
  5. Fozzy1001

[Minor League] Questions & Suggestions

Fietta said:
    I don't know why half-decent people sign up to this league when the sole purpose is to get new players into competitive or noobs to improve. It's quite a pitiful act to create teams like wolfpack, but what would I know? Is your intention to receive your first irrelevant medal? I don't consider slaying noobs to be fun. I expected more teams like Gibby's.

EDIT: This isn't a dig at the mentors, just the half-decent teams created.

We were actually invited to make a team.............and our first response was to say no since we didn't really see much benefit from taking part. We only changed out minds since we don't play the game much anymore and figured it would be a nice way to get back into playing matches together.

Personally, I think it's quite a pitiful act to go chatting **** about something without knowing any of the details......but what do I know?
  6. Fozzy1001

Fietta said:
    I'm still surprised that people still think the mentor system isn't OP. Just make it so mentors don't play... wtf...

I'd say most Mentors aren't OP........look at me. I have to be a mentor as 4 years ago I played 4 rounds in a semi-final before getting benched when the good players turned up. Admittedly I don't really fit what Nexoner had in mind for a mentor, but it's the only way I get to play with my clan-mates under the current rules.

7. Fozzy1001

MoB....not won a match yet.

Wolfpack.....lost our first match.

Watch out for those OP teams guys! :roll: :roll: :roll:
  8. Fozzy1001

Native Fantasy League [NFL] Sign ups!

Name: Fozzy
    ID: 1686434
    Main Class: Archer
    Second Class: Cav
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fozzy1001/
    TaleWorlds:
    Interested in leading a team?: (Yes/No) No
    Would you mind/Do you want to call for your team even if you aren't the captain?: (Yes/No) No
  9. Fozzy1001

[WSC] Preview | The Underdogs (1/4)

Love it! Really great job! :smile:
  10. Fozzy1001

Native Completed Total Annihilation 2: 3vs3 Infantry Tournament

Thanks for the fun match! Good luck in the rest of the tournament!
  11. Fozzy1001

[WPL2] [EU] Rosters & Substitutions

Please remove me from Wolfpack.
  12. Fozzy1001

WPL2? Discussion

Think it was the right call to move the bigger pot to a Bannerlord competition.
    Would just like to echo the thanks of the others for putting additional funds in yourself, really going above & beyond! Also want to say thanks for taking the communities views on board when making your decision RE funding this or Bannerlord competition.
  13. Fozzy1001

WPL2? Discussion

Just because some teams wish to do the tournament now does not mean we should. This is the first major cash prize M&B tournament (to my knowledge) and the success or failure of this competition will have repercussions either positive or negative on the types of competitions we will have in Bannerlord. If this flops it will make securing funding for Bannerlord competitions that much harder.

Personally I don't quite understand the timing of this, the Warband community has steadily been getting smaller as everyone starts waiting for Bannerlord, why try and breathe 10k dollars worth of life into Warband when that money will go a lot further in Bannerlord.

I was recently looking at the IGN review for the console version of Warband. Their main points were that the game looked old, which is fair enough, it does but this put them off and led to the score being lower.
    There are times in a project lifecycle where a cash injection/ increase in hype is good business, at the end of a products life is not one of them them, especially if you're about to release a new product. The money is better used in the the new product.
  14. Fozzy1001

WPL2? Discussion

Im sure this has been said many times, but I think you should hold off on the tournament until Bannerlord comes out. Hold the tournament to coincide with the release (or even try and get the teams access a week or so early) and have the tournament as a promotional thing. If Taleworlds can see there's other people willing to front money for a prize pool they might be convinced to also add something too. At the very least your more likely to get increased exposure from a Bannerlord competition then a Warband one.

War of the roses did this and it helped them hype the game up.

Bannerlord isn't too far away, holding the tournament now would not be the best use of funds. We as a community need to try and ensure that a tournament like this is successful to encourage future competitions with similar prizes. If this flops it will definitely have repercussions for Bannerlord competitions.
  15. Fozzy1001

Aeterna Hungergames | Warband hunger games is back!

Was a lot of fun!

Love you always Gotha!!  :grin:  :lol:
Back
Top Bottom